A_Chodeful

Inconvenience: Damage Farming Treatise

30 posts in this topic

-snip- NVM, actually quite fun to see a Kewei article through its process of growth and blossoming

Edited by Grimoire_of_Alice

Good read. One thing I do notice about my own play compared to your analysis, is that my aggression is pretty much always on. I always stay shooting or moving around for shots, and generally get pretty itchy when there are targets lit that I am not shooting at just because I risk being shot.

E50=me=attention whore. \o/

wow you told everyone about the prok thing, looks liks the arty avoidance secret is out.

who'da thought arty players suffer tunnel vision when they have god mode and won't shoot people outside their arc/ehere they're aimed already.

And here I was talking to some denier, trying to convince him you can avoid getting hit by arty in Prok, before he proved to be a hard headed prick and got kicked out of the server.

I should keep my patton even though I have the fatton unlocked....

Yes, Patton is definitely a keeper (that entire line is mostly keepers so long as you play the tier in question)

Good read.  Definate upvote. +1  Had to chuckle in the beginning though:

If you pay any attention to the going-ons of the world or just people in general, you'll notice that they hate inconvenience. They tend towards the most convenient action possible unless there's a very clear advantage to the inconvenient action - like third world people drinking polluted water since its still water and a little sickness is better than death by dehydration, or first world schoolkids looking up answers on Google instead of figuring it out themselves since we have a test-based education system instead of an actual learning institution. 

I don't think man's survival instinct is quite the same as going for the easy way ... :)

So far my (in)valuable input ...

Great insight into the mindset it takes to achieve maximum dpg, something that's well out of my grasp as of yet, but should certainly be helpful in getting my abysmally low survival rate up. I find myself being the most convenient target often due to my tendency to rush to Phase 2 and stay constantly aggressive and in the pubbies face till they route or kill me. This seems to drastically improve my win rate (I was running ~55% trying to focus on survival instead of aggression early) but often leaves me dead/one shot for phase 3 which I know negatively affects wr and dpg. Finding a compromise between reckless aggression and inaction because I can't figure out how to accomplish the next objective without taking damage is my current goal. 

wow you told everyone about the prok thing, looks liks the arty avoidance secret is out.

who'da thought arty players suffer tunnel vision when they have god mode and won't shoot people outside their arc/ehere they're aimed already.

One reason why the assistant view is so dangerous, it increases the view area which can be seen by arty and allows increased SA to the left and right of center.

Now to decide whether M46 is E50 is a better tank for me...

I don't have the E50, but I hear that despite certain polarities in the two, it's akin to the M46 because of simply how COMFORTABLE it is.

Here's a question that might help: Did you enjoy the T20? If not, you may not like the M46. The T20 is somewhat of an aberation in the American medium line because it DOESN'T have any armor. The M46 is the same. The Shermans and the Pershing had mantlets/turrets that were usable in hulldown. There's a TINY little beak portion of the M46 (upgraded) turret that's troll but it's so tiny that it's almost not worth mentioning. I have found that what worked in the T20 works in the M46 only that the M46 has far better DPM.

Very fine thinking.

And on a slightly personal note: you are destined for great things young man. Not because of your skill with tanks which is obvious but because you know and can articulate how and why you are great.

The ability to be introspective, thoughtful and then communicate it is a golden gift. Apply it, enjoy the rewards and respect it.

You have great power in your mind.

And with great power comes... well, you know the rest. ;)

Great insight into the mindset it takes to achieve maximum dpg, something that's well out of my grasp as of yet, but should certainly be helpful in getting my abysmally low survival rate up. I find myself being the most convenient target often due to my tendency to rush to Phase 2 and stay constantly aggressive and in the pubbies face till they route or kill me. This seems to drastically improve my win rate (I was running ~55% trying to focus on survival instead of aggression early) but often leaves me dead/one shot for phase 3 which I know negatively affects wr and dpg. Finding a compromise between reckless aggression and inaction because I can't figure out how to accomplish the next objective without taking damage is my current goal. 

This is what I am trying to figure out as well.  One major problem I am having is the variance in teammates and enemies as I solopub.  Judging quickly at the beginning (because early damage=best damage) how aggressive I can be/need to be to win the game is often eluding me.  XVM helps, but it is just a sketch; it would be helpful if you could see how players are doing in the very recent, as in, for the night.

But yeah, thanks for the help Kewei.

What do you do when pubbies try to do the same thing by just hiding behind a rock the whole game? It's really easy for them to do because brawling meta, whereas in the vision meta they never knew where to go.

What do you do when pubbies try to do the same thing by just hiding behind a rock the whole game? It's really easy for them to do because brawling meta, whereas in the vision meta they never knew where to go.

Go around the rock? Or on a different side of the map. Just someplace where you can be more effective than just area denial.

• Feel free to take early aggressive shots, people haven't set up at this time and just want to get to places, and it's inconvenient for them to stop in the open just to aim at you 

It seems sometimes that whenever an enemy gets spotted early my entire team will stop dead in their tracks to aim for him, no matter how slim a chance of hitting they have. They will massively prioritize this over getting to an important position early and setting up. Might be some confirmation bias at play because it annoys me greatly whenever it happens. :)

It seems sometimes that whenever an enemy gets spotted early my entire team will stop dead in their tracks to aim for him, no matter how slim a chance of hitting they have. They will massively prioritize this over getting to an important position early and setting up. Might be some confirmation bias at play because it annoys me greatly whenever it happens. :)

Your reality conforms to my own.