SchnitzelTruck

T54 Prototype

197 posts in this topic

On ‎09‎.‎01‎.‎2016 at 11:36 PM, KoIni said:

Here's a killer game in it:

:awyeah:

Can't see your equipment...

Foch has binocs on this thing, I sorta get it with that view range but I don't see how often that would be useful...

I run typical tryhard goldwhore setups:

Vert Stab, Rammer, Vents + Food

otherwise this gun might need GLD 

This tank is just great. So sturdy against tier 7 and 8. Tier 9 and 10 is a bit harder.

Earns good credits. Grinding cash and going to switch between this and IS-6.

Much easier to carry in this than CDC.

I only carry 10 APCR. Seems to be enough. Set up is vert stab, vents and rammer

Repair kit , med kit and large med kit.  4 skill crew from HEAT-54. :dealdog:

On 19.04.2016 at 1:57 PM, SIRJ4MES said:

This tank deserves more love. So comfortable to play.

Ace Tanker in tier X battle 

Poor Bat Chat :happyfish:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2630686#highway-sirj4mes-t-54_first_prototype

I don't get why people love it. It is decent but regular t8 heavies pen it without any problems and it has less alpha than them so it looses in brawls. Kv5 is way better and it gets pref mm

On 2016. 05. 10. at 9:25 PM, hazzgar said:

I don't get why people love it. It is decent but regular t8 heavies pen it without any problems and it has less alpha than them so it looses in brawls. Kv5 is way better and it gets pref mm

First, you can't compare it to a heavy tank, though it's playstyle somewhat the same (in corridor and city maps). In tier 8-7 it's a demigod, because if you find a good hulldown position and move constantly / peek, 2-2,5 k dpg can rack up pretty easily. 

It's carry capabilites are better than the fcm or cdc aka the bloom master, reason is simple: it's almost as mobile as them, but it's armor is actually reliable.

Overangling it can bounce a few shots from tier 10 guns, ofc don't expect it to.

Matchmaking also helps, from 450 battle, I can tell that about the 65-70% of the battles you get top tier.

Also I have achieved the most steel wall badges in game with this tank, so you just need to learn how to play it and it's not easy.

I have half ap, half apcr, gld,vstab and rammer.

10 hours ago, Vindi said:

First, you can't compare it to a heavy tank, though it's playstyle somewhat the same (in corridor and city maps). In tier 8-7 it's a demigod, because if you find a good hulldown position and move constantly / peek, 2-2,5 k dpg can rack up pretty easily. 

It's carry capabilites are better than the fcm or cdc aka the bloom master, reason is simple: it's almost as mobile as them, but it's armor is actually reliable.

Overangling it can bounce a few shots from tier 10 guns, ofc don't expect it to.

Matchmaking also helps, from 450 battle, I can tell that about the 65-70% of the battles you get top tier.

Also I have achieved the most steel wall badges in game with this tank, so you just need to learn how to play it and it's not easy.

I have half ap, half apcr, gld,vstab and rammer.

FCM is more effective at dealing damage.

As for Kv5 the armor seems more effective against t8 heavies in it since people don't know where to shoot if you don't allow them to shoot the r2d2. Here? If the tank is higher than you he will look for 90deg angle and pen your UFP (Tiger II, Caern etc)

Funny how some people hate the tank will other think is very decent, it is my personal favorite and go to tank when i play for credit. It is very good, it can sidescrap super easely it has good speed for that armor, gun is decent, the tank is just lacking some ammo to have a better loadout, running 10APCR, 1 HE and the rest AP, no food with rammer, vstab and vents. 

It is a good bully tank in a lot of situation. I personnally don't bring it in SH because the armor is useless against IS-3 altough it can fight very well against light tanks. 

This tank is quite alot of fun. At top tier it is a monster, and even at tier 9 it is good enough. Mobility isnt that terrible; cmon guys, you want tank that is immune to most tier 6s and 7s frontally go 50kph reliably? It is still faster than any heavy on that tier (amx 50 100 doesnt count). My only complaiment is poor performance on tier 10, but it is kinda logical since how much ass it kicks on tier 8.

This is a tank I've always wanted to try. Gives me weird release type 59 vibes, even though I know it's nowhere near as mobile. Every time I see these things roll up into a flank without any high pen T8+s, the flank is basically decided on the spot. Will have to see if I can break open the piggy bank and treat myself to one, just worried that the low pen + bad gun handling will drive me nuts.

I bought this thingie 2 weeks ago on discount on EU. I'm loving it! I put on it 4-skill T62a lady crew.

First I hated gun handling, and then I tried something different... i removed rammer, so I run now vstab, gld + vents. So far there was only ONE situation that I wished I had faster reload.

Look at the stats, albeit low number of matches, but all solo:

vdGRHMt.png

for a 2k player like me, this is very good.

On 13.8.2016 at 10:52 PM, Rexxie said:

This is a tank I've always wanted to try. Gives me weird release type 59 vibes, even though I know it's nowhere near as mobile. Every time I see these things roll up into a flank without any high pen T8+s, the flank is basically decided on the spot. Will have to see if I can break open the piggy bank and treat myself to one, just worried that the low pen + bad gun handling will drive me nuts.

The pen is workable, as while slow it is still agile enough to flank slow tanks. When you cant pen, APCR is solid enough.

Gun handling is indeed pretty bad, though. All i can say though that Mod 1 is very nice and 100% worth 32 euros. In tier 8 its OP, in tier 9 its still effective but the tank's honestly largest flaw is...tier 10s. It just sucks at tier 10 match, but tbh, most of tier 8s (ESPECIALLY mediums) suck at tier 10!

T-54 proto is good for relaxed play. Just chill and play. Pure easy-mode in tier 8 battles.

Comfortable to have so good armour. CDC is by far more stressful to play.

I am looking to get me a T8 russian medium to start working on my russian medium crew for later.

How does this stack up against the T-44-100? Which one would be a better choice?

T44-100 has better gun handling, but T54 proto has better armor. The armor is so good, that it really bullies all the others when it's top tier. And both are shit when bottom tier, so I would go for proto, if you have some money to throw at the screen.

I've played 240 games in it.  Not a good win rate, have a 3 perk crew 85% on the fourth perk.  It plays much better after the upgrade.  The reload time is faster, the aim time is faster and the aim bloom is not nearly as big.  It's a good credit earner, also.  Unless, you play against tier 9 or 10.

I feel like this tank flew a little under the radar in the latest update. every single aspect of it except for Mobility was buffed. it's no longer blind, it no longer has insufficient ammo, it got an extra degree of gun depression giving it - 7, and although I haven't reviewed the armor model the notes said stronger turret and it's noticeably stronger in game. and the gun handling is massively improved both in aim time and in bloom. plus it got penetration increases on premium and standard rounds. tier 8 medium tanks are still completely meh, but now at least makes credits which you couldn't do before. and it's enjoyable to play being buffed up to the level you would expect for a regular matchmaking tank

its still far worse than 44-100 since its turret buff.

You trade a good hullarmor for double the terrain resistance, a far better gun and a chunk of top speed.

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

I feel like this tank flew a little under the radar in the latest update. every single aspect of it except for Mobility was buffed. it's no longer blind, it no longer has insufficient ammo, it got an extra degree of gun depression giving it - 7, and although I haven't reviewed the armor model the notes said stronger turret and it's noticeably stronger in game. and the gun handling is massively improved both in aim time and in bloom. plus it got penetration increases on premium and standard rounds. tier 8 medium tanks are still completely meh, but now at least makes credits which you couldn't do before. and it's enjoyable to play being buffed up to the level you would expect for a regular matchmaking tank

The -7 is only at the front btw. It's like the M4 45 in that respect. I would rather play the 44-100 as @CarbonWard pointed out, which is more flexible in every possible way. Prior to Tier 8 MM getting fucked over the T54 mod 1's hull armour had a point. Now it doesn't.

Hull bounces some pretty good pen guns.  No doubt the 44-100 is better, but WG didn't give those away like they did the mod1!

34 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Hull bounces some pretty good pen guns.  No doubt the 44-100 is better, but WG didn't give those away like they did the mod1!

Wasn't the 44-100, not the Mod 1, released as a marathon tank? No idea about NA however