TouchFluffyTail

The WoWS carry and carry Fail Thread

1,220 posts in this topic

Second time I break 200K, I think. Also, I never dodged so many torps in a BB.

zpAPbFR.jpg

0tbYLDk.jpg

1P1iRRC.jpg

Also, would have probably lost this had I not realised just before clicking battle that I had apparently neglected to enable auto-ressuply the signals and played signal-less for my 29 of my first 30 Amagi battles

So I was trying out the 128s on the Gaede in ranked today, as I realized that the advantage the 150s give me, doesn't usually help in ranked (not enough cruisers around in most cases). The match was fairly derpy, as not only did it take me a while to get used to the 128's ballistics, but also because the match started with a close-range 3 on 1 between a Leander, my Gaede and a Fubuki against an enemy Leander, which only I survived despite no involvement of outside forces whatsoever (omg, those people...). In the end, it came down to a one on one between a well-played Fuso and a derpy-played Graf Spee:

pyehOML.jpg

Close call, eh? What do you think who won?

ZefZu2Z.jpg

Hooray for capping B a split second before they capped A. Closest match I ever had, literally.

A rare moment in WoWS where teamwork actually wins the game. Another Rank 1 player in a Des Moines and I in the Z-46 hard carry the hell out of this game at the end with both of us at low health and three enemy battleships still alive. I spot for the Des Moines and spam torpedoes while he gets behind an island and spams them with HE shells to keep resetting the caps while I take the other caps. The overall damage isn't that impressive, but I almost single handily took out three of their destroyers and damaged the fourth.

https://replayswows.com/replay/4021

eMeo2KW.jpgudC7Fav.jpghHqr8F5.jpgGyiERfP.jpg

8 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

When you hit a Tirpitz so hard at the beginning of a game he gives up and doesn't even bother to hit Damage Control:

id probably do the same, no point wasting time in that game, better go try another one without skycancer

After a pretty crap day of playing I finally did a little seal clubbing with my Wyoming (well I'm grinding the meh Orion currently also). This ship puts such a smile on my face

cdvAfxg.jpg

gPOrDTS.jpg

Pz9Rdvk.jpg

Finally getting a handle on the Minotaur.  With sucky teams of retards I managed a 112K damage loss, a 74K damage loss, and a 96K damage win.  I had 300+ main gun hits in the 2 losses which helped me complete the 2500 ribbon mission for the Yamamoto captain so it wasn't a total write off.

Wait. Psycho called the Orion "meh"?

Protip - fire nothing but AP and you'll find it's one of the best (if not the best) ships in its tier. Flamu says it's outright OP.

2 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Wait. Psycho called the Orion "meh"?

Protip - fire nothing but AP and you'll find it's one of the best (if not the best) ships in its tier. Flamu says it's outright OP.

AP??? ... the thing is a flamethrower!

The key to the Orion and other RN BB's is to know when to fire each (AP and HE). Both are equally effective, which is why the tier one captain skill that lets you switch ammo types is so important.

On 10/10/2017 at 7:04 PM, xWulffx said:

AP??? ... the thing is a flamethrower!

It is flamethrower, but it also has +1 MM and so there's nothing that the AP can't pen. Plus, because it's British short fused AP it rarely over pens cruisers and instead gives them the full loving.

So while HE will devastate, AP will simply delete cruisers.

I've won countless duels against other Orion's who were firing HE at me by hitting them with AP.

The Iron Duke is a different story because it sees tier 7. But for the tier 4 Orion - AP all the way.

Sorry about this essay. I'm just so tilted and seriously don't know how I got on the worse team sooo many times.

I've play about 10 games today. 9 losses and one draw (note crash or something like that). Below is my last game. 1800+ base, 919k credits (only running zulu flag) and 165k damage. I spend 2/3 of the game in the center, while my team broadsided everything from DDs in smoke to BBs. Events transpired and all that was left was me in the center and 10-line players. I might have gotten a bit salty... On the plus side I was able to do the entire 5 weekly missions on EU during those 10 games (the final game completed 5/5 on a loss), and I'm now 3 wins away from the Gangut.

Due to this lovely day and my lovely teams my solo win rate dropped by .5 % to 58.66%. Having spend ages dragging it above 59 %, that is pretty enjoyable too. The worst bit is, that I've played the objectives the entire day. I've gone for the center cap's on domination, killed DDs there, while my teams other DD(s) went with the fleet. I would then return to the fleet, screen it and watch the remnants die in all sorts of stange ways. I lost a game earlier, where we 2 vs. 4 and leading heavily on points. My Kagero, which was closest to the enemy charged into them and died without them even having to change course. I had asked him in chat to run. I asked why he suicided, and he told me, that he was "hanging them up so I could get away". I was 8 KM away from them in a Lo Yang and had most of the map to run to... I told him his move was not a good call, he said he knew better. We lost in the end. I died 20 seconds before the end trying to kill a 5k HP Hindy, because their point tally was overtaking ours, and my torp attempts had missed. 

https://imgur.com/wYPmJG7

https://imgur.com/Hfkkqm7

https://imgur.com/h8NHWXF

https://imgur.com/wYPmJG7

My first day playing the Lo Yang:

Lo Yang 8 DD pan_asia.svg Pan-Asia 9 0.00% 64,832 1,763 2.5 1.7 0.7 33% 57% 11% 2,187

On 10/19/2017 at 11:24 AM, Birkovic said:

Sorry about this essay. I'm just so tilted and seriously don't know how I got on the worse team sooo many times.

I've play about 10 games today. 9 losses and one draw (note crash or something like that).

Teams are just otherworldly this week. High tier by far the worst feeling too.