Kolni

Micropositioning, show your awesome spots! Now compiled!

434 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Just picked up 5k+ spotting on Karelia

nRZY3N3.jpg

Nice one, bit kinda risky. If enemy light/med rushes to the C5 spot, you are screwed. They had T 49, RU, Type and M41...at least one of them should have done just that, instead of playing ghetto TDs. 4 lights in a game, srsly? They could have covered D4 as well.

However, in a typical setup of only one/no lights in enemy team, this is a sweet (and reasonably secure) spot.

4 hours ago, Felicius said:

Nice one, bit kinda risky. If enemy light/med rushes to the C5 spot, you are screwed. They had T 49, RU, Type and M41...at least one of them should have done just that, instead of playing ghetto TDs. 4 lights in a game, srsly? They could have covered D4 as well.

However, in a typical setup of only one/no lights in enemy team, this is a sweet (and reasonably secure) spot.

It was a risk I was willing to make. I was planning on doing an active only run, and low and behold... no one was there! Found a boosh, kemped boosh, got spotting

13 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

It was a risk I was willing to make. I was planning on doing an active only run, and low and behold... no one was there! Found a boosh, kemped boosh, got spotting

Lo and behold - just because

i like the bush on the other side but it seems like half the time my team can't kill a yolo tank that ends up behind and lights me.

I'd seriously consider dropping that bush as a whole, a team with a good medium will literally light you by proxy because playing there is the best spot on the entire map from the other spawn. 

There is another bush, it's more centered spotting the hill rather than the north though.

I'm wondering if anyone has found good spots that are primarily for the Swedish (requiring at least 12 degrees gun depression). There's one in particular on Erlenberg I like:

24c870z.jpg

Can get good turret breaks happening if people take the traditional spot to the left. Found a couple of others while derping around in the training room til the rando leo killed me, probably pretty limited utility though, or made redundant by other spots.

11akew3.jpg

iwmava.jpg

a2t7jc.jpg

I come back to the game and they've updated the maps. Anyone have some new favorite spots? 

A place for Northern spawn in the new Erlenburg to take potshots against heavies. Notice the enemy WZ hasn't advanced past the bridge:

2ut5mk1.jpg

You can adjust the angle (to shoot into different parts of the city) by hugging the hill near you. Enemies will be distracted by your teammate across the river. However, the distance is ~370m and you will potentially get spotted. Be opportunistic or drive a Swedish wedge.

From Southern spawn you can drive to outskirts of the central brawling complex and play similar angles to counter the meds on the 9 line hill.