Kolni

Micropositioning, show your awesome spots! Now compiled!

434 posts in this topic

Live Oaks:

3PSvkwW.jpg

Can get some early side shots from here, as well as being able to gauge how strong their city presence is as you can spot everyone who enters, however it can become redundant if someone decides to sit at the corner and wait till you peek again, it's also arty safe unless the clickers are at H/J0, though that's not particularly common (at least on SEA anyway).

Lakeville:

HjKZijX.jpg

Can get some early lights from here, and is a lot less risky than rushing the middle of that path as you can fall back + the soft cover is a lot better, I finished the first LT-15 in this bush, though it doesn't work every time, it's also very exposed once you're spotted.

Erlernberg:

Qg5REJQ.jpg

An excellent hull down spot for faster mediums, if you're in a fast tank and you crest the hill as soon as you get there you can usually get some early lights + shots on tanks in the open, it also seems to be mostly arty safe as I haven't been clicked while there, though you will still want to be careful, especially if there is a CGC.

Siegfried line:

7jQsXtb.jpg

This spot is a bit risky, as you are vulnerable to arty and people sniping from the bunkers, but you can get shots on people rushing the 1 line, as well as those camping at the bunkers if your team pushes, you and you can flex into the city or back to the base if you need to, it's especially good on encounter games as you can spot the heavies as the attempt to get into the city, which often results in them getting rekt by the snipers.

Redshire:

rt0lK13.jpg

It won't work if a scout gets to D7 before you get there as you'll get spotted, but otherwise you can scout the heavies as they go down into the river, and you can also get some juicy side shots without getting spotted (as long as there is no-one on the ridge) by camo-sniping them as they drive past the tress. The biggest downside is if you get spotted you will get rekt by the snipers on the ridge in the middle of the map.

EAyJjns.jpg

Lastly, if tanks peek past this side of the rock you can get easy LFP/side shots without being spotted because there are so many bushes/trees between you and them.

Lakeville, south spawn, with anything that isn't excruciatingly slow. Works great with any tank, but especially with ones that have really good camo, as you'll stay masked after firing.

c0pKlkW.jpg

That spot is fantastic. You can get a couple of good shots as a medium and get spotted as soon as they come around the corner (been doing it a lot with the T-34-85, especially on a Tier VI skirmish). Pubs don't realize they're getting shot from there so they don't blindfire the bush, they just sit and watch in horror how their HP slowly evaporates.

Live Oaks:

3PSvkwW.jpg

Lakeville:

[img= HjKZijX.jpg

I'd actually advise going a little to the left on Oaks, using that bump in the road to spot their heavies while crossing, get 2/3 shots off, then move onto your spot to conserve HP from arty or if the heavies go full retard and peek

Quick tip on lakeville, reverse into that bush, you risk nothing more except for a little depression for twice the acceleration

My Hidden Village favorite spot.

worldoftanks_2015_01_14_05_09_52_421.png

Being both arty safe and hull-down, it's the perfect spot for a Russian medium.

How the hell do I get up there?

Also my contribution. Might post more later.

Sand river - west

shot_043_zps1xw0eail.jpg

Great hull down spot especially in Russian mediums allowing you to basically own that entire corner.

Highway - South

shot_045_zps2mmcwkn7.jpg

I don't like going northwest since the style of fighting isn't really my type. This bush is great for getting spots on tanks entering city from edge. Also has some great shots into certain areas of the city and the middle. Very flexible. Can either enter city or GTFO into middle and north.

Lakeville - South

shot_046_zpsnpu9qjo8.jpg

Lakeville has a lot of spots. However, this is the winner by far for me. Relying on pubbies to spot crossers is dumb. Also, getting in a bush is risky as hell. If you get spotted here you probably will not take that much damage. (I have never taken over 800) Plus, easy early game farming. I usually don't get spotted also.

Kind of a shoddy picture:

(Fjords)FHPUwXu.jpg

I'm sure people already knew about the spot but I kinda came up with it on my own trying to think of new ways to get into people's faces and be aggressive. You can pretty reliably get up here before the enemy can do anything, and light/get shots on everybody to the south. Just have to be aware of how long you spend there, guys may eventually show up in the North from the hill, but its fairly easy to poke them a bit and hold them off.

Why are you assuming everyone knows those spots? 

Because the El Halluf spot is tremendously well-known (in a game on El Halluf, you will ALWAYS see at least one good player go there), the Redshire spot is basically a default scouting location (90% of all calls from north on that map involve "one batchat scout 9/0 from the d7 bush", and all the cliff locations have been covered by Kewei and Servios before.

Stuff like your lakeville or even south coast spots are not common knowledge and are worth a mention, but those first three spots are tremendously common, especially the El Halluf one.

This works from Erlenberg north spawn with anything fast. You are guaranteed to catch tanks out in the open from here and your team is usually willing to shoot whatever lights up. You can get more or less hull down at this spot as well, but with a lot of arty you might not want to linger there for too long.

ruv6FSl.jpg

BahsygR.jpg

My Hidden Village favorite spot.

worldoftanks_2015_01_14_05_09_52_421.png

Being both arty safe and hull-down, it's the perfect spot for a Russian medium.

How the hell do I get up there?

Holy mother of earth.. I've found it o.O

YjNoY6d.jpg?1

Up there you can go up the whole ridge line of the mountain (for what so ever reason)..

Malinovka. Good for hull down spotting and the eventual dash to the other side.

8SaYtZD.jpg

Siegfried Line. Good for hull down spotting. Very prone to being shot from the city

UlFgCnc.jpg

Northwest. You can climb up that ridge and shoot the tanks below or just drop down to escape

ElqaG12.jpg

Good for initial spots on targets moving on the hill or on the lower ground.

jVupvfh.jpg

Redshire. Good place to spot the heavy train at the start of the game. Also good for 1 ambush shot.

SL7ClLs.jpg

Fjords. Good for really fast tanks. You can spot nerds on the balcony and the heavy tonks going down south. Most of them will stop to take shots at you and that can be used to slow them down and give your heavies a better chance of reaching the southern peninsula corner.

yhZhONS.jpg

rTmi6C8.jpg

This is also good for spotting shit going to the balcony and the people who try to come around that corner.

TTfhQDI.jpg

Fiery Salient. Good initial spotting and shots, works from both spawns.

a96eeeW.jpg

Ensk. Initial spots and shots on people moving in the base.

lUR4PsW.jpg

South coast. Good for having shots in the early/mid game on multiple crossings. Also good for stopping people trying to push up the ramps to spot your base.

hJpJqpW.jpg

Malinovka turbonerd bush. Spot all the shit.

RHqU82D.jpg

That was close, we almost let the forum devolve into a place to share knowledge and learn new things. Wouldn't want anyone here to think we don't all obviously know everything already, thanks for clearing that up, every time...

These kinds of things are incredibly helpful for someone like me who just doesn't have as much map time as more experienced tankers. I'm still learning spots and lines of fire, keep it up :D

Lol

Holy mother of earth.. I've found it o.O

YjNoY6d.jpg?1

Up there you can go up the whole ridge line of the mountain (for what so ever reason)..

I got up there quite by accident in my M103 once. It was something of a revelation.

Malinovka turbonerd bush. Spot all the shit.

RHqU82D.jpg

route to get there unspotted?  from either spawn?

This works from Erlenberg north spawn with anything fast. You are guaranteed to catch tanks out in the open from here and your team is usually willing to shoot whatever lights up. You can get more or less hull down at this spot as well, but with a lot of arty you might not want to linger there for too long.

ruv6FSl.jpg

BahsygR.jpg

I tried that very spot the other night in the KV13 which I've started playing with....my one tank kept that whole area paralyzed for 5 minutes....had people above me trying to shoot me...people beLOW me trying to shoot me...arty trying to shoot me (was but one, fortunately) ....of course my people were afraid to push. Got 3 kills, tons damage, and most importantly, we won :thumbup:

(I assume you meant from the SOUTH spawn? At least, that's where I came from)---also, I screenied most of these, plunked them in a folder, very helpful thread)

I tried that very spot the other night in the KV13 which I've started playing with....my one tank kept that whole area paralyzed for 5 minutes....had people above me trying to shoot me...people beLOW me trying to shoot me...arty trying to shoot me (was but one, fortunately) ....of course my people were afraid to push. Got 3 kills, tons damage, and most importantly, we won :thumbup:

(I assume you meant from the SOUTH spawn? At least, that's where I came from)---also, I screenied most of these, plunked them in a folder, very helpful thread)

He started from the north spawn and confronted the enemy tanks coming from the south spawn.

He started from the north spawn and confronted the enemy tanks coming from the south spawn.

Odd...the one time I tried it I spawned south, got there lickity split, did well there. Wow...are there some spots that work form BOTH spawns? If I'm in the right tank, I'll try it from the north tonite

South Coast, Barks' spot from north

rJhvAiP.jpg

Wait fuck nevermind.

For anyone who doesn't know how to get there:

The Barks spot only works if you know where most of their tanks are, and you have support from base. Rushing in during the first minute is just a diceroll asking to get fucked. 

The Barks spot only works if you know where most of their tanks are, and you have support from base. Rushing in during the first minute is just a diceroll asking to get fucked. 

Most spots like that are a dice roll anyway Don't you remember Gandaran's spot at the castle on Erlenburg? Its either do 5-8k damage and wreck face or get shit stomped and rolled