SchnitzelTruck

T54 Prototype

209 posts in this topic

Did anyone notice this in the 9.22 changes?

T-54 first prototype

Changed the engine power of the V-44 engine from 520 h.p. to 760 h.p.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update-922-common-test/

So, they give people a Type 59 for Christmas and then give the T-54 mod 1 over 40% more power-to-weight than it. LOL

If only there were a mod around to fix it. ;)

As for the engine boost, it's just manifesting Russians YOLO'ing even faster than normal on the test server.

So would you recomend it now after the buffs? I need some russian crew trainer, I have the T-34-85M but it has the extra radioman, so I'm thinking about T-54 mod 1. Is it worth the money now or should I rather wait fot T-44-100 to show up during some special "sale"? 

I think the T-44-100 is still a bit better, especially in matches where you are low tier, since the better mobility is worth more than the slightly better armour on the mod1.

The problem with the T-44-100 is that it is ridiculously more expensive, because it was introduced as a marathon reward first.

So from a value for money perspective the mod1 is far superior in my opinion and now the mobility is also sufficient in higher tiered matches, and when you are top tier the bullying is really nice through the great armour on T8.

So I'd wait for a sale on the mod1 and get it then if I where you.

Right, that makes sense. I was about to leave it and wait for some discounts but WG proably heard my thoughs and I just had a pop-up in the game saying that thanks to some epic medal, I'm recieving one time 10% off something from the shop, lol... so I used it and bough the mod 1. Damn wg mindreaders...

i got it recently and im loving it, especially in the new Frontline mode where the armor can eat shots from almost all tanks while the gun puts up decent dpm driving around.

even decided to focus a bit on it in randoms for egoboost :)

shot_104.thumb.jpg.e0a2b62d7c841b5b8117202d10b210a8.jpg