Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

3,879 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2017 at 9:09 PM, BiggieD61 said:

The Chapy is quite good in a division, trading long range radar for the smoke on Kutuzov.

I liked the chapy when i played it, but that was back when stealth fire was a thing,and the chapy was rather good at it (helped alot in the shit high tier open maps). Right now its a Kutuzov with radar and no smoke, with slightly better stealth, terrible turning circle, worse torps, worse AA and worse range... I would still rate the Kutuzov better even if it didnt have smoke.

WG should have buffed the chapy after the stealth fire nerf, one of the few ship to actually be hit hard by its removal (poor poor Blyska...)

I figured the Vampire mission would be easy to knock this weekend, boy was I wrong. 9 losses in a row with me being top in XP most of them or at least in the top 3 every match. Jesus this takes the fight out of me I might just finish it in co-op because the stupidity this weekend was hard because between the broadside sailing NCs and HE flinging Bismarcks it just crushed what little love I have left

Vampire is kind of a disappointment as well.  I mean sure, what kind of expectations can you have for a tier 3 anyway ....

14 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Vampire is kind of a disappointment as well.  I mean sure, what kind of expectations can you have for a tier 3 anyway ....

My only driving force in the game anymore is certain missions like this. I was excited for the RN BBs but I've found them meh at best, I'm looking forward to the French BBs because they look like they need some semblance of skill. Maybe that's the issue the easier the line the less I want to play it, I have the same issue with the KM BB line. I need a new game I just don't know what I want to play

8 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

My only driving force in the game anymore is certain missions like this. I was excited for the RN BBs but I've found them meh at best, I'm looking forward to the French BBs because they look like they need some semblance of skill. Maybe that's the issue the easier the line the less I want to play it, I have the same issue with the KM BB line. I need a new game I just don't know what I want to play

You might want to look at dreadnought. It is similar kind of game, but with giant space ships. There are a lot of youtubes about it, so you can take a look.

You should be doing the first three stages of the Vampire grind in co-op, you'll breeze through them there in an afternoon. Only the last stage needs to be done in random battles.

I knocked out the XP portion in 6 battles, all wins and ran every XP booster I had. I figure the damage mission I will do with the Langley in co-op since farming 50-60k each game is pretty easy and fast

Special shout out to the recent Colorado buff, just over 2 potential million damage blocked thanks to a Division of 2 KGV with a massive hard on for me. Only 100k damage done by me but resulted in a 5500 XP match thanks to first win, XP camo and flags

first game of the day, get left click by a brain dead 3-0-1 Saipan, doesnt get any hits, still detonate 

such a good addition to this game 10/10

UMWwRJ1.jpg

23 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

If you didn't have any

pretty sure im good on flags... i run them on tier 8+ DDs

c3yhjVO.png

its more the combo of left click dive bomber and no actual hits that triggered me.

I dunno why I play this game on the weekends, 11 games and only 4 wins. I keep saying I won't play on the weekends but here I am cursing myself

On 12/16/2017 at 11:44 PM, Psycodiver said:

I dunno why I play this game on the weekends, 11 games and only 4 wins. I keep saying I won't play on the weekends but here I am cursing myself

WoWs, its a hell of a drug

On 12/17/2017 at 1:44 AM, Psycodiver said:

Dont load MM monitor. It will cause you to uninstall. (Half of both teams have a  sub 45 percent win rate)

XVM is by far the worse thing I've seen in gaming, I wouldn't use that progress just because it would cause be to rage like I used to in WOT. I'm glad the official forum and Reddit page chastise anyone asking for it

You have to tab out to use it, so I don't normally except in high tier CV games. If the enemy CV has a lot of battles with good win rate, then I know I have to really pay attention to where his planes are. If he has a 43 percent winrate with 150 battles, I can pay more attention to the battle and not worry about the planes so much.

11 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

Neunberg with USSR secondaries and AA.

No inbuilt IFHE

Anyone else think that radar Edinburgh could be very strong this ranked season. 9km detection with 9km radar, great dpm vs DD, potential of 106k hp (vs the 66k of the atago) decent torps, water line citadel. If the DD's smoke you up into the cap, you have the lowest smoke fire detection range too.

10 hours ago, Crossfader said:

No inbuilt IFHE

Anyone else think that radar Edinburgh could be very strong this ranked season. 9km detection with 9km radar, great dpm vs DD, potential of 106k hp (vs the 66k of the atago) decent torps, water line citadel. If the DD's smoke you up into the cap, you have the lowest smoke fire detection range too.

LittleWhiteMouse says it has inbuild IFHE but not sure if true.

How is Edinburg AA, can it clean tier 8 cv planes? Not having own smoke is very risky especially end game after losing some of friendly dd's. Still, sounds very potential getting long duration radar near cap. But is Edinburg any better than New Orleans if not using smoke? Yes it has torps but NO can damage angled enemy BB's unlike Edinburg. Havent played NO since it got buffs(?).

Any idea if Kidd is coming sale again, I play mostly DD's in ranked and its really shit if have to trust on your own cv to provide air cover. Feels like AA spec Kidd can right away win games by denying enemy CV.

13 hours ago, Crossfader said:

No inbuilt IFHE

In the Ru Supertest files it had IFHE - need to wait for someone to datamine the client to confirm this though.

About Edinburgh - well, in higher ranks that may very well happen, in lower ranks it's everyone for himself and a Edin in the open can be a onehit for NC or Amagi regardless of angle.