GamerDaPro

The Official Unofficial 13 57(GF) Lover Masochists' Thread

50 posts in this topic

So I managed to get my hands on one of this a while ago, and I haven't seen a topic like this around yet.

I have a feeling, that I'm going to be a bit lonely in this thread, as far as I've seen the opinions on this tank. However I refuse to call it that bad myself.

I think the tank itself carry-wise is terrible, as it is basically an underpowered LT, it gets shit MM, bad AP pen, low amount of shells, ridiculously expensive APCR ammo. It has zero armor, sluggish, bad gun elevation/depression, and medicore accuracy/bloom. If I wanted to win battles solo, I wouldn't even touch this tank, it's absolutely disgusting.

But then why the hell am I making this thread? Because when I manage to get the gun to work, I tend to forget all the points above.

The 1sec reload within the clip makes the tank really damn fun for me, combine it with the camo, and decent top speed, you get an awesome ninja assassin, that destroys any 600> hp tank within 7 seconds (from close range).Then swiftly moves on to do the the same in 15 seconds with an another one. Also, enemy ammo racks and fires are really common with it due to the 8 shells and the fast reload (the tank is unfortunately prone to ammo racks and fires as well though).

c61844de0cc718c6cdbc08b32dfa7911.jpg

I just can't get enough of this tank in the past few days, since I got it, especially because it also makes decent credits with premium.

When you're in a decent platoon, you can really have fun with it, even in t9/10 battles:

95c22d12a49e6c12269150678b24d9e9.jpg

So guys who have the tank, what do you think? Am I really the only person who enjoys it this much?

Edit: Decided to upload some of my best replays with the tank, in case anyone's interested:

Most fun battle I've had in this tank so far:

El Halluf carry

And some others:

Swamp broken gun carry

Mountain Pass

Himmelsdorf

Sand river

Steppes

I don't know why anybody bought this tank, the fucking paint job is so ugly.

Because it mounts a machine gun that is hilarious to use.  I kinda wish I had one, but I don't like giving WG money.  Thank goodness I can play it on other people's accounts!

Because it mounts a machine gun that is hilarious to use.  I kinda wish I had one, but I don't like giving WG money.  Thank goodness I can play it on other people's accounts!

How's it compare to the other tier 7 scouts?

How's it compare to the other tier 7 scouts?

It's pure shit. Poor mobility on a tier 7 scout that sees 10's is a recipe for garbage. 

Its a good Tier 7 french PREMIUM light tank

Sure...the M41 is better by like double but its not a bad tank and it prints credits...

Its a good Tier 7 french PREMIUM light tank

Sure...the M41 is better by like double but its not a bad tank and it prints credits...

...except its a scout with poor ap pen. And its not preferential so it has to compete against better tanks.

...except its a scout with poor ap pen. And its not preferential so it has to compete against better tanks.

Like the 59-16... Except without mobility.

The 13-57 is a hilariously effective counter-scouter.

Well, playing against Xs is a very sad bounce-fest, but on those wonderful occasions you get an VIII battle, it is wonderfully OP (like all the recent lights when they are "top" tier).  A VI td cursed me violently for my @#$#@ french autoloader today. I felt kinda sorry for him.

When you're in a decent platoon, you can really have fun with it, even in t9/10 battles:

You call us decent?  :doubleguns:

Was a really great game, had a lot of fun tho.

#disliket8

That thing seems really fun to me.

Oh its undeniably shit but undeniably good fun 1 game in 10 I find.  If only it had a little more pen...

Well, playing against Xs is a very sad bounce-fest, but on those wonderful occasions you get an VIII battle, it is wonderfully OP (like all the recent lights when they are "top" tier).  A VI td cursed me violently for my @#$#@ french autoloader today. I felt kinda sorry for him.

Dunno, I think the AP penetration is fine in t10 if you're at the right place at the right time, also I think 2 clips of APCR is more than enough. Last time on kharkov t10 battle, I did 1k dmg to an is4, while it was busy with an ally e5, and half of it was with AP.

You call us decent?  :doubleguns:

Was a really great game, had a lot of fun tho.

#disliket8

That thing seems really fun to me.

Yeah, it's pretty damn gud if one gets carried in it :D

We've had success running two of them in team battles. Stick together and they can take out another tank fast.

Added some replays in the OP, in case anyone's interested.

Also I have to say, that this thing's really became one of my favourite tanks after 145 battles thus far, I sometimes even manage to carry with it despite being a light tank.

This is what I have with it so far:

2848a2f8e9bcb422633c94a68b10ce35.png

Notice how the DPG isn't really much, but I needed a lot of battles before I learnt how to do damage properly. And even then, there are some battles where I mostly do the spotting only.

Gamer is really doing amazing things in this little french tank  ... yesterday, I was able to witness the last of of his carries (2.7k damage, 4 kills, El Halluf in the OP) firsthand, since I derped myself and died quite soon.

Gamer is really doing amazing things in this little french tank  ... yesterday, I was able to witness the last of of his carries (2.7k damage, 4 kills, El Halluf in the OP) firsthand, since I derped myself and died quite soon.

Thanks mate :D The replay of that battle is in the OP.

I finally got a crew for this tank (chicks dig tanks right) with my first three female crew members. I have not really played too many French tanks, and I figured if I ever go for a Bat that it might be useful. I'm a very average player and not very good with light tanks but...man this is a fun tank. I have no idea how I have not lost in this thing yet (jinx). I'm sure I will never hit the levels of the great players on this site but, there's always hope.

I had to put a skin on it to be able to sleep at night, but I still remember.

I have this light tank ,which I finally managed to " Ace Tanker " , my thoughts are that its a very fast little tank , with a good , accurate gun that fires sadly

a lot faster ( unless really close )  than it can aim ( so letting the gun re-aim before the next shot - it's a wise idea ) -

the penetration at tier 9 and 10 targets is awful unless you are firing APCR and you can get to the side of them , or the rear

It is a great crew trainer , however ,and got my AMX 13 90 crew to the 4th skill from the lower 2nd crew skills

I don't think its a credit printer , sadly , but as a X 3 daily tank its pretty okay -

It's predicted to be on the advent calendar on the 10th.

Should get?

22 hours ago, Ickus said:

Should get?

Would you shoot both of your kneecaps? And even pay for that?

Reload is not only way shorter than aim time, but shells are also way too weak to track anybody (and make full use of autoloader).

Add bad mobility characteristic of french mid tier lights, and a tier 5 gun, and you got yourself a real stinker.

If you got it free, sure...but better save money for bromwell if you like to run around and pew-pew ppl. You will save money, and brommie earns way more. SH viable.

Dont underestimate the fun of seeing people have panic attacks because they take damage every second for a full 5-seconds straight. I've seen Cromwells drive off a slope in panic, only to kill themselves.

This tank is by no means fantastic, but with some APCR spam then it can be quite fun. Especially in a platoon with these and then hunting down some poor German box tank to perform death-by-tickling.

But dont buy it if it is part of some stupid deal with tonnes of extra stuff. It is not that good.

17 hours ago, WaterWar said:

Dont underestimate the fun of seeing people have panic attacks because they take damage every second for a full 5-seconds straight.

Hm, M 41 and 2x more alpha every 2 seconds (mostly aimed, actually) for 20 seconds straight, and 2 x more dmg in the whole mag? That can make even good players panic sometimes. Good players can mostly ignore this abomination, unless point blank or in a paper tank. And if you do not aim more than intra clip reload the shells fly everywhere...

I have not played it personally, but played tons of times against it in randoms, and my shitty clan have a few of them...they surface for 7/54. Huge disappointment even against "only" tier 8.

And Crommie is just food for most tier 7 lights, anyway...not fair to compare to it. have fun seeing tier 10 at least 3x more often than Crommies...

13 57(GF) is literally just a worse 13 85, not a stellar tank by itself...

leKpz M 41 90 mm GF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>13 57(GF)

8 hours ago, Felicius said:

Hm, M 41 and 2x more alpha every 2 seconds (mostly aimed, actually) for 20 seconds straight, and 2 x more dmg in the whole mag? That can make even good players panic sometimes. Good players can mostly ignore this abomination, unless point blank or in a paper tank. And if you do not aim more than intra clip reload the shells fly everywhere...

I have not played it personally, but played tons of times against it in randoms, and my shitty clan have a few of them...they surface for 7/54. Huge disappointment even against "only" tier 8.

And Crommie is just food for most tier 7 lights, anyway...not fair to compare to it. have fun seeing tier 10 at least 3x more often than Crommies...

13 57(GF) is literally just a worse 13 85, not a stellar tank by itself...

leKpz M 41 90 mm GF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>13 57(GF)

There lies a big difference that will be a problem in this discussion. It is a tank that doesn't look good on paper, but it can be really fun to play with other people. But fun is a subjective thing, so that is also worth considering. This 1357 is not to be played with a serious mindset. :P 

My point about the panic is that lesser experienced people tend to panic when their tanks are hit repeatedly - doesn't matter how much they are hit for. The 13 57 hits every second, compared to every other second. If you are two of these tanks in a platoon, then the enemy tank will take a hit every .5 seconds (at close range).

Also, I dont understand why you compare it to the M41-90, as I didn't (and I dont think anyone ever will) claim that the 13 57 is a better tank than the M41-90.

I will repeat myself: This tank is not to be taken seriously in any way - but I see it as one of my favourite tier 7 LTs because of the uniqueness (uniqueness =/= greatness) of the needle dick autoloader it has.