Kolni

Micropositioning, show your awesome spots! Now compiled!

432 posts in this topic

I like how you noticed that you are using food on Cliff, so you replaced it with FE on Stalingrad :)

About Kewei spot on Cliff - do you try it only if you get a perfect spawn (on 2 line)? I always thought rushing the ramp at F3 is too risky...

Can confirm, I rushed that ramp on F3 from south despite having a bad spawn and racked the damages up in the T-54

Though it depends on enemy team composition, 2+ arty and I don't even try, or if they have a lot of fast mediums.

I use that last spot on Cliff from the north or the south almost everytime. Its great in the 50b because I can get off a quick cheap clip and run away before taking damage usually.

Also everyone knows about that el halluf spot.

I use all of those a lot, other than the Stalingrad spot. At the most, I pop off maybe one shot there before turning back to push them.

It relies too much on enemies stupidly exposing themselves and arty loves pre aiming it.

I also don't use the DrunkenRunt spot on Cliffs a lot unless there's 3 arty.

On Malinovka in my Bat, I actually rush over the hill into the bushes, then get behind the windmill. You need to be really fast though. They never see it coming.

On Siegrifed line you can rush to the bunker just before the middle line of the map from either side (E3/F3)  and sit behind it and spot the enemies getting into position for your team and get shots on their sides as well. Best done in standard, in encounter everyone spawns on the field and it's very hard to stay unspotted from that position.

This spot allows for great cover, mostly arty safe and some early shot opportunities onto whatever they have trying to peek or push through where I'm aiming, but people say it isn't working for them, but it has for me. Pls halp ^^

That's my go-to spot in stalingrad as well, can definitely work but you can get unlucky and no one from the other team goes there for you to shoot.

Edit: There's a mirror of the El-Haluf spot for the south spawn.

God, I love that El Halluf spot. I literally came when I saw it in a Poltto replay.

There's a similar one on the other side, but it's a bit more exposed. I did it in the Ob 140, and a decent amount of my hull was still sticking out. Still worth it, imo.

Poasting here to find the thread more easily. :3

Cliff E4 : can you do it right of the bat, or is it too dangerous if you don't have a good spawn in a fast tank ? when south spawn I often get side shots on North spawners going 4-5…

Gives me an idea to make a guide of where I go on many maps. Some I just wing it though.

Poasting here to find the thread more easily. :3

Cliff E4 : can you do it right of the bat, or is it too dangerous if you don't have a good spawn in a fast tank ? when south spawn I often get side shots on North spawners going 4-5…

I go E4 right away, in RU meds, hey tracking E hundos and constant peeking racks up damage pretty quickly

I would love to hear some spots for Siegfried line because my god am I bad at Siegfried line.

I would love to hear some spots for Siegfried line because my god am I bad at Siegfried line.

AFAIK jojack said in his thread to play either the 1 line from the south or the windows from the north but I literally have no clue, I just city

Yeah. Some spots are just extremely lethal. For example, I cum every time I get south spawn on westfield in a tank with great depression. D2/3 for days.

these are fantastic, more people post pictures please.

(followed)

Nothing special about this series.

Elhalluf spot is standard practice for most good players, redshire is known to any vision player, and the first cliff spot is far too high risk because all it takes is one enemy retard to force you to begin trading HP, even if it's in your favor, the other cliff spots are standard procedure

Elhalluf spot is standard practice for most good players, redshire is known to any vision player, and the first cliff spot is far too high risk because all it takes is one enemy retard to force you to begin trading HP, even if it's in your favor, the other cliff spots are standard procedure

That was close, we almost let the forum devolve into a place to share knowledge and learn new things. Wouldn't want anyone here to think we don't all obviously know everything already, thanks for clearing that up, every time...

These kinds of things are incredibly helpful for someone like me who just doesn't have as much map time as more experienced tankers. I'm still learning spots and lines of fire, keep it up :D

Lakeville, south spawn, with anything that isn't excruciatingly slow. Works great with any tank, but especially with ones that have really good camo, as you'll stay masked after firing.

c0pKlkW.jpg

South Coast, south spawn, with any under-tiered and slow heavy or TD. Can get shots on south flank, middle, and the north spawns' sniper perch. Climb up from J6.

zuNaVb9.jpg

Northwest, north spawn, any fast tank that's going to be going north anyway. More obvious than the others, but still isn't used enough. Has shots on everyone who moves down the 1, 2, and 3 lines along with a bush and hard cover.

rnuM8va.jpg

Don't have an image of it right now, but if you catch El Halluf from south spawn with no arty you can play the B2 ridge firing into A2 and lock down the heavies trying to cross into A1. I've done that in everything from the comet to the FCM to the 140. 

Sorry to burst your bubble there but everyone does not know this, it's a work in progress and I'm adding more spots as I think of them, you're saying the spots I showed are standard procedure, yeah maybe it is for you? But for everyone else? I doubt it. 

I didn't say either that I have veto, if you find my spots standard procedure, post some of yours that aren't, be constructive instead of negative.

Why are you assuming everyone knows those spots? There was a point where I was one of the best players on the server, and yet still I had no idea 3/4s of these spots were any good (or even existed, in the case of Stalingrad) before last week. There's enough ways to go about stomping pubs that it's completely possible a deep purple would never investigate some locations, let alone merely a "good" player.

This thread is gold, I've been stalking it hoping more people would post their spots so I can round out my map knowledge of the newer maps. Please, if you're any good at all and have a spot that isn't abused by everyone in pub matches already, please post it.

I will be writing SAT's tomorrow and celebrating my birthday (today) afterwards by getting ridiculously drunk so I'll try and do some more spots on sunday, maybe saturday night

Pls feel free to keep thread alive by posting your own spots, we could all use some more info

My Hidden Village favorite spot.

worldoftanks_2015_01_14_05_09_52_421.png

Being both arty safe and hull-down, it's the perfect spot for a Russian medium.

My Hidden Village favorite spot.

Being both arty safe and hull-down, it's the perfect spot for a Russian medium.

That doesn't look safe from a CGC...

Gives me an idea to make a guide of where I go on many maps. Some I just wing it though.

don't make scrubs better

show it to me tho :3

might post something soon™