EricBrogar

IS2, Berlin cromwell etc.

294 posts in this topic

I used the 88 on the Tiger II for the entire grind and even used the 88 on the E75 for awhile until I could unlock the better gun with normal exp.

88 on E75 should never ever be used! Never!

I even teamkilled 88 users at the end of a battle if they survived. Stock tanks are shit don't make them even shittier and betray your team.

Indeed. Grinded my way through to the long 10,5 without using the short 10,5 once.

That's the advice given here, I followed that well.

I  have heard others say they sold off their regular tier T-34-85 once they bought the Rudy as Rudy is just better than the regular tree version -- is that the WG strategy?

"Money" has always been used in this game to replace "time" -- don't want to grind that horrible stock tank? use gold to free XP past it -- want a quicker overall grind, "buy" a premium account and boost your pace by 50%

Are they moving to a model where you can insert yourself into the tech tree at a certain tier as long as you buy a premium tnak that replaces the stock one?  IS2=IS, Bromwell=Cromwell, Rudy=T-34-85.

Is it a coincidence that you also get some gold with that tank?  Use 4000 gold to buy 100,000 XP to unlock the next tier tank? Boom, you're automatically at tier 7!

I put the Cromwell B crew in the Black Prince and wanted to get Sixth Sense before I move the crew to the Caernarvon, so I used the free XP to crew XP conversion. The commander had obviously BiA and was 54% into Sixth Sense. I set the conversion thingy to 100% and converted. Now he has BiA, Sixth Sense, and is 82% into repairs.  :O  WG and maths, a complicated relationship... 

I put the Cromwell B crew in the Black Prince and wanted to get Sixth Sense before I move the crew to the Caernarvon, so I used the free XP to crew XP conversion. The commander had obviously BiA and was 54% into Sixth Sense. I set the conversion thingy to 100% and converted. Now he has BiA, Sixth Sense, and is 82% into repairs.  :O  WG and maths, a complicated relationship... 

They failed to implement "zero skills" correctly, you spent enough free xp to train ordinary second skill from 54% to 100% but since it's actually a first skill, now you have 82% of repairs too

They failed to implement "zero skills" correctly, you spent enough free xp to train ordinary second skill from 54% to 100% but since it's actually a first skill, now you have 82% of repairs too

Yeah, I realized that. I just wanted to let you guys know so nobody spends thousands of free XP for absolutely nothing.

So gold retraining right now gets you a free skill essentially on top of the BiA they gave you for free?  Sweet.

Wait, so isn't in the same thing as the girl crews (2nd skill exp = 1st skill exp for a normal crew for example)or is there something bugged I don't know about?

Would guess just freexp-> crewxp calculator being bugged and not taking account special (girl-type) crew so it converts too much experience. No free lunch, just wastes your freexp too much? Right?

I  have heard others say they sold off their regular tier T-34-85 once they bought the Rudy as Rudy is just better than the regular tree version -- is that the WG strategy?

"Money" has always been used in this game to replace "time" -- don't want to grind that horrible stock tank? use gold to free XP past it -- want a quicker overall grind, "buy" a premium account and boost your pace by 50%

Are they moving to a model where you can insert yourself into the tech tree at a certain tier as long as you buy a premium tnak that replaces the stock one?  IS2=IS, Bromwell=Cromwell, Rudy=T-34-85.

Is it a coincidence that you also get some gold with that tank?  Use 4000 gold to buy 100,000 XP to unlock the next tier tank? Boom, you're automatically at tier 7!

You can't "unlock"  the next tank in the tree since the premiums are not in the tree. The gold is annoying, didn't want that but it's what they do... tanks come with huge gold packages, then a few months later with medium gold packages etc.

Would guess just freexp-> crewxp calculator being bugged and not taking account special (girl-type) crew so it converts too much experience. No free lunch, just wastes your freexp too much? Right?

Yes.

I think people are reading too much into WG's intent with these new tanks.

They're probably worried about AW.   A cheap - even profitable - way for them to get some extra player retention is to dangle out a deal that is expensive, but also too good to pass up.  Then people will feel the need to play to justify what they just spent.    People playing these Berlin tanks are people that are not playing AW beta instead.

The P2W aspect of these aren't so obnoxious as to be a problem, I think.   The tanks are good but not game breaking.

I think people are reading too much into WG's intent with these new tanks.

They're probably worried about AW.   A cheap - even profitable - way for them to get some extra player retention is to dangle out a deal that is expensive, but also too good to pass up.  Then people will feel the need to play to justify what they just spent.    People playing these Berlin tanks are people that are not playing AW beta instead.

The P2W aspect of these aren't so obnoxious as to be a problem, I think.   The tanks are good but not game breaking.

That's a really interesting way of looking at it that hadn't occurred to me.

There's probably some truth to it, but I'm still having a hard time seeing much more than a naked money grab.  Special Editions are cheap and easy to produce when it's just spun off an existing model.  Even the eSports branded 13 57 was at least something of a new model.  Frankly, the general lack of special hats, knives and such provided a kind of honesty was previously one of the attractions to me for WG products and I don't exactly like the way this is going especially with a P2W aspect no matter how slight.

They were $15 for the Cromwell and Rudy each on SEA and could be bought individually without a bundle, one of the few times being on SEA is a plus

That's a really interesting way of looking at it that hadn't occurred to me.

There's probably some truth to it, but I'm still having a hard time seeing much more than a naked money grab.  Special Editions are cheap and easy to produce when it's just spun off an existing model.  Even the eSports branded 13 57 was at least something of a new model.  Frankly, the general lack of special hats, knives and such provided a kind of honesty was previously one of the attractions to me for WG products and I don't exactly like the way this is going especially with a P2W aspect no matter how slight.

Also a good chunk of the value of the package comes from the uber crews. For the min-max CW types it may encourage them to buy these tanks so that they can have an even better T-62A crew -- for more casual types that have a decent stable of tanks/crews maybe it will spur them to grind new lines. Even if they are basically reskins of current tanks you just can't overlook the premium credit earning status. Means way more people can run food on their crom  and fire prem on both.

I'm pretty sure WG is scared as shit that AW will be a hit and they desperately want to bridge the gap with these toys until WoWS comes out and hopefully gives people a new thing to play.

(I bought the Cromwell + IS-2 packages and used the gold to get the AMX CDC as it fit my needs better so I guess I am among the sheep)

They were $15 for the Cromwell and Rudy each on SEA and could be bought individually without a bundle, one of the few times being on SEA is a plus

At the same time, you're on SEA.

At the same time, you're on SEA.

Yep, well you pay for everything.  Maybe not in money but you always pay in the end.