Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

3,878 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I'm not really looking for one, I just don't care enough to play with others since my time in the game is pretty random. It's just funny cause I feel objectified because I stats are decent, they want me cause of my stats not me lmao, damn I feel like some of the women I've dated

Your ability to be a good player is both a direct result of your physical and your mental abilities. They might want your stats, but those wouldn't exist if you were a vegetable playing one-handed.

9 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I'm not really looking for one, I just don't care enough to play with others since my time in the game is pretty random. It's just funny cause I feel objectified because I stats are decent, they want me cause of my stats not me lmao, damn I feel like some of the women I've dated

Psycodriver,

We have a friends and family clan if you want some tags to avoid getting random invites. We are trying to build it up with active people, but at this point there is no need to feel obligated for divisions and other clan activities. Although we have plenty of people to division with if you choose.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:03 PM, Psycodiver said:

I dunno why but the last couple days I'm getting allot of people asking me to join their clans, kinda annoying. A couple mentioned my stats which makes me feel like that's all their interested in lol

do like me, make a clan just for yourself... it was like that for me in WoT, 2-3 pm's per day on the weekends.

On 12/27/2017 at 0:24 AM, Psycodiver said:

Playing this game in a division of 2 or 3 players, all at good skill levels makes it a lot more enjoyable and relaxing.  The competitive clan battles  are certainly something worth doing, but 90% of your time in game is going to be derping around and grinding lines.  Having a bigger Discord base of players on-line is going to lead to a better overall experience for those clan members, especially if they are all above a certain minimum skill level.  3/4 of my battles are solo, and my solo win rate is a respectable 54% overall running at 59% over the last 60 days.  I play a lot more divisions since joing RUST and my combined 2 and 3 man division win rate is 60.2% with it being 66.2% over the last 60 days.  I am easily running a 6% higher win rate just from divisioning with similar and slightly higher and lower skilled players.  That is about the best reason I can think of to join a clan, because winning more and with your buddies is a far more enjoyable usage of my entertainment time.  I work an evening shift 4 days a week, so the bulk of my time is gaming in the mornings and on weekends - I still have the second most Oil generated for my clan at 5,110 barrels - so I am still contributing to the clan even with my weird schedule.

If you ever want to division with a bunch of the guys from this sub-forum ( @MntRunner, @cheereereerios, @Rodrigopine, @Jarkorsis, @How_Terrible, @map381, @yoyoya2, @TheHolySpork, @ncc81701, @Shadowfury, @MaxL_1023 are all currently in RUST )  just PM me for a Discord link and hop on in, we love having the non-psychotic wotlabbers to division with us, and you would be playing with guys right at or above your current skill level.

14 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Playing this game in a division

Hm, not for me. CW were funny sometimes, but whenever I play division in randoms I try to coordinate and call for my team, getting into the CW mindset and then it all falls to shambles bc the other teammates are still  stupid more often than not and my own game suffers from lack of attention.

That said had my second game in the HueHue (PA Fletcher) yesterday and we stood 3 (tier IXs) vs 7 (tier IXs and Xs) and won. My two teammates were in a division and also Typhoons (clan SOFA), was a really great game.

And yes, the HueHue is awesome - the torps are insane, BBs and Cruisers have basically no time to react at all which makes up for the inability to hit Dds in smoke. Not sure wether I will keep it though, it remains to be seen if I am really able to hit way more torps than in the Fletcher and if not the Fletcher is simply better.

Also I need the Captain for the YueJang which I will definetely buy/keep as it is the stealthiest DD at tier X.

3 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

whenever I play division in randoms I try to coordinate and call for my team

That's what divisions are for. To coordinate and have a strategy with other players. Pubbies usually don't do that, they'll go whatever direction best suites them except the one that works best for the team.

I've been having a good time this week with the game, I found out stacking XP flags will also help with your Free XP gains since its calculated after XP modifiers are in place, I grinded over 100k Free XP in 3-4 days, sitting at around 215k right now and will hopefully be around 250k by the time my premium time ends in 3 days, problem is all my special XP bonus flags are used up except my 50% XP and 300% FXP flags. I've been averaging 2000-2500 FXP every win right now, when I had all my special flags I was earning 4-5k per win lol

On 12/30/2017 at 10:37 PM, Psycodiver said:

I've been having a good time this week with the game, I found out stacking XP flags will also help with your Free XP gains since its calculated after XP modifiers are in place, I grinded over 100k Free XP in 3-4 days, sitting at around 215k right now and will hopefully be around 250k by the time my premium time ends in 3 days, problem is all my special XP bonus flags are used up except my 50% XP and 300% FXP flags. I've been averaging 2000-2500 FXP every win right now, when I had all my special flags I was earning 4-5k per win lol

Musashi might cost 920,000 free exp, so yeah get the Missouri or dont bother, in my opinion

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

Musashi might cost 920,000 free exp, so yeah get the Missouri or dont bother, in my opinion

I have the Missouri, and have no intention of getting the Musashi. Once you have one ungodly effective printing press there really isn't a point to grind / paying your way to another.

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

I'm going after the Nelson actually, more my style honestly

I'm also going for the Nelson. Even though I have the Hood. And the Scharnhorst. And soon to the DoY.

I think I may have a problem. Help.

And I'm playing coop (not scenarios), so I can't even go after anything really. In other news: bot cruisers learned to switch ammo a patch or two ago. How are they worse than humans again?

8 hours ago, orzel286 said:

And I'm playing coop (not scenarios), so I can't even go after anything really. In other news: bot cruisers learned to switch ammo a patch or two ago. How are they worse than humans again?

They've also learned not to go for the ram at all times, or even hold back. If they could just mount camo and stay in their smoke, I would probably prefer bot_3 in ranked over some of the human teammates...

6 hours ago, cheereereerios said:

They've also learned not to go for the ram at all times, or even hold back. If they could just mount camo and stay in their smoke, I would probably prefer bot_3 in ranked over some of the human teammates...

And if they played the objectives (stayed in caps intentionally not by beaching themselves by poor pathing) they would win A LOT more games. As for ramming - well, that depends from what I've seen, if a bot is high on hp and in something heavier than their target they would go for it and try to avoid otherwise.

Got both a radar module and hydro module in the AFTvent super containers.... pretty fucking sweet

Also the last missions for DoY are fucking retarted, like the first generation personal missions for the obj 260 retarded.

Got repair module in the first... Most useless, I guess, even smoke is usable on like two ships but imho repair is straight out worse than basic repair. Maybe WG will fix it someday.

2nd one was 50 restless fire which is pretty ok.

I got 50 50% captain XP and 50 300%fxp flags

They just fixed the 75000 XP mission in the doy mission this morning but no compensation for the lost day and with the current suicide torpedo meta everyone is adopting I'm done with this shit storm and taking a break

9 hours ago, Crossfader said:

Got both a radar module and hydro module in the AFTvent super containers.... pretty fucking sweet

Also the last missions for DoY are fucking retarted, like the first generation personal missions for the obj 260 retarded.

They want you to buy a T7 version of the Crispy Cream. It isn't good and not worth buying. If I don't get the DOY, it isnt a loss. I am going to purchase the premium camo on the Yamato. It is more cost effective for me than getting the Musashi which will be a bad earner on top of its other faults.

While the Duke of Yuck is certainly not a great ship t is also not terrible. Also the follow up mission gives you 4 tier Vi ship with a special camo and a very nice camo for the Scharnhorst.

So all in all probably worth it, but I hate these things anyways.

During these missions the salt level is hardly bearable towards the end. People chain matches in utter frustration and play like idiots to make their own doom and gloom mindset come true again and again.

So I hope WoWS will return to "normal" once these missions finally end.

Decided to try operations since I'm kinda burned out of the game thanks to the DoY campaign, it's pretty fun I wished I tried them sooner. It's easy to do well and the current one is really easy with the Scharnhorst

11 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Decided to try operations since I'm kinda burned out of the game thanks to the DoY campaign, it's pretty fun I wished I tried them sooner. It's easy to do well and the current one is really easy with the Scharnhorst

Operations are nice sometimes to just blow off some steam and not have to worry as much about brain dead teammates.

8 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

Operations are nice sometimes to just blow off some steam and not have to worry as much about brain dead teammates.

The bonuses are nice also 10k fxp and 24hrs premium time is pretty helpful

Just now, TouchFluffyTail said:

What the Roma camo should look like.

lhpCO4K.jpg

even like that i find it ugly as fuck... looks like a 2 year old found a black marker and went to town on it. The default game is gorgeous looking anyways

I have found the Roma to be... unequal in play. The range should be buffed to 20km, 18.1km is just plain dumb and the dispersion is very hit and miss, oh and getting 7 overpens on a broadside cruiser at 10km is really rewarding...............