EricBrogar

IS2, Berlin cromwell etc.

294 posts in this topic

The Brits put the star on their tanks towards the end of the war to prevent allied friendly fire. I'm fairly certain this tank will use a UK crew.

Because British markers looked too much like swastikas for the allied forces? *sigh*

See the Dutch air force abandoning their orange (royal color) circle when fighting in the Pacific made sense... orange circle, red circle... let's just shoot and be safe... I get that but.. "let's shoot everything that doesn't have a star on" .... mweh

Because British markers looked too much like swastikas for the allied forces? *sigh*

See the Dutch air force abandoning their orange (royal color) circle when fighting in the Pacific made sense... orange circle, red circle... let's just shoot and be safe... I get that but.. "let's shoot everything that doesn't have a star on" .... mweh

I think you underestimate how common friendly fire mistakes were/are. Every little bit that helps is worth it.

If these Berlin tanks are the real deal and not some weird special event or something.

Whats the point of grinding trees?  I may as well just wait for the paid version of the tank with better stats to come out.

Hell screw it, just remove the trees and just sell all the tanks for real money, and the more money you spend the better the tank stats are.

I have a déjà vu right now. It could be a glitch in the matrix but hadn't we a similar case with the CDC? Everyone was hyped because of the leaked soft stats but the release version was different. Maybe this will be the same here.

For those hoping for a nerf, I should point out that unlike the CDC, there won't be a patch between now and its release for them to nerf it.

Goddamnit WG

If anything, it just served as a universal marking for western allies of the time.

This is why you should not just look at numbers.

On paper yes Cromwell appears to have worse side armor against HE and shit, but if you look at the armor model it has a huge-ass slab of 11mm spaced armor at almost all of both sides (which effectively nullifies ALL chances of HESH/HE penetrations)

For reference:

unii0nj.png

Someone should pay attention to what is written, and be more careful with their words. Never? Laughs, ever heard of the - "Three caliber rule"?  If the size of a gun is 3x times a given armors' thickness, it'll penetrate.  Besides why aim at the spaced armor, when a large section of non-spaced armor exists on the side hull below the turret? 

Separately, Wargaming Developers are rather well known for both changing (nerfing) vehicle statistics, game play mechanisms, and remodeling vehicles -- so what's might at first glance appear to be a great vehicle is, instead not.   That's the open question many of us have posed repeatedly, what is the catch?

What do not I have any real knowledge of, at this point in time? 

• Credit earning values
  • Base vehicle camo values

All that's been claimed by various sources is, that it'll have premium vehicle credit earnings.  Meanwhile nothing's been claimed about the base vehicle camo values.  Camo values can make or break, it's role as a 'hybrid light-medium scouting' vehicle found at tier 6.   The same can be said for 'maps' and their relative rotation frequency.  Wargaming gives no guarantee regarding maps, e.g. some have called  this the 'World of Corridors'.

Someone should pay attention to what is written, and be more careful with their words. Never? Laughs, ever heard of the - "Three caliber rule"?  If the size of a gun is 3x times a given armors' thickness, it'll penetrate.  Besides why aim at the spaced armor, when a large section of non-spaced armor exists on the side hull below the turret? 

Overmatch doesn't apply to HE, kappa.

And oh noes! The spaced armor doesn't cover the whole side, its possible to be penned by HE if you stop in front of the enemy sideways and let them aim in below your turret.

Who gives a fuck?

So am I the only one who noticed the 0 skill BIA ala sisters of steel perk?  Who gives a shit about the tanks, if anyone needs more Russian or Brit crewmembers and don't want to go through the trouble of the IM's then BAM!

Total P2W, just for that alone.

I have a déjà vu right now. It could be a glitch in the matrix but hadn't we a similar case with the CDC? Everyone was hyped because of the leaked soft stats but the release version was different. Maybe this will be the same here.

This would be my guess. I remember everyone saying there was NO WAY the CDC would get released with the stats it had.

For those hoping for a nerf, I should point out that unlike the CDC, there won't be a patch between now and its release for them to nerf it.

Goddamnit WG

This could be easily changed by a small micropatch. Those were pretty common lately.

This could be easily changed by a small micropatch. Those were pretty common lately.

As many micropatches as there have been, I do not recall WG ever making any buffs or nerfs during any of them.

Overmatch doesn't apply to HE, kappa.

And oh noes! The spaced armor doesn't cover the whole side, its possible to be penned by HE if you stop in front of the enemy sideways and let them aim in below your turret.

Who gives a fuck?

^^^

BTW, the Cromwell B prem model also has a part of its side armor @ 32mm. But at that point if you give the enemy enough time to aim in with HE in a cromwell you're doing it wrong.

Either way, it most definitely isn't going to get pref MM, i feel as if there was a translation error lost in the process.

also 10/10 Valan for negging the truth.

As many micropatches as there have been, I do not recall WG ever making any buffs or nerfs during any of them.

Indirectly nerfing m53/55 by fixing turret glitch :beard:

Update

- on Russian server, the special "premium" tanks (IS-2, ISU-122S, Cromwell Berlin and Rudy) were postponed for roughly a week, they will come out right before 9th of May

- contrary to previous reports, the new special tanks will not have limited MM (at least some).

Not surprisingly that some don't get limited mm. These tanks are to similar to normal tanks.

Delay could mean they fix / balance some stats. Or unlike with the E100, they just found out the models have a lot 0mm armor zones and they want to fix it first. :P

The Brits put the star on their tanks towards the end of the war to prevent allied friendly fire. I'm fairly certain this tank will use a UK crew.

Also this tank has Desert Rat markings on it -- if there are still unbelievers that this will be a  Brit tank.

I don't understand why it's not available in SEA. Why not offer them as well and get more profit?

Well, they're always getting bashed for money grabs, maybe they got tired of it.

- on Russian server, the special "premium" tanks (IS-2, ISU-122S, Cromwell Berlin and Rudy) were postponed for roughly a week, they will come out right before 9th of May

- contrary to previous reports, the new special tanks will not have limited MM (at least some). Standby for details.

Oh dear lord. In other words, they were about to SU-76i this shit and release tanks for sale without really looking at their stats, but caught themselves this time before exposing how horribly organized they are. They'll probably all get toned down on soft stats now before being sold. So no big changes, just WG having no idea wtf they're doing.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the ISU-122S is going to be the only one that gets pref-MM. 

Its the only one I can see it being somewhat justified for, though it is still better than the SU-152 with the 122mm gun

You couldn't begin to justify sheltered on any of them in their current form. Have the Cromwell use the gun it's actually using it'd make a good tier 6 sheltered, but that's the only possibility short of a massive overhaul. I doubt they'll do any sheltereds though, they want to stop releasing sheltered tanks.