StahlJager

~500k Gold stolen from OTTER's Treasury

527 posts in this topic

I view it as different perceptions about how to act on the internet. Most people I've encountered have a certain sense of honor and connection to their online identity, whereas most Plsgos are apathetic.

It's unfortunate that as a species we can turn off our ability to empathize once we're behind some anonymity. It's a testament to just how awful we can be. You may be enlightening us, but don't expect us to treat you any differently. If anything I've heard about PLSGO is true, you're deserving of your reputation, and the game is better off without you.

I didn't expect much better out of a 4chan clan anyways. The scum of the internet.

Cus that's a giant middle finger to all the people affected by previous instances of people doing this kind of shit.

Also then WG would have to police clan drama and figure out disputes, which would be a pain.

Of course, but this is just another reason why they should start. If they start policing it now, it'll stop happening. Even if previous victims aren't helped, it'll relieve them to know that something will be done to anyone who tries it in the future.

The way I see it, as soon as damage is done to clan/personal property (gold stolen, clanmembers kicked, account hacked, etc.) it should be WG's duty to correct things. As the owner of the game, they should be expected to service their customers. Shit like CR/D, where the worst offense is some slander, doesn't need policing.

If 95% of a group acts in a certain way then that's an observation. You can call me racist, but seeing as I don't discriminate against any one group you'd be incorrect.

As all you can give are anecdotal accounts, it's incredibly unlikely that you're pointing out an observation. Until you can prove through statistics that 95% of teens are shitters your claim holds little weight.

If 95% of a group acts in a certain way then that's an observation. You can call me racist, but seeing as I don't discriminate against any one group you'd be incorrect.

racism/ageism does not require discrimination friendo.   Are you just angry at teenagers cause buttmad about bulba :^)?

PLSGO's entering the forum simply brought those facts to light.

Not even close. Old CR/D never had pictures of anime girls of questionable clothing and age everywhere. "Care" or not, PLSGO made CR/D multiple times more cancerous(read, less fun) to read through than it had ever been. They are literally the equivalent of forum 42%ers, terrible at what they do, and confused when everyone hates them for it.

CR/D was always terrible, always beyond redemption. PLSGO's entering the forum simply brought those facts to light.

That's literally a gigantic load of shit. Explain how a massive shitload of anime and rampant shit-posting doesn't degrade the "terribleness" of CR/D.

PLSGO was offered a home out of charity after relations with NTR soured, with responsibility on both sides.  They were told they could stay as long as they were good houseguests.  Then they spent the next 6 months deliberately inflaming the entire CW community.

How un-self-aware do you need to be to not understand the results of that? They had no "right" to be there in the first place, it was a gift.  More than anything else, the TS drama confirms just how entitled that group is.  But it makes a convenient excuse to revel in OTTER's misfortune, so I'm sure we'll see it trotted out again and again without any understanding of how entitled it sounds.

Not even close. Old CR/D never had pictures of anime girls of questionable clothing and age everywhere. "Care" or not, PLSGO made CR/D multiple times more cancerous(read, less fun) to read through than it had ever been. They are literally the equivalent of forum 42%ers, terrible at what they do, and confused when everyone hates them for it.

That's literally a gigantic load of shit. Explain how a massive shitload of anime and rampant shit-posting doesn't degrade the "terribleness" of CR/D.

Please. CR/D was a circle jerk of "we're the best unicums on the server". It was irredeemable trash of ego.

It used to be two sides of ego bashing their heads together (with the occassional 40%er shitter getting mad while all the CR/D regulars trolled him) while now it's just the sinkers (the old guard I guess) and the memelord trolls.

You have to be delusional to think that CR/D was ever anything better than what it is now.

racism/ageism does not require discrimination friendo.   Are you just angry at teenagers cause buttmad about bulba :^)?

Well its not as if he doesnt have some reason to be salty.

It used to be two sides of ego bashing their heads together (with the occassional 40%er shitter getting mad while all the CR/D regulars trolled him)

That sounds better than what it's been since. At the very least, back then I didn't get nervous trying to read it in a public area.

PLSGO was offered a home out of charity after relations with NTR soured, with responsibility on both sides.  They were told they could stay as long as they were good houseguests.  Then they spent the next 6 months deliberately inflaming the entire CW community.

Because PLSGO wasn't already doing that beforehand.  I don't think it was conditional on "stop shitposting in cr/d goys."

I'd go one step further and ask why people bothered to stay there longer than one week in the first place. I can understand using it as a place to regroup and keep things going immediately after things turned unpleasant enough to leave NTR TS but I'm honestly surprised it took as long as it did for things to go nuclear.

Furries, goons, 4chan. Yeah, that will totally work out.

Are you sure you aren't mixing up people? Nutmeg tends not to post much, and when he does it's usually nothing like you describe it.

My bad then, i from what i heard i was lead to believe Duke nukem was the leader.

CRD was a stale shithole before PLSGO showed up, it simply became more in-your-face and obnoxious when they popped up. CRD was rarely golden.

Outside of Xpedience's post of "hands literally shaking" and Chair's great stuff, I cannot even think off the top of my head specific great CRD moments.

Lmao this has devolved and is now a bigger waste of time than going in off topic on the official forums.

Gratz guys.

That sounds better than what it's been since. At the very least, back then I didn't get nervous trying to read it in a public area.

Point taken, but it was still trash.

Lmao this has devolved and is now a bigger waste of time than going in off topic on the official forums.

Gratz guys.

And so has everything that has gone on related to this whole mess. What's your point?

I don't understand why WG refuses to do anything about these instances.

White collar crimes are a thing, and people get jailed for it. How on earth WG is not expected to govern these issues is beyond me. I would figure the amount of bad PR is staggering.

Because, really, OTTER asked for it and it's not WG's fault.

While there could be better controls over clan treasure, WG can't be held responsible for clan leadership incompetence.

-snip-

I don't know how that works out where you are Weesh, But in NYC it's very different. If you go to a group of teenagers in NYC and say, "Hey there are young kids around do you mind not doing that here?" they will respond with "Fuck you you don't tell me what to do, etc".  I tried tutoring for about a week, at which i was told i couldn't punish a female student because her parents had money and the school didn't want a lawsuit on their hands.

Why would i be buttmad about Bulba?

Racism Definition: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

Discrimination Definition: the practice of unfairly treating a person or group of people differently from other people or groups of people.

Yes it does.

Gratz guys.

plsgo arrived, rip thread

Please. CR/D was a circle jerk of "we're the best unicums on the server". It was irredeemable trash of ego.

It used to be two sides of ego bashing their heads together (with the occassional 40%er shitter getting mad while all the CR/D regulars trolled him) while now it's just the sinkers (the old guard I guess) and the memelord trolls.

You have to be delusional to think that CR/D was ever anything better than what it is now.

I can completely agree that watching a bunch of unicums ranting about their balloon-egos gets boring after awhile, but as of now it's a bunch of annoying anime and one-liners along the lines of, "ayyyy lmbo" and "lol." At the very least the bush-beating only got boring after awhile, whereas the anime and stupid one-liners provokes an "oh God, not this again" when it pops up. Whereas the end result is similar, the commencement has a big disparity.

How un-self-aware do you need to be to not understand the results of that? They had no "right" to be there in the first place, it was a gift.  More than anything else, the TS drama confirms just how entitled that group is.  But it makes a convenient excuse to revel in OTTER's misfortune, so I'm sure we'll see it trotted out again and again without any understanding of how entitled it sounds.

With hosting prices so cheap (hell I have a 50 person server that I just keep around), I don't get why they even had to sit on some one else's.  They should have just sucked up the cost and bought a 100 person server.

hurr durr, m-muh cherrypicked definition.

can't argue with that now can I?  Guess its not racist to believe all Mexicans are dumb and lazy cause that's not discrimination right? 

I can completely agree that watching a bunch of unicums ranting about their balloon-egos gets boring after awhile, but as of now it's a bunch of annoying anime and one-liners along the lines of, "ayyyy lmbo" and "lol." At the very least the bush-beating only got boring after awhile, whereas the anime and stupid one-liners provokes an "oh God, not this again" when it pops up. Whereas the end result is similar, the commencement has a big disparity.

Meh, CR/D was an old boys club with ever shifting posting requirements that was completely retarded.  Oooo, you have to hold land to post.  Oooo, you had to have gudfites with a respected clan to post.  Oooo, you had to participate in a war (when there were none to be found for years) to post.

It hardly ever involved the actual forum mission of diplo.  It was always off topic bullshit that didn't matter.  When I first got into CW, I expected true diplomacy to be going on.  No, it was always sophomoric.  It was always at the level of PLSGO mentality.  PLSGO just amplified it to 11.

can't argue with that now can I?  Guess its not racist to believe all Mexicans are dumb and lazy cause that's not discrimination right? 

TIL Mexican is a race. Oh wait... It's a nationality.

Yes can someone please bin this.

If you want this thread closed, there are better ways of indicating it.

Just asking to close it isn't as fun though.

I don't know how that works out where you are Weesh, But in NYC it's very different. If you go to a group of teenagers in NYC and say, "Hey there are young kids around do you mind not doing that here?" they will respond with "Fuck you you don't tell me what to do, etc".  I tried tutoring for about a week, at which i was told i couldn't punish a female student because her parents had money and the school didn't want a lawsuit on their hands.

I'll grant you that your sphere could conceivably be limited to entitled, disrespectful teens.

That is unfortunate, since the spheres I've lived in (Michigan, Texas, Alaska) have not been so broken.  

That said, NYC probably isn't a microcosm of the state of American teens.  Given that you called the group as a whole "entitled", is it fair to assume that most of the teens you interact with are wealthy?  That makes them even less representative.  

I'll grant you that your sphere could conceivably be limited to entitled, disrespectful teens.

That is unfortunate, since the spheres I've lived in (Michigan, Texas, Alaska) have not been so broken.  

That said, NYC probably isn't a microcosm of the state of American teens.  Given that you called the group as a whole "entitled", is it fair to assume that most of the teens you interact with are wealthy?  That makes them even less representative.  

I've worked with teen groups that would not be classified as wealthy and the result is the same. Like i said, it could simply be where I live, but where I live it would not be an understatement to say 95% of them are entitled.