Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

3,878 posts in this topic

Aoba just preps you for many of the characteristics of the rest of the line; Good concealment, shitty torpedo angles, tier for tier guns tend to have slightly less range than other cruisers. High HE alpha, slower reload and increased fire chance. (excl. mogami 155mm which gets high dpm instead of alpha) Basically you look for targets of opportunity to blap and if you start to get focused you drop into concealment or kite away.

Aoba just preps you for many of the characteristics of the rest of the line; Good concealment, shitty torpedo angles, tier for tier guns tend to have slightly less range than other cruisers. High HE alpha, slower reload and increased fire chance. Slow turrets are also a feature. (excl. mogami 155mm which gets high dpm instead of alpha) Basically you look for targets of opportunity to blap and if you start to get focused you drop into concealment or kite away.

Edited by Rodrigopine
addtl info

6 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Actually, Aoba has a decent reload. 5.5 rounds per minute, or 10.9 second reload. Her firepower issue is that she's only got 6 guns.

And also that maneuvering while firing isn't something she can readily do. Aoba used to be pretty good, but power creep has hit her hard over the last couple of years.

7 minutes ago, How_Terrible said:

And also that maneuvering while firing isn't something she can readily do. Aoba used to be pretty good, but power creep has hit her hard over the last couple of years.

Funnily enough. when the Furutaka got the DeFakto-Aoba upgrade, they gave her better stats than Aoba in that regard. o.O

4 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

Funnily enough. when the Furutaka got the DeFakto-Aoba upgrade, they gave her better stats than Aoba in that regard. o.O

Currently the Furutaka in its fully upgraded from would probably be a better tier 6 then the Aoba is.

5 minutes ago, How_Terrible said:

Currently the Furutaka in its fully upgraded from would probably be a better tier 6 then the Aoba is.

Due to the curious absence of Aoba from any balance-passes, I am kinda suspecting that they wanted to roll the ship completely into the T5-incarnation and introduce a different T6. Question is: "What would it be?" and I think they kinda dragged their feet and postponed that switch in perpetuity. Given you would want some progression, you could go for the Tone-class, which offers 8 guns and is a "sister-design" to Mogami, structurally similar, but 4 turrets in the front and the rear being relegated for a large hangar, as Tone was intended to be used as a scout-launcher and this is also why they don't really want to make it a techtree ship. Thus, they would need to conjure up some blueprint- or even fantasy-ship, which they do not really want to do either.

On a personal level, I would be very unhappy about a removal of Aoba. The ship got quite a prolific service-career both in reality and in my history with WoWS.

23 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

Oddly enough, we see that in most of the ships that have been around since the early days of beta. Wonder why.....

"finished" grinding the Hsienyang with 40k exp and i have to say it is by far the worse tier 8 USN DD, worse then then Benson by far and both premium DD's. I have also never been up tiered that much in a tier 8, like holly hell.

First game in the Chungmu, 129k damage in tier X, with only the torps research.... its feels good to be back in a good DD.

On 2/28/2018 at 10:07 AM, SoliDeoGloria said:

Oddly enough, we see that in most of the ships that have been around since the early days of beta. Wonder why.....

not really, some for sure, but the Montana is the go to BB for tournaments/ clans wars... Amagi and NC are still the best tier 8 BB's for ranked and in general, Des Memes is still very strong,  Zao was nerfed several times but is still very good. I think some tiers have suffered more (rip 5&6) then old ships. Gearing is still the best all round DD (rip shima) and Midway recently got buffs to stupid face roll levels.

Yamato has won me back this season thanks to its ability to annoy Hindis/Henris and their 30mm troll armor.

On 3/12/2018 at 9:47 PM, Crossfader said:

The tier 10s certainly weathered powercreep better than the mid tiers. Personally, I think it's because they were before everything had to have gimmicks. Des Moines also had that huge utility buff, when she first got heal, and again when she got radar.

I wonder if the ability to citadel RN battleships was intended or happens to be a bug.

It seems like most people ingame believe its the latter. Whats your opinion on this?

5 hours ago, LetsMakeTheMagic said:

intended or happens to be a bug.

Bug. Sub_Octavian said so. The change will be reverted BUT Sub also said that WG noted how many people liked the ability to punish broadsiding BBs more and will be looking into it.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:14 PM, Diatomix said:

This season sucks for dd mains

wat, 56sec radar plus hydro on every cruiser... how could it /s

OMG, tried to get some exp on my Akizuki over the weekend... HUGE MISTAKE.

That ship is unplayable right now...

If you detect a Cleveland while still on your way to the cap and he presses da buton the time you need in this piece of junk to turn around and get outside his radar range is utterly HUGE that you are lucky to make it out alive...

Switched to Missour, Amagi and Richelieu for 20 games - 3 Krakens, over 30 citadel hits overall and - with Richelieu - 3 solo caps :)

The problem of the AKizuki is that the effective range is around 13km - so you are almost always inside radar rage of something. And while that Gearing can just accel and weave when hit by an unfortunate radar, the AKi can't and usually eats massive damage.

So early game you can't cap and can't smoke fire and your torps at 10km range are also pretty much suicidal.

Mid game there is STILL too much radar and that leaves late game... Lol no. That ship needs a buff, just as Grozovoi.

On 6/6/2018 at 1:36 AM, Jaegaer said:

That ship needs a buff, just as Grozovoi.

she need  either 1/4 HE pen as standard or less air drag on shells so her effective range goes on alot.

Yes, the situations where you real DpM is close to your DpM on paper are simply too few. Lets see what the new ships of this line bring to the table, as of now it odesn't look very promising.