GamerDaPro

The Official Unofficial 13 57(GF) Lover Masochists' Thread

57 posts in this topic

As a better than average, but not great player, I still think this is a fun tank if you know how to play a scout and an auto loader. I don't exactly pad stats with it, but it's not impossible to put it to work. The clean up ability is insane, since almost no damage is wasted, and nothing beats that feeling when you get 3 kills out of a clip.

I commonly wish it could start stronger, but most game beginnings are just scouting and not firing. The good news on this is that the camo and view range are hefty enough to make for a serious threat. 

Without the ability to mount vstab or a rammer, equipment choices are relegated to scouting advantages.

I cannot really weigh in on the "is it good or not," debate, but I can damned sure say whether it's fun or not.  It's easily one of the most enjoyable tanks I've ever driven.  Sit back, let things open up, find someone with their back turned, give them a seriously ugly surprise.  A 13 75 tried to take me out, he hit me twice, I unloaded an entire clip into him and kept going.  Yeah, you can see tier 10s in it, and I'm not good enough at pure scouting yet to have much effect in those kinds of games, but in the trio of tier 8 battles I saw this morning I averaged over 1200 dpg, got three wins, and felt quite satisfied.

On 5/11/2015 at 9:41 AM, dirtd0g said:

The 13-57 is a hilariously effective counter-scouter.

A wild T-54 lightweight appears.......

I am honestly surprised that no one has revived this zombie thread yet. The 9.18 patch is a god-send for the AMX 13 57. I am waiting for the call to nerf this amazing little tank. Thankfully it is a premium so they seem reticent to do so these days.

I left the game for about 18 months (I think) and to get back in the swing I started running my T67 again - worst pixel heroin ever. Now the AMX 13 57 is my new drug and it is a premium too! Handy since I need to buy so many vert stabs these days. I know the consensus was that AMX 13 57 was shit when it was released, but any buyers or receivers of these as shit gifts are vindicated. Highly recommend you buy if it is released again 10/10. Also recommend milkym4n's model to remove the ugly WG logo.

12 hours ago, ikitai said:

I am honestly surprised that no one has revived this zombie thread yet. The 9.18 patch is a god-send for the AMX 13 57. I am waiting for the call to nerf this amazing little tank. Thankfully it is a premium so they seem reticent to do so these days.

I left the game for about 18 months (I think) and to get back in the swing I started running my T67 again - worst pixel heroin ever. Now the AMX 13 57 is my new drug and it is a premium too! Handy since I need to buy so many vert stabs these days. I know the consensus was that AMX 13 57 was shit when it was released, but any buyers or receivers of these as shit gifts are vindicated. Highly recommend you buy if it is released again 10/10. Also recommend milkym4n's model to remove the ugly WG logo.

Was anything nerfed or did it just get better MM? It was always basically a trier6 given the shit ammo capacity and low alpha.

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Was anything nerfed or did it just get better MM? It was always basically a trier6 given the shit ammo capacity and low alpha.

According to the patch notes, they have buffed the gun handling and also added the ability to use the Vert Stab. This plus the MM is working very well for me. 

AMX 13 57 GF

• Decreased dispersion during movement of the AMX 13 57 suspension by 19%
  • Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the AMX 13 57 suspension by 19%
  • Decreased dispersion on turret traverse of the 57 mm L/100 gun by 17%
  • Added the option of mounting the Vertical Stabilizer Mk 1

According to VB Addict (which doesn't seem to be catching post-patch stats) I was at 48.7% WR. In the matches since the patch I have been at a 53.6%.

8 hours ago, ikitai said:

According to the patch notes, they have buffed the gun handling and also added the ability to use the Vert Stab. This plus the MM is working very well for me. 

AMX 13 57 GF

• Decreased dispersion during movement of the AMX 13 57 suspension by 19%
  • Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the AMX 13 57 suspension by 19%
  • Decreased dispersion on turret traverse of the 57 mm L/100 gun by 17%
  • Added the option of mounting the Vertical Stabilizer Mk 1

According to VB Addict (which doesn't seem to be catching post-patch stats) I was at 48.7% WR. In the matches since the patch I have been at a 53.6%.

Cant wait for EU 9.18 then since I have this, Type64, Type62. :D 

Jesus this tank is SOOOOO good since patch. It might become less fun when people stop using lights but new mm means many soft targets for this tank to pulverise. Maybe I was lucky but in 10 games had 3 games with over 2.5k dmg and all the others were at least 1200 with good spotting. 

This tank is sick.  1500 base f ace wanker.   That's 5k combined.   I did 5k twice yesterday .   Each time was only 1.5% toward moe.   I sold this a long time ago after winning it in some tourney.  Wg just gave it back to me lol after I put in a ticket

I just pulled it out of mothballs too. I remember when it faced 9 and 10 all the time it just went bounce bounce. Last night I was top tier in it. Wow. the best part is so many players have no idea what it is or what it can do.

WG also announced that they won't sell the -57 or black dog anymore (yeah, right), but maybe attests to their OP-ness?

Wonder if the Chrysler will fall in the same basket?

Buy the GF versions when they come out each season or miss out?  Marketing at its best?

23 minutes ago, Invictus said:

WG also announced that they won't sell the -57 or black dog anymore (yeah, right), but maybe attests to their OP-ness?

Wonder if the Chrysler will fall in the same basket?

Buy the GF versions when they come out each season or miss out?  Marketing at its best?

Wait and they will sell the type64? A t6 light with 390 base view range? 

2 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Wait and they will sell the type64? A t6 light with 390 base view range? 

Right, I think they are true MASTERS of marketing.  Type 64 is already in the tech tree and can be had by gold (potentially freely obtainable).....but all the GF tanks are only available through cold, hard cash.  If they say, "we won't sell them again," they create the aura of scarcity for those tanks and by extension, all GF tanks.

Now, a truly masterful stroke, would be to highlight the Type 64 for "retirement" and then bring it back like they did the other "retired" tanks  -- stay tuned!

1 minute ago, Invictus said:

Right, I think they are true MASTERS of marketing.  Type 64 is already in the tech tree and can be had by gold (potentially freely obtainable).....but all the GF tanks are only available through cold, hard cash.  If they say, "we won't sell them again," they create the aura of scarcity for those tanks and by extension, all GF tanks.

Now, a truly masterful stroke, would be to highlight the Type 64 for "retirement" and then bring it back like they did the other "retired" tanks  -- stay tuned!

"It's too good, we remove in 2 weeks" like it was with some other tenk... 

On 5/31/2017 at 3:51 PM, Dukebarry said:

The best part is so many players have no idea what it is or what it can do.

They still don't.  It is a complete face wrecker when top tier.  Full health KV2?  No problem.

1 hour ago, Tanager said:

They still don't.  It is a complete face wrecker when top tier.  Full health KV2?  No problem.

But.. you gotta pray that KV-2 isn't looking at you.

3 minutes ago, Hally said:

But.. you gotta pray that KV-2 isn't looking at you.

Yeah, but he's usually on fire by the third or fourth shot.

Personally, I'd avoid engaging a potentially loaded kv-2 if he is looking anywhere near your direction... if driving a cardboard tank. The risk (of getting instant exploded) is just too high.

1 hour ago, Hally said:

Personally, I'd avoid engaging a potentially loaded kv-2 if he is looking anywhere near your direction... if driving a cardboard tank. The risk (of getting instant exploded) is just too high.

I would too, but I didn't think you were being serious, so I wasn't, either.  I wouldn't engage much of anything in a cardboard tank if the other guy is looking at me.

If it's something like an ARL-44 or T-150, I'd take the risk and engage xD.

No one asked, but you need about 2600 to not drop while chasing MoE

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

TBH I was always interested. I was playing it like a moron, testing boosts while in randoms and training 3 crews from nothing but now when I have 4 skills on my 13 105 crew I'm tempted to go for 3 marks as the MoE reqs seemed smaller than I expected for such a broken tank

On 10/12/2017 at 1:54 PM, CraBeatOff said:

We didn't ask, but we damned sure wondered.

On 10/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, hazzgar said:

TBH I was always interested. I was playing it like a moron, testing boosts while in randoms and training 3 crews from nothing but now when I have 4 skills on my 13 105 crew I'm tempted to go for 3 marks as the MoE reqs seemed smaller than I expected for such a broken tank

It's very good at winning, but getting to the 2600 mark can sometimes be a challenge in top tier games. Especially on maps where you can't vision the enemy to death.

3 hours ago, Tanager said:

We didn't ask, but we damned sure wondered.

I've always wondered since OverlordPrime had trouble marking it. Of the top 10 NA by WG rating only 2 others have marked it, and one looks like a Carbon special... But one never knows

Since getting 3rd mark I've done another 2 dozen battles or so,  rising to 97%. Autoloaders and LTs just click for me, and since the 13 57 maintains un-nerfed view range rolling around with 490 lets me dominate vision lanes! 

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

It's very good at winning, but getting to the 2600 mark can sometimes be a challenge in top tier games. Especially on maps where you can't vision the enemy to death.

I've always wondered since OverlordPrime had trouble marking it. Of the top 10 NA by WG rating only 2 others have marked it, and one looks like a Carbon special... But one never knows

Since getting 3rd mark I've done another 2 dozen battles or so,  rising to 97%. Autoloaders and LTs just click for me, and since the 13 57 maintains un-nerfed view range rolling around with 490 lets me dominate vision lanes! 

Yeah I've noticed that after being encouraged by you. I'm a much worse player than you or carbon but I have way more experience than most in lights so what I lack in damage I can make up in spotting. Still not sure if I can 3 mark it. Probably not but it's worth a try. Never 3 marked anything since I don't focus on tanks too long and I shift crews on my prems with lowers my dpg. I am close to 90% on a few (and I'm not tempted to 3 mark low tier tanks since t5-t6 gameplay is frustrating)