TouchFluffyTail

The WoWS carry and carry Fail Thread

1,223 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2017 at 11:20 PM, bathoz said:

The sad fact is that you can't do 300k+ if your team is competent.

Unless CV cough cough new skillway plus like 3 enemy German BB's/any tier 10 cruisers without DeFAA or on cooldown

That said here are to really good matches I've had, this first one was a great fight in my New Orleans where I ended up in less than 5km brawl with a Monarch where I was able to use my speed to stay out of his gun arc, BUT a friendly DD decided to "help" and sent a wave a skill my way, completely missing the Monarch but managed to hit me

XWsLShA.jpg

ugbJZFx.jpg

This battle was from tonight, I haven't been able to run the Colorado in a while so I have used her a couple times this week for my FXP grind, most games have been normal games except this one, the enemy team loved giving me their broadside, they did have a good Cleveland captain that kept me and my side harassed

H7WpKCP.jpg

SJaIoIp.jpg

"Ranked is a team based game"

gFHODNt.jpg

i am fucking loving the Amagi in ranked, went from ranked 8 too 7 in 4 games, 12 in Amagi with no loses so far

I just had a 7 kill 120k damage game in my New Mexico while bottom tier, to say I carried this team would be a understatement lol. I don't get to take the ol' girl out very often anymore but when I do she sure puts the smile on my face. I especially needed this match because this weekend has been pure bad for me. I played my area, didn't over extend, I picked the easiest targets I could hit and with RNG on my side for once I was able to exploit enemy mistakes. While the damage wasn't crazy good I was able to put shots where they were needed. Heres the replay for anyone interested along with the screen shots

https://replayswows.com/replay/13557#stats

13557_621_1515386580.jpg

13557_146_1515386580.jpg

13557_744_1515386580.jpg

Since I'm bored, here's some end battle screenshots.

Looking through them, they're all over 2k base xp.

Bismark

CYfzgL0.jpgaMJbWmT.jpgURC81kA.jpg

Warspite

w7NC2sE.jpgZkoHWZC.jpgINPw8rO.jpg

Harekaze

tiS8uxR.jpgWlQMROP.jpgeuE96A6.jpg

Duke of York

jqIT7VK.jpgtAAyRKA.jpgpHyPErQ.jpg

Texas

oF0Izv2.jpg8zn2Eem.jpgqoxbqC1.jpg

Yugumo

J2sbBje.jpg7TL9qV2.jpgWNL5o9M.jpg

I managed to get a new YouTuber to feature my recent 7 kill NC game

He seems pretty new to WOWS and it looks like he is having the same glitching issues I had when I tried to convert the file to video, I thought it was my computer being a potatoe but a couple patches back I noticed the replays haven't been running that well so its good to know it may not be my computer

And the MM gods smiled down and said... "take ye my son"

sZQ5Dye.jpg

and i ventured forth, with many a torpedo hits

mMTJI60.jpg

21 hours ago, Crossfader said:

And the MM gods smiled down and said... "take ye my son"

sZQ5Dye.jpg

and i ventured forth, with many a torpedo hits

mMTJI60.jpg

You forgot:

"And smote the infidels with the Deep Water spears of death. 

And verily, the MM gods were pleased with their drowned offerings."

5520 battles, only my second Solo warrior....       all that tier X rank, gud training for random carrying

PDW4dY0.jpg

ywwrbde.jpg

N5xk5VO.jpg

So this thread got started back in March of 2015, a little over three years ago.  The last 9 months have been very dead, kind of mirroring the wotlabs site in general.  It's a shame, and about a year ago I tried to drum up a little support for making a wotlabs ships rating, but the snap back was quick and dismissive.  I was hoping to breath a second life into the forum, but there seems to be no interest in doing any new projects with the site owner afk.

The bulk of the wow's posters here ended up in RUST and with Discord allowing the equivalent of a mini forum with constant text chatter while people are at work, the value of posting here has become moot. 

Sorry for the hijack Immortan, but I am thinking this might be my last post here - no point in starting a good bye thread that no one would bother reading anyway ..lol.

wotlabs is dead wg refuses to cater to the smaller, more skilled playerbase. As a result affiliate

websites are failing. Wargaming is going to die in the next 5 years. 

TBH reddit seems to be the go to place for Wows discussions now.  The SEA forum (where I play) is pretty quiet apart from the anime side of things (which is NOT why I play).

Recently I’ve been playing more boats and actually been enjoying myself more, particularly as I get more high tier ships but Reddit is the place I go to get my info.

As for the longevity of the game, I think it’s got a couple of years in it as least, but we’re already seeing signs of WG jumping the shark (looking at you Asashio) by trying to make each new line/ship more gimmicky than the last.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:14 PM, Diatomix said:

wotlabs is dead wg refuses to cater to the smaller, more skilled playerbase. As a result affiliate

websites are failing. Wargaming is going to die in the next 5 years. 

its just WoT slowly winding down through neglect by WG and WoWs isnt big enough to support Wotlabs.

I would be surprise if WG does not have a modern tank game ( a la Armored Warfare) and maybe a Mech game in development. If not, once WoT is nothing but a rotting, bloated corpse, WoWs and WoWp wont be enough to let them go on.... wonder if Viktor realizes this ? 

Context:

25 seconds to go in a one vs. one situation and even though we control all 3 caps, we're well down on points.  Even though I don't think I'll reach him in time, I'm pushing to where the 31k HP Nagato is in my 10k HP Gneisenau, when he appears broadside to me at less than 7km away.

I fire my front 2 turrets and...triple citadel.  Pick up a Kraken and High Caliber as well as dreadnought, fireproof and an earlier close quarters medal.

7omHIJB.jpg%20%20%20

4 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Congrats!

last season, unless WG does some major changes

Literally no more rewards left, i have the Flint/Black and the special Black camo.... so nothing after that. Stalingrad does not interest me and i would have to grind another 7 ranked ones, rather just cut my balls off thank you