Rexxie

Quick Questions/Quick Answers

4,104 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, stagnate said:

Contact near to drowning.  I don't know how many seconds it is or if it considers if you pushed them on a slope that led to drowning.

i think you also get credit for pushing a tank of a cliff.

these are the "cool new features" that have almost zero game impact that they worked on.  Better than horns I guess, but they developed that also even if it didn't make the game.

I mean i wouldn't push cunt if he wasn't in 155 58 platoon. :serb:

Quick question about the 1000 game stat here at Wotlabs.
How does the program decide the number of games for the 1000 game stat? Sometimes it's 1015, sometimes 998, etc..
What triggers it to "rollover"?
I would have thought it would be a straight 1000 game stat. 
Not complaining at all, just curious.

On 12/07/2016 at 7:23 PM, Equanimity said:

Quick question about the 1000 game stat here at Wotlabs.
How does the program decide the number of games for the 1000 game stat? Sometimes it's 1015, sometimes 998, etc..
What triggers it to "rollover"?
I would have thought it would be a straight 1000 game stat. 
Not complaining at all, just curious.

Stat sites generate recent values by taking snapshots from the WoT public APIs and finding the difference between them. There's no actual recent data in the APIs, so the detail depends on the sample frequency. More samples means higher server load.

A second factor is that the account/info API isn't even updated per-battle (IIRC it's per session), so you can't get complete accuracy even in theory. Tanks/stats is updated per-battle but the load would be ridiculous.

152 or 122 on SU 152 ? I'm tempted to say 152, because with the 122, the tank looks like an inferior ISU 122 S, and because shooting 152mm HEAT is fun.

1 hour ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

152 or 122 on SU 152 ? I'm tempted to say 152, because with the 122, the tank looks like an inferior ISU 122 S, and because shooting 152mm HEAT is fun.

I ground through it using the 122mm back before sperm ammo - the extra penetration and accuracy made for a far more predictable gun, and the faster RoF wrecked a lot of targets who thought they had 20 seconds of safety between shots. (Just shooting into the ground was enough to encourage some targets to get brave and leave cover.)

Today, with 250 HEAT for mere credits, it would be hard to resist the big grin derp and vaporizing t5's. I'd probably keep both guns in the garage and switch between them depending on what kind of teams MM was dishing out that day.

2 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

I ground through it with about 50/50 HE/HEAT on the 152. Not as expensive as you'd think, and that alpha is ridiculous (but derpy as fuck).

Dumb question incoming...

I have an all girl crew in my recently purchased STB-1 bar the loader, now the girl crew come with Sisterhood as standard, will training up the Loader with BiA work ro do I need another girl crew member?

weird one ive noticed for some time but always assumed it was cause of a reticule mod but now im playing vanilla so i cant explain it away.

Its really noticeable on the t49 but when you stop moving to aim and you also stop your turret but your reticule doesnt shrink in any visible manner does it still shrink server side?

it does shrink if i move my mouse around then resettle, but sometimes it just appears to sit and stay at full bloom.

1 hour ago, Curo said:

weird one ive noticed for some time but always assumed it was cause of a reticule mod but now im playing vanilla so i cant explain it away.

Its really noticeable on the t49 but when you stop moving to aim and you also stop your turret but your reticule doesnt shrink in any visible manner does it still shrink server side?

it does shrink if i move my mouse around then resettle, but sometimes it just appears to sit and stay at full bloom.

Reticles have a max visual size, mostly noticable in sniper mode. If you exceed that max size, the reticle wont appear to shrink until it gets below the max visual size. It's still shrinking, you just can't see it. That's why you notice it mostly in the T49 - your reticle is huge.

8 minutes ago, astewart said:

Is there a way to change the viewpoint in a replay to another tank?

430m ammo rack of an M41 from an IS3 would make a glorious GIF if i can get the perspective...

For anyone who cares... Racked a WZ-111 earlier too

http://wotreplays.com/site/2876733#siegfried_line-astewart1802-is-3

No, though there are 3rd party mods that have a free cam like PMOD. 

3 minutes ago, astewart said:

I forgotted it was a thing. Apologies

Don't let it happen again. ( ò³ó) 

4 hours ago, astewart said:

Is there a way to change the viewpoint in a replay to another tank?

430m ammo rack of an M41 from an IS3 would make a glorious GIF if i can get the perspective...

For anyone who cares... Racked a WZ-111 earlier too

http://wotreplays.com/site/2876733#siegfried_line-astewart1802-is-3

My freecam goes crazy and zooms when tank arrives so this is all what I can give you.

M41

http://imgur.com/D6DTLFv

http://imgur.com/Ei4RI4F

WZ-111

http://imgur.com/AMPwJPG

http://imgur.com/XSyH22T

Where's spoiler in post tools?

2 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

Standard

That really helps...

59 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

I'm glad.