ZXrage

The blend between Soviet and NATO: The 121B

187 posts in this topic

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/04/121b-tier-10-chinese-tank-on-supertest.html?

121B stats:

Tier: 10 MT

Hitpoints: 1950

Engine: 580 hp

Weight: 40 tons

Power-to-weight: 14,8 hp/t

Maximum speed: 50/20 km/h

Hull traverse: 50 deg/s

Turret traverse: 41,7 deg/s

Terrain resistance: 0,671/0,767/1,438

Viewrange: 400

Radio range: 782,1

Hull armor: 130/80/60

Turret armor: 240/160/60

Gun: 105mm L7

Damage: 390

Penetration: 261

ROF: 5,688

DPM: 2218,4

Reload: 10,548

Accuracy: 0,316

Aimtime: 2,11s

Depression: -5/+18

DPM too low

Sustained DPM is not a terribly important statistic. I mean, the FV4202 and M48 have more than the E-50 Ausf. M. The 430 has more than the 140, etc.

A 105mm L7 on a WarPac-style medium instead of the NATO mediums which all have some various issues could have potential.

I'd drive it, it would be another USA Med situation, where I never bought the tier 10, but instead just fluff the crew constantly in a variety of premiums! Plus it seems like an enjoyable combo, especially with 130 frontal plate and -5 depression. It looks really long though!

DPM will very likely be increased from supertest. I'm just wondering if it will catch on fire every other shot like the 907 gets ammo racked. I still really want this tank, should be fun to play a russian tank with 390 alpha without the terrible gun depression/handling of the regular 121.

It all come down to gun handling and DPM. Right now the latter is putrid. Put it in line with other Tier X meds and give it acceptable dispersion and it will be amazing.

The blurb about improved suspension and optics make it sound like the gun handling should decidedly non-Chinese.

It looks really long though!

The 121 has an extended chassis compared to the other similarly styled mediums. Not as bad as the 113, though, which looks like a Type 59 had a baby with a stretch limo.

Sustained DPM is not a terribly important statistic. 

So much this.  DPM is such a tank/scenario-dependent stat and even then, not that important. Yet it's always referenced in any tank discussion as some pivotal tank stat. People write off tanks because of a ~300 DPM difference from what they would prefer?  Give me a break. 

Sure, with a high RoF like a JT 8.8 or the British TD's that can't really do more than wiggle between shots if they want to get regular damage output it's relevant, but for high alpha tanks, most mediums, LTs etc. I rarely give it much weight in tank selection unless it is absurdly high or low. 

I would have liked to see this as a second t10 med for the Chinese tree. Type 69 -> Type 79 coming off the 34-2 or w/e

This tank seems already rly good, 130mm @ 60 deg (i assume 60) is 227 on flat ground, some side of back angles quickly bump it up to 250-260mm (which is a lot, after the supposed pen nerf)

Soft stats will make or break this tank though

ps: i have a tiny microscopic sliver of hope this thing replaces the worthless dog known as 113, perhaps Wz-121B as new tier 10 med and Wz-121 as tier 10 heavy? (who am i kidding, ofc WG will keep the 113, one tank has to be the biggest POS...)

So much this.  DPM is such a tank/scenario-dependent stat and even then, not that important. Yet it's always referenced in any tank discussion as some pivotal tank stat. People write off tanks because of a ~300 DPM difference from what they would prefer?  Give me a break. 

Sure, with a high RoF like a JT 8.8 or the British TD's that can't really do more than wiggle between shots if they want to get regular damage output it's relevant, but for high alpha tanks, most mediums, LTs etc. I rarely give it much weight in tank selection unless it is absurdly high or low. 

Uh, dpm is one of the most important stats a tank can have...

I mean, name 3 OP tanks with bad dpm? ANY OP tank has high or very high dpm, the exception are autoloaders, but even they (T57...) have often good dpm

(T29 comes to mind as OP and low dpm, same for pre-nerf hellcat, thats about it i think, KV-1s, (I)SU-152, Rhm, Tiger, KV3, KV5, T54, E50, E100, they all have (way) above average dpm, while most of the shitters tanks have bad dpm (SU-101,  Maus, Caern)

This tank is fake if anyone cares. They didn't get the L7 until the '80s.

edit: Just noticed it has a laser range finder, which indicates it might be the legit one from the '80s which would be lolzy if true.

edit2: If that's the case can the WZ-132 get the historical 105mm T83 and autoloader please.

High armor low profile, great gun control and the incoming penetration nerf will definitely make this a great pub tank even with the mediocre DPM.

My wildest dream has come true. The historically accurate L7 on the chinese med chassis.

Time to find a clan

Why settle for that when you can have the WZ-122:

20oQTC8.jpg

nKeKZUb.jpg

Sure it has a 120mm smoothbore but it wouldn't be the first Chinese smoothbore in the game.

You can even get a non-soviet style turret if you don't like 'em:

YB3clM0.jpg

This kind of OP tank has to be some kind of IM reward, or a CW reward if they nerf the bloom enough.

BTW I thought this was a troll thread at first. Who in their right minds would put the L7A1 on a russian stronk chassis?

This looks like a nice tank to compliment my 121 :)

Now the real question is when will the tank come into the game along with the penetration nerf?

It would also be really nice if the 113 got the historical 130mm Type 59. The WZ-111 has it so I see no reason the 113 shouldn't get it as well.