Kolni

Micropositioning, show your awesome spots! Now compiled!

434 posts in this topic

This will probably be a whole thread by the time it is finished, but here is a start, positions+a small piece of info when they are useful (will be below the image in question)

PLEASE DO NOT BULLI GRAPHICS, I AM STILL GUD PLAYER.

Abbey:

This map is all about the center. I have won from a 1:8 handicap by just keeping center owned and killing tanks as they drive in the open.

sYREZqt.jpgFrom North spawn, this spot is very good after you have the center under control. Pubs love to push 7/8, and you can get side-shots into their turrets very easily. Just back off if you get spotted and they start looking, no point in taking extra hits. Good way to get a couple shells in if you from South and enemy decides to push.

WnM0RjB.jpg

In the same area, this is a really cheeky spot that you can get 1-2 shots into the rears of tanks if they decide to be aggressive. From south, also helps if they are camping back here, as you get more time to put shells in.

ecp5PJo.jpg

Very useful spot from the South if they have overrun 8 line, easy side shots as pubs yolo for cap circle.

pH5WicJ.jpg

Same thing as above, great way to get safe shots in if you lose 7/8.

vLgOJ9W.jpgSimilarly, you can shoot between the arches to get side shots in. This spot is a bit more exposed, especially if they still have arty left. However, you can also get really easy cap resets from here if you have the view range.

9MJWaO4.jpg

Reflection of above, easy side shots if you lose the 1/2 line. You will be unable to spot these on your own though, but there is usually a camping pub in B4/5 to spot them.

jDnOmS2.jpg

Different spot to get side shots in from South spawn, but you can also get cap resets from here. Also helps if they are pushing across the H line.

JXqm1ch.jpg

Used specifically for shooting into H3, simply move up to spot them, then move back until the bush de-transparents to get easy camo snipes. Good from South if they win 1/2.

7D6jiSj.jpg

Good for shooting into J line as pubs push for cap. Abuse bush for maximum safety, or if you have a hard-turret tank just sit there and spam shells.

JmrVO4P.jpg

Most people know about this already, but you can shoot through all 3 openings on the 2 line to unsuspecting tanks. Very easy way to get damage into heavies, esp if they get tracked out.

2cbDrmy.jpgGood from north spawn, as you can shoot any tanks that try and get into the hidey hole in the NE corner of G3. Also small potential to get side-turret shots depending on their positioning.

TKu6IPh.jpgGood aggressive spot from South, keeps you mostly safe from any of the base campers and allows for side shots into any tanks still sitting on the back slope of the hill into center. Stay dark before going here for maximum ambush potential.

1XLEuSl.jpg

Same as above, only from North. More exposed to base campers, so be sure to be aware of any TDs sitting in J4 before doing so.

Thanks for this, I've always really struggled with how to use the abbey in that map effectively and only knew of about half of the sight lines you presented, which I knew was really limiting the potential of the spot.

Also damn those are some really low graphics settings.

And weird I just reverified my account to SEA server but i'm still listed as a verified tanker NA and showing my NA stats v0v

So much neg...

I am the equalizer.

And bumping a really good thread, so quit fucking it up with negs.

Live oaks. I think it works? Lumberjack galore. Drive over the railway, knock the tree down. Hide behind the fallen tree. I think it works that way.

8oj9hUv.jpg

WEAf6ei.jpg

How the fuck did I never think of this…

Luna : nice Panzer Elite screenshots.

This will probably be a whole thread by the time it is finished, but here is a start, positions+a small piece of info when they are useful (will be below the image in question)

PLEASE DO NOT BULLI GRAPHICS, I AM STILL GUD PLAYER.

Jesus your graphics. I knew they were bad from some of your posts, but holy fuck.

Respect for your ability to play this game well increasing even further.

Also, nice post, was helpful, would love more <3

Airfield:

9HJONje.jpg

This is my favorite spot to rush to from East spawn. You can easily get 1-2 shots on unsuspecting mediums that rush up to the perch, and then safely back out.

8LC40Nu.jpg

Really nice spot if middle is uncontested, you can get many side shots into slow heavies as they go to the north brawl area. Exposed to the campers in D2, but as long as you only poke when dark or stay behind the ridge line cover you are safe.

MNF9M4b.jpg

East spawn, this is generally where you will brawl with opposing medium tanks trying to do the same as you. Doing a good job balancing out shutting them out while still doing damage to others yourself is key to get an advantage. Also easy shots on spawn campers.

VXnV0Se.jpg

If you have won the south, then here is a very safe spot to get shots into the E3/F4 field or the D2 camp ridge.

rM6DyRA.jpg

Now middle from west. This spot is pretty safe, and allows for cheeky shots into tanks that are sitting in the NE corner of E6. Helps gain a north advantage.

lby77Rm.jpg

Pretty much same location as above, but this time aiming at the enemy perch. This is the reason I dislike the perch from East, due to the amount of exposure you have to do for shots compared to West.

8SR9wjb.jpg

Same location again, this time shooting into E8/9. Strong early shots if middle is uncontested (beginning to see how important mid is?)

HKKv1uM.jpg

Western perch, shooting into middle. Lights love to run the ridgelines, you can get cheeky shots into them if they go too high, or side shots into tanks in middle that are occupied with their counterparts.

dVEql56.jpg

Aimed onto the bottom corner. If you are more agile (or have faster reflexes) than the tanks that like to sit there, you can get some easy damage before they learn the lesson. Also good if a blood-red tank decides that they want to rush the center road.

jJTFGSf.jpg

Aimed at the spawn campers, for some reason I always see ISU/704 or T95s just sitting there. Be aware of their positions (aka don't get shot), and shoot if they get lit.

0CkcjOo.jpg

If you lose the waterline, here is easily the best spot to defend from. Full coverage against their push, and lots of bushes and hard cover to keep you safe. This is why south really isn't that important.

QlzWddJ.jpg

If you lose north, unless the enemies are all low HP you are pretty much screwed. But abuse gun depression and get as many free shots in as possible until you have to bail off of the back end.

flu1BsO.jpg

Very good starting position from West, easy side-shots onto mediums going up to the perch, or heavies cresting to sit on the corner. Go for sprockets to track+damage.

ZmVDOqI.jpg

Aggressive spot from West, after you have cleaned up the far north corner feel free to start digging out their mediums and remaining heavies. Don't be afraid to back out and go around from the road just south if the mediums are too dug in or there are tanks in B/D 8 or B9/0 that can shoot you in the side.

peVBk4h.jpg

Mirror of previous, from East. Safer than other one due to camping B line being less popular. Also you can push around the D5 rock to get flank shots.

Regarding questions about graphics: I'm on a 4 year old laptop, with graphics being integrated with the CPU. HD 3000 series equate to approx. 512mb of a normal GPU of power. I can run it on low settings, but I get fps drops into the 10s during big fights, and the game simply isn't playable. Four's FPS pack (texture compression mod) gives me 30-40 most of the time, which is totally fine. All tanks have correct hitboxes, the only issue is sometimes ridges and hills are modeled slightly smaller than they actually are, so your aiming circle looks like it is in the distance when in reality it is right in front of your gun. And yes using these graphics I am still capable of a high level of the play. If anything, I prefer this because it takes out all of the useless frills and such (explosions, smoke, moving tracks, etc), and only leaves armor layouts, bushes/trees, and terrain/buildings. This game needs nothing more.

Some more spots where you can be an absolute dildosocket.

Murovanka. Turbonerd spotting bush, works from both spawns. Be careful of enemy scouts rushing the same spot.

wkdgbT9.jpg

Not only for scouts, also best starting/initial position for medium tank. Looks risky going that much forward but its good cover unless getting yolorushed by enemy meds/bats.

Airfield:

FWIW, I have almost never not seen a TD camping in that stupid B8 spot. Trying aggression on the north side will almost always result in being shot a lot from that back corner, in my experience. 

Certainly, if you count tanks and there is nothing that CAN be back there, go for it, it's a fantastic spot. But at least one retard will sit up there with no shots for 6+ minutes, just to have your side when you need to start a push.

Airfield:

9HJONje.jpg

This is my favorite spot to rush to from East spawn. You can easily get 1-2 shots on unsuspecting mediums that rush up to the perch, and then safely back out.

8LC40Nu.jpg

Really nice spot if middle is uncontested, you can get many side shots into slow heavies as they go to the north brawl area. Exposed to the campers in D2, but as long as you only poke when dark or stay behind the ridge line cover you are safe.

MNF9M4b.jpg

East spawn, this is generally where you will brawl with opposing medium tanks trying to do the same as you. Doing a good job balancing out shutting them out while still doing damage to others yourself is key to get an advantage. Also easy shots on spawn campers.

VXnV0Se.jpg

If you have won the south, then here is a very safe spot to get shots into the E3/F4 field or the D2 camp ridge.

rM6DyRA.jpg

Now middle from west. This spot is pretty safe, and allows for cheeky shots into tanks that are sitting in the NE corner of E6. Helps gain a north advantage.

lby77Rm.jpg

Pretty much same location as above, but this time aiming at the enemy perch. This is the reason I dislike the perch from East, due to the amount of exposure you have to do for shots compared to West.

8SR9wjb.jpg

Same location again, this time shooting into E8/9. Strong early shots if middle is uncontested (beginning to see how important mid is?)

HKKv1uM.jpg

Western perch, shooting into middle. Lights love to run the ridgelines, you can get cheeky shots into them if they go too high, or side shots into tanks in middle that are occupied with their counterparts.

dVEql56.jpg

Aimed onto the bottom corner. If you are more agile (or have faster reflexes) than the tanks that like to sit there, you can get some easy damage before they learn the lesson. Also good if a blood-red tank decides that they want to rush the center road.

jJTFGSf.jpg

Aimed at the spawn campers, for some reason I always see ISU/704 or T95s just sitting there. Be aware of their positions (aka don't get shot), and shoot if they get lit.

0CkcjOo.jpg

If you lose the waterline, here is easily the best spot to defend from. Full coverage against their push, and lots of bushes and hard cover to keep you safe. This is why south really isn't that important.

QlzWddJ.jpg

If you lose north, unless the enemies are all low HP you are pretty much screwed. But abuse gun depression and get as many free shots in as possible until you have to bail off of the back end.

flu1BsO.jpg

Very good starting position from West, easy side-shots onto mediums going up to the perch, or heavies cresting to sit on the corner. Go for sprockets to track+damage.

ZmVDOqI.jpg

Aggressive spot from West, after you have cleaned up the far north corner feel free to start digging out their mediums and remaining heavies. Don't be afraid to back out and go around from the road just south if the mediums are too dug in or there are tanks in B/D 8 that can shoot you in the side.

peVBk4h.jpg

Mirror of previous, from East. Safer than other one due to camping B line being less popular. Also you can push around the D5 rock to get flank shots.

Regarding questions about graphics: I'm on a 4 year old laptop, with graphics being integrated with the CPU. HD 3000 series equate to approx. 512mb of a normal GPU of power. I can run it on low settings, but I get fps drops into the 10s during big fights, and the game simply isn't playable. Four's FPS pack (texture compression mod) gives me 30-40 most of the time, which is totally fine. All tanks have correct hitboxes, the only issue is sometimes ridges and hills are modeled slightly smaller than they actually are, so your aiming circle looks like it is in the distance when in reality it is right in front of your gun. And yes using these graphics I am still capable of a high level of the play. If anything, I prefer this because it takes out all of the useless frills and such (explosions, smoke, moving tracks, etc), and only leaves armor layouts, bushes/trees, and terrain/buildings. This game needs nothing more.

Wow...you make me really appreciate my beast gaming computer. If i was going to have to run a game at those kind of settings i would have already uninstalled for good and never came back to it.

FWIW, I have almost never not seen a TD camping in that stupid B8 spot. Trying aggression on the north side will almost always result in being shot a lot from that back corner, in my experience. 

Certainly, if you count tanks and there is nothing that CAN be back there, go for it, it's a fantastic spot. But at least one retard will sit up there with no shots for 6+ minutes, just to have your side when you need to start a push.

I used to go there every match in my Leo 1, it is a really pain in the ass to deal with if someone is there. Really good for area denial. But yes, that corner is also very popular. I'll edit the picture.

What impresses me is that you're able to see surface elevation with that grind of graphics.

Thanks for the locations, knew only half of those.

FWIW, I have almost never not seen a TD camping in that stupid B8 spot.

I've seen a green top AMX 50B camp the whole game in B9.

We lost this one, surprisingly enough… But i guess he was happy farming some damage all the same.

My map knowledge (lol what map knowledge) has been massively improved by this thread thank you so much! My usual method involves driving down the usual "lines" that combat follows until I get shot, then hiding behind cover and shooting back until they're dead or I am.

Another airfield spot.

ziyWSdS.jpg

From there you can spot and shoot tanks driving out of spawn, and you can hit camping TDs at D2. You can also hit anybody moving up at G5. You can't be hit from E5, but you can hit them if you move a little forward. If you move a little back, you can hit anybody at J5/6. You can also cover part of their base.

Another airfield spot.

From there you can spot and shoot tanks driving out of spawn, and you can hit camping TDs at D2. You can also hit anybody moving up at G5. You can't be hit from E5, but you can hit them if you move a little forward. If you move a little back, you can hit anybody at J5/6. You can also cover part of their base.

The same sort of position is present from the west spawn too but you are a lot more exposed, funnily enough I haven't used the one from the eastern spawn much, I always tried it from further across to the right (in the picture) which is a risky business. But you can get some nice spots on the heavies moving across which is nice.

I find on airfield more often then not most super 5k+ unis still like to use that little ridge where the heavies brawl. Better for farming since you are extremely flexible on such a small space. I find the mid is good if the enemy is very heavy. Then you basically do what the hell you want in mid.

Yeah, it's usually always the ridge for me, at least in a med. I'll only go somewhere else when there are a couple people (or a platoonmate) there already. It's just too good of a spot.

Swamp. The Tardo Eduardo trap bush. Any blunt tool on the enemy team crossing the bridge will be spotted and shot.

UIaALny.jpg

This spot is for real; I missed 5k spotting damage for LT-15-2 by 104 damage more or less by sitting in this bush for an entire game. It can counterspot the balcony as well, which is very useful.

PS: if you spawn South, NEVER cross the river in the north east. There is a 99% chance that youll die. When you spawn north, NEVER cross the bridge in south west, for the same reason.

Crossing the bridge in SW from south spawn can work if you have a platoon of good brawlers and someone to keep the balcony clear by sniping from E1 or the south balcony, but it's usually better left till mid-game after you've cleared the SE side of the map and as much of the N ridge as possible.

A few more. I might do some training room groups to get more spots on more maps. At the moment im just screening occasional spots that are fairly unique and unused (based on what i see on EU) and most of them are for spotting and shooting for meds and lights. I could get some neat hulldown spots as well.

Mountain pass north spawn. You can spot people coming over the bridge and people on the bridge here. The taller the tank the more you see. If you fall back and go on the flat ground to the right of my current position, you can shoot across the bridge.

Ht2CrwU.jpg

Live oaks north spawn. Turbonerd bush. Less people expect tanks to be there and the bush is rarely preaimed (very rarely). Most people tunnel vision in snipe view at the bushes to the right.

AT8k9cy.jpg

Fjords. West spawn. The faster your tank the more you can spot. Good for ambushing TDs or mediums coming up there. You can also shoot stuff at A9 and B9 and if you start taking return fire from them, fall back behind the house, it will give you some protection while being destructible.

JI6fHOV.jpg

Crossing the bridge in SW from south spawn can work if you have a platoon of good brawlers and someone to keep the balcony clear by sniping from E1 or the south balcony, but it's usually better left till mid-game after you've cleared the SE side of the map and as much of the N ridge as possible.

Regardless of which spawn on swamp, during countdown I type "Left is Death - Right is Life" in chat. I'd like to think it influences at least one person to not cruise into certain death.

Regardless of which spawn on swamp, during countdown I type "Left is Death - Right is Life" in chat. I'd like to think it influences at least one person to not cruise into certain death.

wont work on EU.

A few more. I might do some training room groups to get more spots on more maps. At the moment im just screening occasional spots that are fairly unique and unused (based on what i see on EU) and most of them are for spotting and shooting for meds and lights. I could get some neat hulldown spots as well.

Please do, esp the hull down spots.  I just bought T32, and am working towards the IS-7.  I am realizing that I haven't learned any but the most obvious ones so far.  

Loxx, I'm definitely up for some training rooms to gather up some more spots, feel free to inv me

Need to gather some more spots now that I think of it

(I could probably use learning how the fuck you get up to where those spots are on some maps)

Oh well, two small ones that works almost all the time:

South Coast, south spawn

JG0GsL6.jpgAny fast tank can get here, it's usually good for countering anything trying to push the 0 line. Patience is key here, sometimes it takes a while for anything to come into your firing lane, and be sure to make sure nothing creeps up on you from behind, usually the terrain makes for decent cover even if you get spotted to prebent you from taking any real damage. A good move from here is usually to move along the upper ridge of the 8 line into their base once the 0 line is cleaned out. You will spot the ridge campers and make your tanks on the 0 line that you supported earlier to support you instead, be aware of any stragglers that might still be sniping from the D9 ridge onto you instead. 

Fishermans Bay, north spawn

8nQZ1wz.jpg

This spot is sex, you'll spot their heavies going into base, back up about 5m and then you can shoot them as well without getting spotted, works in both mediums and lights. You can easily win the city right here by proper spotting and having the right support from the start, singling out two tanks and killing them is totally doable and is almost always enough to net you an advantage. A play from here would probably be to either play the side of the middle ridge or take potshots down the city to make sure they win it. Be sure enemy mediums don't poke close to you, then you'll need to stop firing or back up.

Windstorm East Spawn. Pretty sure this spot is fairly well known, but I figured I'd post it anyway. This is my goto if I'm a lower tier medium/light. You can get shots into several different flanks, which I love, since on Windstorm, you're almost guaranteed to lose at least one flank. You can get shots on the people who rush B3, tanks who are crossing bridges in the city, and the entire center if you have gun depression/turret.

knafAxF.jpg

Windstorm East Spawn. Pretty sure this spot is fairly well known, but I figured I'd post it anyway. This is my goto if I'm a lower tier medium/light. You can get shots into several different flanks, which I love, since on Windstorm, you're almost guaranteed to lose at least one flank. You can get shots on the people who rush B3, tanks who are crossing bridges in the city, and the entire center if you have gun depression/turret.

I consider that a tomato spot, not very usable imho.

Damn you kolnidur for revealing that spot!