SchnitzelTruck

T54 Prototype

209 posts in this topic

This is what happens when a T-44 and a T-54 have sex and give birth to a bastard spawn only to discover (after the fact) that they are blood related and the child is......not quite right.....

I got one for free from WG to test out. Yay being a strimer.

Looks like they're trying to build up hype around the tank to get it to sell.

I'm predicting said hype to succeed (any good player can make a bad tank look decent), only to result in massive disappointment from the pubbie crowd.

My opinion on this tank? A worse Russian SPershing without the lol-APCR.

It's an interesting idea giving these prems to prominent streamers early as an advertisement.

Haven't been impressed with what I've seen of the T-54 first Proto outside of the bounciness of the armor. Seems slow, the gun is... meh, which combined with standard MM and the lack of mobility is really offputting. 

Scorpion looks even worse, but oh well.

It's an interesting idea giving these prems to prominent streamers early as an advertisement.

Haven't been impressed with what I've seen of the T-54 first Proto outside of the bounciness of the armor. Seems slow, the gun is... meh, which combined with standard MM and the lack of mobility is really offputting. 

Scorpion looks even worse, but oh well.

You may be right. Sela was playing the Scorpion last night, and it looked like fun. 

I'm at 21 battles in on live. My thoughts.

67% Win rate - 2k WN8 - 1431 avg damage

God this thing is slow. In everything it does it just feels weighted down. I know it isn't actually that slow, but it feels like it is. Acceleration is average, turret is average, aim time is not great. I mean seriously, this is like the vanilla of tanks. Everything is "okay" and nothing is great. All it really has going for it is a decent reload and armor. 250 alpha every 7 secs isn't bad, when you have a chance to use it.

Part of getting the tank from WG is a requirement I review it in some manner, so I"ll have a complete writeup and video in a couple weeks once I put 100 games in it or so. But so far it is really average and borderline bad.

Trobs, have you tried it after the micro patch?  I might be tinfoil hatting, but it feels better.  I'm missing less shots and it's getting to speed faster, especially that 30kmh "barrier" it has... or used to have.  In fact, it now keeps pace with T62's.

Tank Inspector says nothing about the mobility has changed, but the aim time in TI (2.4) doesn't match in game aim time (2.6).

Trobs, have you tried it after the micro patch?  I might be tinfoil hatting, but it feels better.  I'm missing less shots and it's getting to speed faster, especially that 30kmh "barrier" it has... or used to have.  In fact, it now keeps pace with T62's.

Tank Inspector says nothing about the mobility has changed, but the aim time in TI (2.4) doesn't match in game aim time (2.6).

Aim time when I was playing it was 2.49 base, .29 longer than the T-44 with the 100mm. I can check the version of TI i downloaded last night and see if it's mobility and gun soft stats have changed.

It's still slow, but it was pushing 50kmh on flat. That's a welcome change for sure.

Gun is still major trash though.

And yeah, always YOLO in tier 8.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/trobs-na-bedce6e5e4e5285f393a593647a4077a/himmelsdorf-france-amx_50_100-50115161601039477 

It's still slow, but it was pushing 50kmh on flat. That's a welcome change for sure.

Gun is still major trash though.

And yeah, always YOLO in tier 8.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/trobs-na-bedce6e5e4e5285f393a593647a4077a/himmelsdorf-france-amx_50_100-50115161601039477 

Yup, that was my opinion of it. If I ended up with enough gold to buy it in game, I probably would, but with normal MM, I'd never pay money for it with that gun on it.

With pref MM - totally worthwhile. The gun will bite you against heavies in 9s, but it's almost useless in 10s.

One of the things I am going to put into my review is the fact that the gun is severely underwhelming for a tier 8 without pref.

With pref MM - totally worthwhile. The gun will bite you against heavies in 9s, but it's almost useless in 10s.

One of the things I am going to put into my review is the fact that the gun is severely underwhelming for a tier 8 without pref.

6 less pen than the Type 59 which has pref MM, I found that slightly surprising. 

It's a very weak gun for non-pref. IS-6 has the same 175 pen w/pref. Type 59 has better w/pref.

It's kinda nutty. I really hope they give it a firepower buff before it goes on sale.

I haven't played it, but is the gun really that poor?  T-44 LB-1 has the same AP & APCR pen, just slightly better aim time and accuracy which seems fine as long as you aren't trying to go head on at hard targets.

It has the D10T from the T-44. The IS-6 and KV-5 both have weaker guns, but they get the benefit of fantastic armor.

I wouldn't actually mind this tank if it wasn't so god damn slow. It makes no sense either since the armor isn't even that good on it.

Thanks for the feedback Trobs.  I've been considering getting it when it becomes available as a crew trainer.  Overall how would you rank it versus the T-44?

First off gun stats.

T-54 FP uses the D10T-K

7.41 ROF

175 avg pen

250 alpha

.38 dispersion

2.6 aiming

T-44 can mount the  LB-1

7.41 ROF

175 Avg pen

250 alpha

.35 Dispersion

2.3 Aiming time

FP mobility:

520 HP engine

40 degree traverse

44 top speed

14.6 power/weight ratio

T-44 Mobility:

680 HP

44 Traverse

51 top speed

19.91 power/weight ratio

The only thing going for the FP is armor.

FP:

Hull 120/90/45

Turret 180/120/45 (though the top is like paper)

T-44

Hull 90/75/45

Turret 120/100/100

Now this is just stats, but simply put, the T-44 is faster and can mount a better handling gun. With the 54 FP you gain armor at the loss of speed, and it's plenty of it, for the pickup of armor.

Now that being said. The armor is hilarious when you can use it. My only game last night.

T-62A has almost the same HP/t but drives like a hovercraft while this one moves like a stranded whale. WG is so funny. :)

Just saw a Youtube review by Anfield -- he said he liked it, even though he hates playing premiums.

Would rank it as the top tier 8 premium medium (even above the Type 59).

Hoax?

That video seems like a pretty hard sell.....

LOL -- maybe everybody that gets it gifted to review, gets a piece of the action if they post a positive review?  We should ask RBS....