WaterWar

Tier XI to be introduced in WoT - modern tanks

31 posts in this topic

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/developer-diaries-modern-vehicles/

For a long time Tier X vehicles were considered the most dangerous vehicle-busters in the Random Battle mode and the top of the Tech Tree in World of Tanks. Now it is time to take the next step and expand the traditional horizons of the game. Meet the new modern vehicles!

Among the first Tier XI vehicles are the Russian T-90, the German Leopard 1A5, the American M1 Abrams, and the British Challenger 2. In the future, the vehicle roster will be gradually supplemented with new types of modern vehicles.

One of the main principles in organizing modern armoured forces is the vehicle unification. From this principle the idea of the main battle tank (MBT) appeared. MBTs are fit for completing quite a wide range of tasks, from fighting the enemy armoured vehicles to destroying fortifications.

Interesting that WG has decided to introduce modern tanks to WoT. Maybe it is an attempt to counter the AW develpment?

I dont know what to think about it myself. It will be hard to balance because of the modern penetration values and extremely thick armour when considering that any tier <X vehicle will not have 'modern' shells but mainly kinetic or HEAT rounds.

Here are some screenshots:

shot_119.jpg

shot_105.jpg

shot_098.jpg

0104_moderntanks_screenshot_02.jpg

April's fool :3.

I love how they put more effort in aprils fools jokes instead of truly working on the game.

I love how they put more effort in aprils fools jokes instead of truly working on the game.

Yeah, so nice of them to model in modern tanks while the game rots in many respects.

They also put out a tower defense browser game.

http://wotundead.com/

To be honest, it's pretty hard :/ Then again,how many hours did they work on this game to make it balanced :^)

April's fool :3

Look at the date

Look at my post. I have a little "aprils fools" hidden in light grey text at the bottom of my post. I am fully aware of the date ;)

That is also why this thread is in shenanigans and not "upcoming changes". I know how our forum works :3

Yeah, so nice of them to model in modern tanks while the game rots in many respects.

tbh they probably just made skin mods for tanks currently ingame to get the shots.

They do look sexeh though.

I like how the end of the video talks about tanks from the "far future," and some scifi thing with an over-and-under double barrel and some additional weapon pods rolls into the frame.

Please, please. When someone posts april fool jokes and you see right trough it, don't say anything.

Way more fun to see how many people you can genuinely trick into believing it.

Though, do want that 1A5 as a skin mod for the Leo 1...

Look at the date

I'd not be so sure, this one (http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/event-sky-traffic/) looks like the 1st of April real joke.

Considering AW next coming, I wouldn't be so sure they take MTBs as a joke...

I like how the end of the video talks about tanks from the "far future," and some scifi thing with an over-and-under double barrel and some additional weapon pods rolls into the frame.

Ironic that a great idea like this is dismissed as a joke, just like how WG wont consider modern tanks for wot.  They should be looking to be creative to compete with AW, split the game into era's 20-50s, modern and future where they can let their imaginations go wild.  But instead of countering the competition, the charlatans focus on milking the population as much as they can.

Please, please. When someone posts april fool jokes and you see right trough it, don't say anything.

Way more fun to see how many people you can genuinely trick into believing it.

Though, do want that 1A5 as a skin mod for the Leo 1...

Well, I got negged for my post - so clearly someone didn't like the Aprils fools joke even though it was quite obvious. D:

Also I like to leave hints so people aren't tricked. I am quite naive myself and nearly believed this announcement on the portal until I realised the date :P

-snip-

Fixed, btw i saw that something was wrong with the last part of your post, so just hovered about it and saw the hidden message. gg  :tongue: