deepgift

231 posts in this topic

210107da-e98c-4b08-83d1-ef07cfea8ace.jpg

nuff said start discussion here

bitches be using auto-aim, nuff-said

are u sure, i managed to go hull down and get out about an extra 2k dammage this match, not to mention steeling steal wall from some bigger tanks

as well as that it is a comparable tank to the is-3

people who probably loaded gold and thought: "Gold always auto-pens, lol who needs to aim with HEAT?"and proceed to try to pen your mantlet welded from bouncanium

people who probably loaded gold and thought: "Gold always auto-pens, lol who needs to aim with HEAT?"and proceed to try to pen your mantlet welded from bouncanium

is it sad that i looked up "bouncanium"

lol, I ended up searching for "bouncanium" and ended up finding some results related to wot

p.s.: no it is not sad cuz I looked it up too

Of the seven tier 8 heavies I've driven, this was the second I've kept. It's a wonderful vehicle, I like it more than the IS-3. Even earned me a Pool's medal during the Pool's mission this past weekend. Also, look at it. That is a beautiful goddamn tank.

kKYITXU.jpg

qR4Yx6Y.jpg

its the best tier 8 (short of heat spamming t69 in some cases) such a beast, if you can cover your weak spots, it cant be hurt by much when placed perfectly. 

i love this tank, and play it at least once per day. most of my tanks dont get once per week, so that is quite something for me during summer. i dont have alot of tank time till winter.

I've found it to be superior to the IS-3 and (except for last night) an easy grind.

I've found it to be superior to the IS-3 and (except for last night) an easy grind.

other then the larger lower plate, if you can hide that it becomes a boss

Good tank, can't seem to average much damage in it though. Was one of my worst recent performers in that regard, only 2050 DPG. Seems to be useful outside of damage farming, though.

Honestly the IS-3 still seems superior to me. The armor layout on the russki tonk is far superior courtesy of that spaced armor strip; the 110 is just too weak once the APCR comes into play. Fire control may be better, but only marginally so, and that's even more of a non-issue post 8.6; The only factor that even make me pause is the lack of the thin overmatch strip that pisses me off the most about the IS-3 turret. I'll take the alpha and bounce-bounce side of the IS-3 over the 110 any day; since I bought it back I've been doing quite well in it (if only I hadn't played 400 games as a bad!), and it's my favorite tier 8 by far.

Honestly the IS-3 still seems superior to me. The armor layout on the russki tonk is far superior courtesy of that spaced armor strip; the 110 is just too weak once the APCR comes into play. Fire control may be better, but only marginally so, and that's even more of a non-issue post 8.6; The only factor that even make me pause is the lack of the thin overmatch strip that pisses me off the most about the IS-3 turret. I'll take the alpha and bounce-bounce side of the IS-3 over the 110 any day; since I bought it back I've been doing quite well in it (if only I hadn't played 400 games as a bad!), and it's my favorite tier 8 by far.

have you made it to the 100mm it makes a world of difference v tier 8's/ some 9's

but i can agree that i would be in a is-3 over the 110 in a high tier match, but in a equal tier match or one with a 2-3 9's

but in a higher tier match i would take the is-3

So about dat turret...apparently Is-8 can pen it...just on the left side of the mantlet, though im not sure if he was using gold herp

Turret is actually pretty soft,but no one knows.

I actually have some problem using the 110's armor because of the pike,anyone has any tips?

pointing it dead on and hiding the lower glacis seems to work against t8 and below, though any slight angle and the upper glacis turns into wet tissue paper. rocking it back and forth helps too. Apparently the upper glacis can withstand up to 220-230 pen but havent tested properly yet

My biggest successes with the 110 armor were aggressive facehugging. The most common victim were T34 players (probly all baddies admittiedly) and they rarely managed to pen the front point blank, but the 110 has enough depression to hit their UFP and pen. Occassionally works vs tier 10s in a pinch too. I noticed that the Maus was particularly easy to troll up close and personal with a lot of wiggling.

In the end I probably haven't played it enough to know the true strength of the armor, but that's been my limited experience with it.

So about dat turret...apparently Is-8 can pen it...just on the left side of the mantlet, though im not sure if he was using gold herp

most tanks can be pened on there checkes with a high pen gun, i.e t34,t32,121,120,t29,type59,m103 and others

What gun  / equipment are people running on the 110?

Gld,Vert,Rammer,

and once you get the 100mm life is so much better the the 122

Not too far away from the top gun.

Interestingly I loaded up the GLD and my accuracy went to shit. Switched to vents (was going to anyway with the top gun) and all went back to normal. RNG was probably just trolling me for the 10 games or so but there were way more edge of reticle / where the hell did that go than I am use to post-8.6

I am loving the armour layout and geometry of this tank. Unlocked the gun last night and had a few games.

Averaging over 1000xp and now making credits instead of losing them hand over fist with the 122.

I love it. We have even used it on ESL from time to time because on a pure slugging fest it tends to kill all other T8 heavies due to it's relatively good dpm.

I play it quite simply. Just point it at lowtier enemies and slaughter away. Against higher tiers it requires a bit more traditional careful playstyle. The turret is relatively weak and so is the lower plate. And your sides are wet tissue paper. But the gun is so awesome, good aimtime, rof and accuracy makes it a real killer.

My module setup is coated/rammer/stab or vent/rammer/stab depending on my mood.