Garbad

Garbad reviews the AMX 30 1er

218 posts in this topic

So basicallino its a bastardino childerino of a typerino 61 and a Leopardino protorino but with all the gooderino qualitino of botherino?

So basically its a bastard child of a type 61 and a PTA but with all the good qualitiesnof both?

Basically its a clone of the PTA except better dpm, better depression, better armor, better sex appeal, and sexier accents.  Its a straight upgrade.

I love good bloom on tanks, so it's a no from me. But it looks like a solid tank.

Thanks Garbad, just what I was looking for, want to get it anyway cause it looks so sexy, but its nice to know its a good tank too.

Welp now I know I'm not getting a Lorraine first.

Not a bad looking tank.

Looks great from the front. 

But the mullet ruins the look.  

It should be a painless grind, if nothing else.  Although I'm told the AMX 30 is boring and worse than the Leo.

How do you compare it to the overall sexability and comfort of the M46 Patton? (My favorite tier 9 tank atm :D )

How do you compare it to the overall sexability and comfort of the M46 Patton? (My favorite tier 9 tank atm :D )

I would take this any day.  Better speed/camo, better pen (less apcr spam), and the bloom is not that huge of a liability given the reload.  Patton has good bloom, but otherwise is a shitter.

I would take this any day.  Better speed/camo, better pen (less apcr spam), and the bloom is not that huge of a liability given the reload.  Patton has good bloom, but unless running full APCR and Cola otherwise is a shitter when facing an assload of tier 10 TDs and HTs.

fixed

Can't wait to pick up the 30. The 30B doesn't interest me much, but a good 9 that fits the CDC/Leo 1 playstyle really draws me. I don't enjoy the Batchat at all so my frenchy crew needs a good home!

Gotta agree with the shell velocity. I was hitting completely unexpected shots at long range, felt like a rail gun.

My other comment would be around the mantlet, I was completely bullying other tier8/9s with troll bounces during brawls. Out of the 5 games I played I probably had about 8 really clutch bounces off my mantlet.

RIP Type 61, makes it completely obsolete since it is literally a straight upgrade except for bloom values.

Basically its a clone of the PTA except better dpm, better depression, better armor, better sex appeal, and sexier accents.  Its a straight upgrade.

The reports of HE are accurate I've been LOL spamming HE out of JPE lately and can confirm most HE rounds with 75+ penetration can cause severe problems. anything under cause the standard paper armor module damage that we're used to. The UFP is surprisingly trollish against british HESH from the L1A1 although RNG will be RNG from time to time.

What do the gun stats change to with the upgraded turret? Judging by the comments here, I assume that shitty 2.5s aim time goes down a fair bit?

Modules a problem on this?

S6xseCd.jpg?1

I have noticed the fuel tanks in mine burn quite often, I've had 3 fires in my first 20 games. With the 12% fire chance on the engine I assumed I would be able to run food without issue but its the fuel tanks that take all the hits so I will probably have to change to the auto extinguisher.

What do the gun stats change to with the upgraded turret? Judging by the comments here, I assume that shitty 2.5s aim time goes down a fair bit?

Aim time drops to 2.3s which is more manageable.

Can confirm shell velocity is insanely good. Only played 2 games so haven't been able to notice all that much else.

How does this compare to a gold spamming patton? seems to be fairly similar, does the patton gain anything over it for the loss of speed?