GamerDaPro

The Official Unofficial 13 57(GF) Lover Masochists' Thread

79 posts in this topic

On 17.10.2017 at 9:37 PM, Cunicularius said:

AMX 13 57 > AMX 13 57 (GF) 

discus

Nothing to discuss there, it's true. The simple fact of the matter is, that the 13/57 has a lot better camo value than the 13/57(GF).

Fuck me 3 marking this is hard. I'm the top player on EU for the last month in this and still I bounce back every time I hit 94.5% 

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Fuck me 3 marking this is hard. I'm the top player on EU for the last month in this and still I bounce back every time I hit 94.5% 

How does that work? Not enough players?

5 hours ago, lavawing said:

How does that work? Not enough players?

The ranking only shows players with 50+ battles. Maybe there are better players at sub 50 but probably the way expected is calculated simply works in strange ways. I'm back at 91.5 again after friendly arty detracked me in the open in 2 battles and then I shot back at a friendly idiot t34-85m who shot me with he in the back so he decided to ram me to death. This is going to kill me and my xvm camo since the tank prints WN8 and I'm not really eager to pad my stats. I think Circon 3 marked his and his Wn8 acording to wotinfo (not sure how reliable) is 5900 on the tank so that suggests you need insane results. Though my WN8 is probably not indicative of my 3 mark progress since I spot way more than other people in this tank acording to official stats.

OK, so I picked one of these up to train my 13-105 crew.  Enjoy the 105, but not sure how this one works. 

The bundle came with optics, vents, and a net.  I put on stabs instead of a net, does that sound about right?  I see on vb that GLD is one of the main choices, but wasn't that from before stabs were available?  I'm wondering about putting the net on and get a cloaking device out of this, but that seems a bit passive.

edit: coffee instead of fire?

Having fun with it so far, good win rate but mixed results.

4 hours ago, swyck said:

OK, so I picked one of these up to train my 13-105 crew.  Enjoy the 105, but not sure how this one works. 

The bundle came with optics, vents, and a net.  I put on stabs instead of a net, does that sound about right?  I see on vb that GLD is one of the main choices, but wasn't that from before stabs were available?  I'm wondering about putting the net on and get a cloaking device out of this, but that seems a bit passive.

edit: coffee instead of fire?

Having fun with it so far, good win rate but mixed results.

id personally run vert stab, vents, and optics. 

its camo (with a camo job/crew and BIA) is like 38.6 while stationary and on the move, which isn't bad at all.

i also don't see a reason for GLD, with the above mentioned setup the aim-time is 2.16 (2.11 with BIA). and the gun handling is fantastic, you often times can just auto-aim targets while on the move and at a distance and still hit ur shots reliably.  

i wouldn't run food unless ur Try-Harding for a 3-mark or something, the benefit wont be all that much. Plus the 13 57 has a Very weak engine that's located at the front, meaning you will get quite a few engine fires from even small caliber guns.

On 4/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

id personally run vert stab, vents, and optics. 

its camo (with a camo job/crew and BIA) is like 38.6 while stationary and on the move, which isn't bad at all.

i also don't see a reason for GLD, with the above mentioned setup the aim-time is 2.16 (2.11 with BIA). and the gun handling is fantastic, you often times can just auto-aim targets while on the move and at a distance and still hit ur shots reliably.  

i wouldn't run food unless ur Try-Harding for a 3-mark or something, the benefit wont be all that much. Plus the 13 57 has a Very weak engine that's located at the front, meaning you will get quite a few engine fires from even small caliber guns.

The fires are not more common than in other lights. You will get set on fire but I didn't feel like it happened super often over 500+ games I have in mine.

Playing scouts without food always seems like a strange idea to me. If you want to make money with it yeah go without food but I really think this thing benefits from food a lot. 

As for setup I ran Stab, Vents, Optics. Trained my 3 skill crew to 5 skills while trying to 3 mark this thing. Now when more people have it the reqs will go down and it won't feel so special :( 

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

The fires are not more common than in other lights. You will get set on fire but I didn't feel like it happened super often over 500+ games I have in mine.

Playing scouts without food always seems like a strange idea to me. If you want to make money with it yeah go without food but I really think this thing benefits from food a lot. 

As for setup I ran Stab, Vents, Optics. Trained my 3 skill crew to 5 skills while trying to 3 mark this thing. Now when more people have it the reqs will go down and it won't feel so special :( 

if it were a non-autoloading light then maybe i could agree that it would benefit from food greatly, but being an auto-loader food dosent do that much for it like with most auto-loaders when running food.

With a set up of BiA vents,v-stab, and optics:

15 second reload (14.40 w/food)

2.11 aimtime (2.02 w/food)

0.34 dispersion (0.33 w/food)

VR 447m (465m w/food)

gun-handling when on the move/turning turret drop form 0.10 to 0.09 w/food

Tank/turret traverse see very minimal buffs

terrain resistances get very small buffs

overall the biggest buff i see would be that VR increase, and maybe the better accuracy. 

And maybe its just my luck, but alot of shots taken to the front of the 13 57's hull result in engine damage and frequent fires on top of that.

its definitely worth buying my god its fun :D but its also a pad machine. im an average 1500 player and over 40 games i am 2300 wn8. but man its fun especially after the plus minus mm where it cant see tier 10s anymore. Loving mine. But ive spent so much money lately on WoT that i promised myself its the last money i spend for a long time :D Im just glad i bought it. 

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

if it were a non-autoloading light then maybe i could agree that it would benefit from food greatly, but being an auto-loader food dosent do that much for it like with most auto-loaders when running food.

With a set up of BiA vents,v-stab, and optics:

15 second reload (14.40 w/food)

2.11 aimtime (2.02 w/food)

0.34 dispersion (0.33 w/food)

VR 447m (465m w/food)

gun-handling when on the move/turning turret drop form 0.10 to 0.09 w/food

Tank/turret traverse see very minimal buffs

terrain resistances get very small buffs

overall the biggest buff i see would be that VR increase, and maybe the better accuracy. 

And maybe its just my luck, but alot of shots taken to the front of the 13 57's hull result in engine damage and frequent fires on top of that.

The thing is lights benefit the most from increased skills. Yeah those are small differences but their stack. When you fire so many shells slightly better aim time, dispersion, gun handling means a higher % hit. A few % of a tank that shoots 10-15 times per battle is nothing but a tank that shoots like a machine gun means a lot.

Also maximizing vision is very important for lights. 

btw. Tanks gg claims no skill no food amx 13 57 is 438m  vs 458m with food. With food + all skills you end up with 490 vr vs 470 no food. 20m vr is a lot. I'd not imagine 3 marking mine without it. Though it depends what's the result you are aiming for. I pulled 65% wr over 500 battles in mine with 1350dpg despite having a very spot heavy playstyle ( I do less damage and more spots than most 13 57 players) vs around 60% I pull on average recent. 

Gotta agree with @hazzgar re: maximizing vision.  Food has very little to do with firepower in this tank (aside from tightening up dispersion/improving handling a bit) - but the extra 19-20 meters of VR make a big difference, since at tier 8/9 most of the mediums/many of the heavies will have equal or better base VR.  Crew skills also matter - I'm grinding my bc 12t crew and won't move them back to the 12t until I have vision skills maxed out, and ideally I'll have offroad/clutch-braking maxed as well.

While your clip damage is lower than the t71 da, this thing feels more hilarious, b/c dumping your clip into someone's butt machine-style is much more panic-inducing.  You can dump a large portion of your clip before they can even turn their turret sometimes.

I still wonder why the tier 7 prem lights (this, type 62) have so much better VR than their tech tree counterparts, but that's a different topic for a different day.

6 minutes ago, Tanager said:

I still wonder why the tier 7 prem lights (this, type 62) have so much better VR than their tech tree counterparts, but that's a different topic for a different day.

Simply, they were issued before the Light Tank re-balancing and extension to Tier 10.  Both (13 57 and Type 62) were kind of dogs with Scout MM... now they never have to see 10s and get to swim in the Tier 7 3/5/7 MM pool...  (Type 64 was always good but is even better without Scout mm)

6 hours ago, Tanager said:

Gotta agree with @hazzgar re: maximizing vision.  Food has very little to do with firepower in this tank (aside from tightening up dispersion/improving handling a bit) - but the extra 19-20 meters of VR make a big difference, since at tier 8/9 most of the mediums/many of the heavies will have equal or better base VR.  Crew skills also matter - I'm grinding my bc 12t crew and won't move them back to the 12t until I have vision skills maxed out, and ideally I'll have offroad/clutch-braking maxed as well.

While your clip damage is lower than the t71 da, this thing feels more hilarious, b/c dumping your clip into someone's butt machine-style is much more panic-inducing.  You can dump a large portion of your clip before they can even turn their turret sometimes.

i was mostly referring to the foods affect all round.

if your trying to be a die-hard scout then yes food will defiantly help, and i even said the only real worth while benefit food gave was the VR buff.

TBH im just fine w/o food as my current set up is vent/v-stab/optics. and situational awareness @98% (no BiA yet) and im sitting at 455m VR. with BiA according to tanks.gg it will be 468m

@hazzgar

Another reason im against food on this tank in particular is the cost, this tank is NOT   good at credit making at all.

its gold rounds are stupid expensive for such a low alpha gun (2800 credits per shot) which is 22400 credits for a single clip of gold that only yields 720dmg.

and you might say "just don't fire gold" and in a top tier 3-5-7 match up you might be right about that, but when facing tier 8/9 143mm of pen doesn't cut it for me at all.

also i should mention i dont run AP at all, full gold. the reason for this (aside from what i said above) is the ammo count, you will run out of ammo in this thing way more often then most tanks. A simple 3k dmg will put you down to like 2-3 clips worth of ammo left often times, so i dont like to have AP mixed in and have those "half-clips" of ammo in a endgame situation.

Also for reference to how bad this tank is at making money: i can run 50% credit boosters w/premium time while playing this tank and often times i will still lose money.

8 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i was mostly referring to the foods affect all round.

if your trying to be a die-hard scout then yes food will defiantly help, and i even said the only real worth while benefit food gave was the VR buff.

TBH im just fine w/o food as my current set up is vent/v-stab/optics. and situational awareness @98% (no BiA yet) and im sitting at 455m VR. with BiA according to tanks.gg it will be 468m

@hazzgar

Another reason im against food on this tank in particular is the cost, this tank is NOT   good at credit making at all.

its gold rounds are stupid expensive for such a low alpha gun (2800 credits per shot) which is 22400 credits for a single clip of gold that only yields 720dmg.

and you might say "just don't fire gold" and in a top tier 3-5-7 match up you might be right about that, but when facing tier 8/9 143mm of pen doesn't cut it for me at all.

also i should mention i dont run AP at all, full gold. the reason for this (aside from what i said above) is the ammo count, you will run out of ammo in this thing way more often then most tanks. A simple 3k dmg will put you down to like 2-3 clips worth of ammo left often times, so i dont like to have AP mixed in and have those "half-clips" of ammo in a endgame situation.

Also for reference to how bad this tank is at making money: i can run 50% credit boosters w/premium time while playing this tank and often times i will still lose money.

Naah I fire gold. I just don't play non t8 prems for money. I play them for crews and fun. When I was 3 marking it I ran 40% ap 60% acpr. No reason to use prem ammo when top tier but I see we have a much different playstyle. I focus way more on spotting so it's less shooting and less need for pure gold spam. 

Yeah...playtime is over. Just had a 1300XP game and only got 2nd class... what glorious games do you madmen have? o_o

12 hours ago, Action said:

Yeah...playtime is over. Just had a 1300XP game and only got 2nd class... what glorious games do you madmen have? o_o

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4275596#westfield-marine-amx_13_57

If you run food the best way to avoid fire is to not get hit by anyone, especially howitzers. My T-43 122 one shot 2 or 3 amx 13-57 this week and I wasn't even going for them. 

On 4/6/2018 at 6:51 AM, Action said:

weird u say that

ive been alot of aces in it with low/unimpressive exp games anywhere from 1000-1200k exp with aces left and right.

On 4/6/2018 at 12:51 PM, Action said:

5k+ combined with many kills or GTFO. That's been the story here ever since the rebalance of all lights.