SchnitzelTruck

T54 Prototype

209 posts in this topic

If this tank makes through test server like this I will definitely buy it before it becomes the other type 59 that can now only exist in tournament prizes

I am still a little skeptical of it. Its the low pen of the main round. 175mm.

The purpose of a prem tank is to make credits. You will need to rely on the Prem round so much that it will be a challenge to make credits.  Pref MM would fix it, but at tier 10....?

Say what you will about the Panther 8.8 but its combination of 200mm+ pen, dpm and accuracy at least allows you to Chai Snipe in tier 10

I have misgivings about this tanks balance.  Too good for tier 8, too terribad for tier 10?

I am still a little skeptical of it. Its the low pen of the main round. 175mm.

The purpose of a prem tank is to make credits. You will need to rely on the Prem round so much that it will be a challenge to make credits.  Pref MM would fix it, but at tier 10....?

Say what you will about the Panther 8.8 but its combination of 200mm+ pen, dpm and accuracy at least allows you to Chai Snipe in tier 10

I have misgivings about this tanks balance.  Too good for tier 8, too terribad for tier 10?

You do realize tanks like the IS-6 can spam APCR and make money at the same time, right?

You do realize tanks like the IS-6 can spam APCR and make money at the same time, right?

yes but in the FCM50T I cant remember the last time I had to fire a single APCR round.  Standard round has 212mm pen which is plenty

IS-6 does 390 dmg per shot while this thing does 250, and their premium shells cost almost the same.  :beard:

Cya later... watching Trobs' review.

IS-6 does 390 dmg per shot while this thing does 250, and their premium shells cost almost the same.  :beard:

Cya later... watching Trobs' review.

Don't forget the IS-6 has better DPM too!

Is the ammo capacity a problem? 34 shells at 250 dmg per shot for AP/APCR comes out to 8500 maximum damage which seems a bit low, tbh.

It can be. I haven't been in any games yet that it's been an issue.

Edit: because I'm either dead or the game is over.

Trobs, thank you for the review.

May I suggest upping the volume for next time? I had to set it to max and it was still a bit low.

I may buy it if I rebuy the T-54, as I have a nice crew in the barracks. Not for fun though, my 59 does seem better suited for that due to lack of T10.

Also, low ammo count is annoying in a premium. When your set up includes about a 14 APCR shells and you get some amazing T8 game, you eventually run out of AP and bleed credits even when you don't need the additional pen.

Trobs, thank you for the review.

May I suggest upping the volume for next time? I had to set it to max and it was still a bit low.

I may buy it if I rebuy the T-54, as I have a nice crew in the barracks. Not for fun though, my 59 does seem better suited for that due to lack of T10.

Also, low ammo count is annoying in a premium. When your set up includes about a 14 APCR shells and you get some amazing T8 game, you eventually run out of AP and bleed credits even when you don't need the additional pen.

Replies on the video said the audio was low, but it sounds fine to me and I"ve tested it on 6 different machines and 2 cell phones. Regardless, I will raise the gain on future videos.

34 shells is definitely low with a fast~ish reload like that and if you take every opportunity you have at shooting something.

Maybe I"m just not risky enough because I don't trust the armor, but I haven't run out.

If OP @ T8 and shit at T10, how do you think this would fare during SH/Team Battles.

Would T69/Persh still be a better choice?

My quick review after 5 games in it...

Its a tier 8 heavy tank with a medium gun and good mobility for a heavy (think IS3 with better traverse and top speed of 44). It absolutely wrecks most tier 7 and all tier 6, because they just cant pen you (i watched a 13-75 unload two clips into me for no dmg and an IS-6 bounce 4 time) and i have bounced tier 9's from time to time. No tier X games yet, but I know it just wont be good in those at all, slow, worthless armor, shit gun.

It makes a fare amount of money, but shits exp like no tomorrow. Things to note

-Its gun is kinda derpy, with 2.6s aim time, but not too bad, its a brawler anyways

-360m view range at tier 8 on a med is horribly bad...... i dont run optics, or binos, just went with Vstabs, rammer and vents

I would recommend only if you already have soviet meds, but if your looking for your first prem, dont bother, get something with pref MM.... which means get an IS-6.

That ARMAH... and spam all the prem and still make money

shot_004_2.jpg

This thing is fairly capable thus far, moreso than I thought it would be. Tier 8 is a blast, Tier 9 it is still capable, and Tier 10 you have to play it pretty carefully. Maybe the CDC prepared me for this, I'm not sure. I am having a good time, and my RU Medium crews are loving it.

Ace in a Tier 9 game:

281ehp4.jpg

Are the expected values correct? It feels like I'm stat padding so far. 

Echoing most of what's been said already, this thing isn't good against tier 10s but it's amazing against 8s and sometimes 9s. 

Got Ace in my sixth game, granted I was top tier and in a platoon. Overall I'm pleased to have purchased it. It's just a good, solid heavy-medium. Looking forward to trying it in strongholds. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1821968#sacred_valley-thelancermancer-t-54_first_prototype 

EBG7l2k.png

7pLzuIB.png

First Batch of Games - all solo. Arctic Region I CTD'd early and loaded in dead, Mines was a T10 Battle. Gotta love sheltered MM when you buy a new tonk.

13ynktv.jpg

Trobs is right on the money.

Last night on NA server population wasn't the highest and I saw very few tier 8 matches, mostly 10, and it suffers in those. Parked it and played something else with the overwhelming number of tier 10 matches.

She'll be coming out again tonight for another spin though.