Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

3,798 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Crossfader said:

No inbuilt IFHE

Anyone else think that radar Edinburgh could be very strong this ranked season. 9km detection with 9km radar, great dpm vs DD, potential of 106k hp (vs the 66k of the atago) decent torps, water line citadel. If the DD's smoke you up into the cap, you have the lowest smoke fire detection range too.

The biggest issue with all RN CL's if you dont have smoke is the lack of armor and the relatively high freeboard. Early game a DD smoking you would work, but by tier 8 a lot of players are good at shooting into smoke. Also, if you are forced to engage anything at or near full health, you are at a disadvantage. The AA on the Edinburgh is very good however, so it is worth a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a cruiser on cruiser fight, I think the NO is the best choice because 9.1km detection and 9km radar along with those 203s. How the will play out in rank will be interesting. I have my NC, Bismarck and Amagi ready, I might buy back my Mahan depending on the meta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is T8, so you mean Benson. I like the French CA. It has speed, def fire, plane. It can get Hydro. Kutozov os good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

This is T8, so you mean Benson. I like the French CA. It has speed, def fire, plane. It can get Hydro. Kutozov os good too.

Haha your right, I rage sold the Mahan and for some reason thought it was T8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone get good loot from your boxes?  

 

I bought 5 of the megas, got flags....but first one was an Bama.  Worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, map381 said:

Anyone get good loot from your boxes?  

 

I bought 5 of the megas, got flags....but first one was an Bama.  Worth it

 

I'm waiting for our yearly gift cards my boss gives us, I plan to use it on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

In a cruiser on cruiser fight, I think the NO is the best choice because 9.1km detection and 9km radar along with those 203s.

NO can be burned down by any competently played light cruiser, and Atago can out heal the NO... unless you get the jump on them while they are broadside, or they are just plain potato and give your broadside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

NO can be burned down by any competently played light cruiser, and Atago can out heal the NO... unless you get the jump on them while they are broadside, or they are just plain potato and give your broadside.

So basically 95% of the player base in this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

So basically 95% of the player base in this game?

yeah...... but they drive BB's, which dont have cits, so you cant punish them while they rape you by ignoring your perfect angling because LOL, overmatch bitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a really lucky loot box experience. I spent all of $12 and got a DeGrasse, KII, 20 winter camo and 100 50% xp flags. I am happy.:gachi::gachi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 20 of the $3 boxes and 20 of the $1 boxes and got an Ohotnik, Kutozov, Perth and Mutsu for ships. Got 30K free xp, roughly 6K in doubloons and a wide assortment of camo and flags. Pretty decent result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought 5 of the largest boxes. Got Alabama, 180 days of prem, and some economy flags and camos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premium time seems to be more rare than getting a ship, so congrats on getting 180 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought 5 medium and 6 small boxes and was pretty let down:

 

50 - 50% XP Commander flags

50 - 333% free XP flags

50 - 50% XP glad

40 - Frosty Fir Tree camo

2000 Gold

10,000 Free XP

Okhotnik w/ 10 point captain (which I'll probably sell later cause I can't see me using it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought two of the smallest boxes, Mutsu and Zulu flags x50

For $4, I'll take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I bought 5 medium and 6 small boxes and was pretty let down:

 

50 - 50% XP Commander flags

50 - 333% free XP flags

50 - 50% XP glad

40 - Frosty Fir Tree camo

2000 Gold

10,000 Free XP

Okhotnik w/ 10 point captain (which I'll probably sell later cause I can't see me using it)

Don't sell your prems.  If you have them, and win one in the future, you get the gold equivalent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, map381 said:

Don't sell your prems.  If you have them, and win one in the future, you get the gold equivalent

This plus a lot of times if there is a special crate event it checks to see what's in your port and re-rolls for a different ship. This happened to me twice this event with the medium boxes probably because I already had the Leningrad and Scharnhorst. Got the Ohotnik which is meh and a Perth, which is fun, but hardly OP but also got a Kutozov which by itself is worth the $47 I paid for the 20 x $3. Everything else I got is just gravy at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, map381 said:

Don't sell your prems.  If you have them, and win one in the future, you get the gold equivalent

Not this year, they changed it so if you win the same ship it just changes to a different premium you don't already own. I'm probably going to sell it after the event is over is what I meant, I might keep it also because I don't really need the credits either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Psycodiver said:

Not this year, they changed it so if you win the same ship it just changes to a different premium you don't already own. I'm probably going to sell it after the event is over is what I meant, I might keep it also because I don't really need the credits either

So look at it as a long term investment.  You already have it, so if these rules apply later, you get a different one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno why but the last couple days I'm getting allot of people asking me to join their clans, kinda annoying. A couple mentioned my stats which makes me feel like that's all their interested in lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Year of CVs is almost over, do we get their rework in those last few days? Will wg shock us all? What'll be the next year theme? Competence? So many questions, so little answers. :kappa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I dunno why but the last couple days I'm getting allot of people asking me to join their clans, kinda annoying. A couple mentioned my stats which makes me feel like that's all their interested in lol

PM sent!

 

 

 

 

 

 

LOL - it kills me to watch the follow up posts on the WoWs forum in the "Looking for Clan" sub-forum.  It's always the same 6-7 horribad clans that go after any new player like a dog for it's favorite chew toy.  They make no effort to explain why they think you might be a good fit, or what they have to offer you in the actual body of their reply, just the robotic "PM sent!"  The most egregious clan is TSG4 - whose commander, Nocona, has a whopping 44.82% win rate over his 6950 battles.  They have 3 other sub clans, each with similarly pedestrian members.  It's set up in some pseudo military style, where people earn navy ranks in the clan by posting proof of completing clan objectives ... ugh.  It takes all types I guess.  I'd join a Wolf clan before I had to submit to a "port" inspection ..lol.  Thankfully MntRunner let me into RUST when the clans first started forming, it was the perfect fit for me ( not sure how well it went for them  ).  We just went through a situation where we had a guy that had all the right stats, and played well in Clan Battles, but he was a shit stirrer.  Slowly but surely he drove 2-3 members out by being just annoying enough to make them not like hanging out there anymore.  That was a little wake up call to the leadership, stats are nice and certain minimums have to be hit, but most people can grow by playing around other good players, so if a guy has the right personality make up for the clan, it's just as important as his starting skill level.

 

Good luck Pyscodiver, you will eventually find a good fit clan, if you are even looking for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Good luck Pyscodiver, you will eventually find a good fit clan, if you are even looking for one.

I'm not really looking for one, I just don't care enough to play with others since my time in the game is pretty random. It's just funny cause I feel objectified because I stats are decent, they want me cause of my stats not me lmao, damn I feel like some of the women I've dated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 6:26 PM, Psycodiver said:

Not this year, they changed it so if you win the same ship it just changes to a different premium you don't already own.

This is mostly but not totally true...

Each sort of crate features three ships as regular drops with different likelyhoods. For instance the middle crates (red ones) feature the Okthotnik (or whatever), Leningrad and Scharnhorst. If you get one of these, they drop directly from the crate. You can get one of these as a double drop (likely the O as it is by far the most common drop) and then it is replaced by Doubls.

BUT you also have a tiny chance at a random Ship Super Container. In this case you will always get a ship that you do not already own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.