EricBrogar

IS2, Berlin cromwell etc.

294 posts in this topic

I will just leave this here:

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/04/new-premiums-on-ru-server.html

and

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/04/screenshots-of-new-tanks-with.html

If it is true that the cromwell and the IS2 are getting pref. MM. they might be really worth getting, imho.

Very unlikely, as WG previously stated that they're moving away from pref MM tanks.

Plus that Berlin IS-2 is straight-up superior to the Chinese IS-2 in many categories, so pref MM would be bullshit.

Same with that Cromwell and T-34-85.

Those would be way too op

IIRC Cromwell has dat 6 pdr though, which would mean excessive APCR @ T8. (not unlike A-43)

IIRC Cromwell has dat 6 pdr though, which would mean excessive APCR @ T8. (not unlike A-43)

Nope has the the 145 pen gun. just with a different visual model

Nope has the the 145 pen gun. just with a different visual model

Wat.

Wow and i thought WG stuck with what the Cromwell historically used (either the multi-purpose, ~98 pen 75mm or the 6 pdr)

It uses the Cromwells 75mm topgun with 145mm AP penetration.

/edit: too late :)

Wat.

Wow and i thought WG stuck with what the Cromwell historically used (either the multi-purpose, ~98 pen 75mm or the 6 pdr)

Yeah, they deliberately used different model.

Sounds like a good deal though, I'd love to have an IS-2 in my garage again.

Looking closely at it now...

Wow dat fictional AP ammo. It has what's essentially the short(ish) 75mm that you'd commonly see on the Excelsior, just with dat AP ammo (like T-44/85 on test server after buffs).

Either way, that IS-2 looks really interesting, because 100mm UFP @ 60 degrees vs 90mm on the Chinese IS-2 = LOL.

Looking closely at it now...

Wow dat fictional AP ammo. It has what's essentially the short(ish) 75mm that you'd commonly see on the Excelsior, just with dat AP ammo (like T-44/85 on test server after buffs).

Either way, that IS-2 looks really interesting, because 100mm UFP @ 60 degrees vs 90mm on the Chinese IS-2 = LOL.

There must be a downside with it. Something like: "ammorack everywhere!"

And don't forget about the APCR instead of HEAT ammo in that IS-2.

/edit: Подкалиберный = subcaliber = APCR

There's no way in hell those are sheltered. I was looking at the Rudy tank and the thing is basically no different than the T-34-85, if anything possibly a hair better. Well, if WG is about to go belly up, then yes, they could be sheltered.

Even if they aren't sheltered... wtf, why would they dump 4 special tanks at once at individual prices? This all seems very uncharacteristic of how they do things.

Already have the IS-6, IS-5 a clan reward tank, and now the IS-2 potentially a premium tank to buy?  How many premium higher tier Russian heavies does one need?  Oh, and the Object 260 of course for anyone lucky enough to get one of those.

There must be a downside with it. Something like: "ammorack everywhere!"

And don't forget about the APCR instead of HEAT ammo in that IS-2.

/edit: Подкалиберный = subcaliber = APCR

I actually prefer the 217 pen APCR, since it's more than adequate for most T8 targets + no spaced armor trololol.

Sure there's going to be the occ. E-75 rolling around the corner, but by then i'd be screwed either way, 250 pen HEAT or not.

This makes no sense considering the direction WG has been going.  Clearly we are missing something, they will be changed to reasonable tanks, or WG has taken a radical departure.

We have two options with this copy cat tanks.

1. They will follow the normal premium principles. Which means they should be worse than normal tanks. So here we could have some hidden or yet not shown stats which will fuck something up.

2. We get these tanks without noticeable nerfs like they did with the Fury Easy8. Basically the same tank but for money.

Anyhow. Nothing justify premium mm

So WG removes pref MM tanks from the game to avoid P2W, then immediately adds more pref MM tanks to the game that are either the same as their tech tree counterpart or better.

WG why

I should mention that all the stats not up on Rita's blog aren't going to make the tanks shown any worse. Once I get off work, I can post them if someone else hasn't already.

As Jesse said, I'm gonna lose my shit if those are actually sheltered, literally a better IS-2, with premium credits and XP bonuses, premium crew training, free biA crew AND sheltered MM? That is fucking chinese server levels of pay2win, WarGaming has done and is still doing a lot of shit but never have they gone all out p2w.

I'm gonna call bullshit on this.

I combed over all the stats on all these tanks on http://gamemodels3d.com... assuming their info is accurate every one of these is a clone or even arguably marginally better than the tank it's a clone of. The ISU is a marginally better ISU-152 with the 122mm, the Rudy is a marginally superior T-34-85, the IS-2 is an arguably better IS-2 (armor config seems a little better overall), the Cromwell B trades minor turret rotation bloom to get a significant mobility increase.

The possibilities are:

1. They've been hard core nerfed down since this data first showed.

2. Some one's yanking every one's chain.

3. The sheltered MM is an error, these have normal MM (most likely possibility).

4. WG feels like it's about to tank and is grabbing as much as possible on the way out (least likely).

5. WG finally said "fuck it, P2WLOL". Also unlikely.

If 3 (probably most likely), that still leaves several questions:

-These are straight up better than their clones, as was the 13 57. Has WG finally decided to make premiums just extra credit making versions of regular tanks? Isn't this a little P2W?

-Why all at once? They've generally being dropping these special tanks 1, 2 at a time tops. Is this a new revenue plan, to release clones like crazy for cash only? Paradoxically they seem fairly cheap compared to how they usually package this stuff.

If those two Rita posts are the only information we have so far about those tanks (has there been more information released?), then we might all be making the mistake of assuming that WG intends to sell those tanks outside of the RU cluster.

In many European countries May Day is a huge celebration. In America, I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of people wouldn't even know it was May 1st if their phones didn't tell them it was.

Maybe that's the troll. Never let the other 3 outside RU to drive the EU/NA servers insane with tank jelly while they only get the Cromwell. Would be a baffling move though, piss off all of EU/NA instead of making a metric shitton of money... oh, wait, this is starting to make sense now, that actually sounds like WG's preferred style of shooting themselves in the foot.

While seemingly baffling for American consumers, such a move would play into the reported rise in jingoism and passionate nationalism in Russia. We've already seen this same type of idiotic populist pandering at work in the absolutely fucktarded decision to release the Russian navy before the British in WoWS.