Dukkerz

AMX 30B - Is it good?

93 posts in this topic

On 2016/6/27 at 4:55 PM, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

i thought it'd be faster.... it isn't... -_-, turns quicker than 30 proto tho.... kinda like how e-50m is faster in all ways than e-50, 30b is only faster in turning =(

It has a worse power-to-weight ratio than the 30p. And instead of having better terrain resistance to compensate like what the 140 and 62A have, it actually has worse terrain resistance than the 30p as well, because, uh, *reasons*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its arguably actually slower than 30P, while it has same useless armor and same gun. What the fuck is the point of 30b then (other than being really, really sexy)?

Guess we have new 113. Super lovely design but tank itself is crap. Expect 113 isnt actually crap anymore (and will get even better next patch)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's really sluggish for a tier X medium tank. WG and it's great unbalancing department strikes again. IMO if it had the same hp/ton as the 301er it's be leagues better. Not fast enough to rival the Leopard but at least it'll dust other meds. I didn't have high expectations but I've been really underwhelmed so far. Feels like a downgrade from the 301er, which is not what a tier X is supposed to feel like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think about the buff? Will the extra armor + dpm make it good despite the tumor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2017 at 7:49 AM, hazzgar said:

What do you think about the buff? Will the extra armor + dpm make it good despite the tumor?

I think there's two questions to consider:

- Is the AMX30B a straight up a decent tier 10 and no longer a turd? From the streamers I've asked so far I think so yes.

- Is the AMX30B (tier-for-tier) good enough such that you can safely sell your AMX30P? That I don't know.

 

I think its DPM might be good for 30v30 for flanking but the lack of pen might means it struggles even more at range. Though there's HEAT spam I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:49 AM, hazzgar said:

What do you think about the buff? Will the extra armor + dpm make it good despite the tumor?

After buff its basically an STB with amazing gun handling in exchange for 2 less gun dep and a tumor. Sounds pretty solid to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would the AMX 30B be any use in CW and the inevitable return of Ranked Battles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

would the AMX 30B be any use in CW and the inevitable return of Ranked Battles?

The STB-1 was really really really niche. With only 300 HEAT pen, though, I think the AMX30B will quite frankly be a terrible choice. 300 HEAT pen is not enough to contest the ubiquitous RU meds' turrets, and is positively useless against 113s which you generally see more and more of these days. I would not pick the 30B unless I was sure the enemy is truly bad @ the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fenxis said:

- Is the AMX30B (tier-for-tier) good enough such that you can safely sell your AMX30P? That I don't know.

Leo PTA has been the better tier 9 for ages in the support class. I really havent paid too much attention on the 30P buffs, but if they are inline with 30B's, its just a different looking Cent. 7/1.

 

I never really saw the appeal for the AMX 30P...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Leo PTA has been the better tier 9 for ages in the support class. I really havent paid too much attention on the 30P buffs, but if they are inline with 30B's, its just a different looking Cent. 7/1.

 

I never really saw the appeal for the AMX 30P...

I woudn't say for ages... it has had several rounds of buffs over the years. The 30P may be overrated but I've had enough troll bounces off of the gun mantle to appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fenxis said:

I woudn't say for ages... it has had several rounds of buffs over the years. The 30P may be overrated but I've had enough troll bounces off of the gun mantle to appreciate it.

"Ages" is pretty vague term yes. the gun mantlet.... that might be the only thing the current 30P has over the PTA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

"Ages" is pretty vague term yes. the gun mantlet.... that might be the only thing the current 30P has over the PTA.

Well the amx is slightly faster and has slightly more dpm in exchange for idiotic turret bloom.

 

I'm asking since on the current acc my only meds are CAX and BC25T with the AMX prot being researched. I wish I had a ruskie med

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sold mine a while ago. With this patch, I may need to get it back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a couple of streamers play with the new version, hory shit piece of shit. Awsome DPM, wasted of terrible aiming and retarded penetration. WG logic = every game has a billion broken superheavys let's nerf acc and pen on a paper med but give it some "turret armor".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nkrlz said:

 Awsome DPM, wasted of terrible aiming and retarded penetration. 

Wasn't that roughly what WG wanted from sandbox, but players didn't? And then they do it anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Wasn't that roughly what WG wanted from sandbox, but players didn't? And then they do it anyway...

Yup, but they crossed the "rubicon" long ago. The patriot, the chrysler, the defender, terrible P2W tanks, the removal of frontal weakspots + buffs to armor + nerfs to acc (forcing everyone to press 2), the bonds (to a lesser extent). WG knows it's killing the game they just want to milk it until they accidentally make another huge succes or can retire with as much money as possible.

As for the tank itself, it's just ANOTHER obvious credit sink, you must load full heat if you want to pen anything (248 apcr on a PAPER MED at the current tier X, hahahaha) and then bounce or miss 3/4 of your shots (i mean the 416 has 330 heat a tier VIII but the 30b is fine against Mice and Type 5s with 300).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change management one painful step at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ezz said:

Change management one painful step at a time.

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"To differentiate 30B from Leo 1" they say

Proceed to make this a STB-1 with better aim time, better bloom, better DPM, better max speed

Well done WG:trump:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.09.2017 at 2:15 AM, Nkrlz said:

I saw a couple of streamers play with the new version, hory shit piece of shit. Awsome DPM, wasted of terrible aiming and retarded penetration. WG logic = every game has a billion broken superheavys let's nerf acc and pen on a paper med but give it some "turret armor".

World of bounce. They really want to turn t10 into late game tier 2 games with 2 PZIIJs that are out of prem ammo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you Rubicon. Except we don't call it that anymore and instead of releasing it in one patch, we implement it one tank at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its pretty obvious that nobody at WG actually plays this game.  If they did they would realize how unfun missing/bouncing shot after fully aimed shot is.  The whole notion of the game has diverged so much from the original concept of a WWII tank game that its almost unrecognizable.  The last of the real heavy tanks dies with the IS-3 and M103 in the early 1950s.  WW3 would have been fought with thousands of M48s, T-62s, and Leopards killing each other from 1-2 kilometers away.  So yeah, Type 5 and Maus, sure totally viable and immune to AMX 30b - seems legit.

19276_900.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Armoured Warfare did one thing right, it was the aiming system. Assuming you aimed in, your shot would land where it was aimed at. The gun's accuracy and stabilization should mostly be a factor only for unaimed shots on the move. This would have worked perfectly with the WoT of old, where tanks had weakspots, even if their armor was tough otherwise. I really miss the times, when knowing weakspots actually made much more of a difference, unlike nowadays 2-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.09.2017 at 5:49 PM, Archaic_One said:

Its pretty obvious that nobody at WG actually plays this game.  If they did they would realize how unfun missing/bouncing shot after fully aimed shot is.  The whole notion of the game has diverged so much from the original concept of a WWII tank game that its almost unrecognizable.  The last of the real heavy tanks dies with the IS-3 and M103 in the early 1950s.  WW3 would have been fought with thousands of M48s, T-62s, and Leopards killing each other from 1-2 kilometers away.  So yeah, Type 5 and Maus, sure totally viable and immune to AMX 30b - seems legit.

 

That's not true. I actually have a friend at WG and he claims a big part of the team plays. That's not really the problem. When designing the game you often make cynical decisions anyway. It's the same as in my job. I work in movie distribution and people in my job are very bad at knowing what people really want despite most of us watching more movies than an average moviegoer. It's simple incompetence. I know it might get me into a flame war with some young enterpreneur idealists but 80-90% of every company workforce is either incompetent or demotivated by the incompetence of the rest. That's not the case for companies that are growing and present new challenges in front of its workforce but WG is not such a company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.