deepgift

231 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dodge94HUN said:

My whole problem is that it is not very good at this job in my opinion. I think that you have to be too careful in this tank to play it like a true heavy. Heavium? Maybeeee...

I dunno what problem you have with the armour, I bounced almost double the amount you bounce even though I mostly played it when I had blue recents. Best normal Tier 8 heavy dpm plus effective frontal armour when covering the lower plate allows you to murder most other Tier 8s and even higher tiers sometimes. It is especially good at fighting heavies armed with the standard russian 122mm, and armour retains effectiveness against premium rounds because of their lack of normalization.

Sure, it suffers a bit at corner fighting, but that is only in comparison to the IS3. Tanks like the Caernavon or Tiger II have autopen lower plates and significantly worse turrets

The armor and dpm can be amazing, sure.

But that lower plate's almost as big as the upper one, so hinding it when playing aggressively can be next to impossible. And the dpm's oftentimes wasted because of the gun stats, which save for the turret dispersion, are somewhere between meh and terrible. 

Since it's one of my better T8s (dpg wise at least kappa), I am not saying it's ineffective. For me it was just boring and occasionally frustrating. I enjoyed every other T8 HT I played more. A tank with no particular strength or weakness is just bland imo.

3 hours ago, Bohan said:

I dunno what problem you have with the armour, I bounced almost double the amount you bounce even though I mostly played it when I had blue recents. Best normal Tier 8 heavy dpm plus effective frontal armour when covering the lower plate allows you to murder most other Tier 8s and even higher tiers sometimes. It is especially good at fighting heavies armed with the standard russian 122mm, and armour retains effectiveness against premium rounds because of their lack of normalization.

Sure, it suffers a bit at corner fighting, but that is only in comparison to the IS3. Tanks like the Caernavon or Tiger II have autopen lower plates and significantly worse turrets

Made pretty clear a couple of times: the only good part of the armor is the UFP which gets negated by the slightest angle. Other than that it has mediocre armor at best.

I really struggle with this tank. Armour wise the IS-3 seems way more effective, and to give up 70 alpha for pretty shit gun handling seems just too much.Sure the IS-3 is OP and probably a tier 8.5, but at this rate I'd rather take a Tiger 2.

I imagined this as a keeper next to the IS-3 to have an alternative, sort of similar hull but with a higher dpm gun with better handling. In the end its inferior in every way, I don't see any reason to keep this thing.

I just wanted to point this out... 

110.jpg

thats in ufp btw

14 hours ago, nudisti said:

I just wanted to point this out... 

110.jpg

thats in ufp btw

Where exactly?

On 6.5.2017 at 4:30 PM, hazzgar said:

Where exactly?

left top of that box....

The 110 now has a worse UFP than the 4502A, less gun depression and is significantly slower. It used to be balanced around having the best in tier hull armour - obviously no longer true.

So I guess with the 113 being so meta and now the 111-5a being out, the chinese heavy line has become the new RU medium line.  As such, I'm one of many schmos now grinding glorious imperial Sun Ztu  heavy tanks.  How does the 110 hold up to the hell of tier 8 with all of the new P2W tanks running around?  Does the 100mm  medium tank gun really work with all of the tier 8-9 heavy sperge?  

The gun is not that different from IS-3 in terms of what you can engage effectively and what you should avoid, other than missing out on overmatch against 40mm armor, most notably strv 103-0.

- It has slightly lower alpha, a bit more dpm.

- Same gold pen. Both sadly sucks against superheavies from the front.

- Slightly better aimtime and accuracy, slightly worse bloom. Prertty much equal in terms of hitting snap shots.

The gun is closer to a KT or T32 than the crappy 20 pounder on caern.

Last time I  give up on 113. Now again I'm trying to grind this pile of shit. Still bad as it was. 

Yeah, its not a lot of fun.  All of the other tier 8s have some sort of gimmick they can fall back on, T32 = hull down turret, Emil/50-100 = auto-loader, IS-3 = Stalin, even the Tiger II at least does a low alpha gun really well.  The 110 does not really have anything special to fall back on.  Aim for 3 seconds, miss shot, eat 440 alpha shot in return, aim for 3 seconds, do 320 alpha, eat another 440, rinse repeat.

Oh and 11.5 HP/ton . . .  

Sigh, only about 90k to go - I'll waste a lot of reserves on this one.

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Yeah, its not a lot of fun.  All of the other tier 8s have some sort of gimmick they can fall back on, T32 = hull down turret, Emil/50-100 = auto-loader, IS-3 = Stalin, even the Tiger II at least does a low alpha gun really well.  The 110 does not really have anything special to fall back on.  Aim for 3 seconds, miss shot, eat 440 alpha shot in return, aim for 3 seconds, do 320 alpha, eat another 440, rinse repeat.

Oh and 11.5 HP/ton . . .  

inb4 they give it the T-10's turret and Caern DPM when they turn it into HD. the 110 works, but as you said most others and better. its gun is supposed to be reliable, but barring engagements outside 200m the IS-3 works better thanks to dat dank bloom. the pike nose on the IS-3 is also shallower, which is a pro, on top of having better turret armour and stalinium sides. seriously though, not sure what can be done to salvage this

22 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Oh and 11.5 HP/ton . . .  

Yeah Tiger 2 is comparable with alpha but gun handling and APCR is too damn good, Chinese got none. Maybe KB-4, but that's Russian tank :D 

this tank is shit and has no redeeming qualities at all

7 hours ago, Strigonx said:

this tank is shit and has no redeeming qualities at all

Redeeming qualities:
- It is reasonably fast. 

- Turret is alright

Drawbacks:
- Peashooter gun

- Bad DPM

- Long aim time

- Armor isn't great except turret

- No gun depression

I just finished the grind through it, ran full personal reserves throughout.

Ran a half-and-half AP-APCR loadout due to awesome t8 MM these days.

Don't say I enjoyed it, but I didn't completely hate it. There are worse tanks.

It's a bad tank but it at least goes fast enough so you can at least get where you want.

I grinded it up from IS-2 configuration and I must say the IS-2 gun on it is just terrible.

It's about the same as IS-2 tier for tier in my eyes.

Will sell with pleasure.

51 minutes ago, ogremage said:

Turret is alright

Yestereday Centurion 1 snap my turret, Centurion 1! Definition of bad gun handling, roof is overmatch for 122 guns, and I didn’t check model but i think auto aim sends shells into turret ring or hull. 

It’s shitty tank by all means and apart from speed and good final accuracy. Again i got so much weird penetration into turret and upler hull it’s not funny. 

Thanks WG on boost, i had few 5K games but those are rare and very team dependent (like yesterday’s Overlord, i farmed ISU-152, Skorpion G and Ferdinand sitting in base). And that’s good thing too, sniping with solid VR. But then again this isn’t medium or TD. 

56 minutes ago, ogremage said:

It's about the same as IS-2 tier for tier in my eyes.

I think IS-2 is far better tier for tier, 390 boomstick and some weird armor with 250 heat can do some serious damage. I didn’t play that much IS-2 but it’s more enjoyable tank. Deleting T5-6 tanks with resonable good 122 is much more fun than 100mm at T8. It’s most definitely easier to trade. 

I got enough bounces on turret, but they still shoot my ventilation ducts (as I have to aim for long) and that was annoying.

IS-2 I hated the big gun as all its stats except alpha are bad and played it with the small gun. So it felt somewhat similar to 110 except the armour is even worse tier for tier on the IS-2.

I personally was happier finishing the IS-2 grind than the 110 grind. I did the 110 grind after getting top config in 3 days (running boosters all the time though).

7 hours ago, ogremage said:

Redeeming qualities:
- It is reasonably fast. kek

- Turret is alright. kek

JESUS THE STOCK GRIND, I WANT TO POUR LAVA INTO MY EYES. This tank is the TVP of heavy tanks.

I wonder if that will improve its armor any or just leave huge holes in turret

Ehh it will hit probably after I finish it. Thank god for that 5x bonus code. Now I have the top turret +24k exp for the new top gun. Though it's idiotic that the cost of the top gun is almost as high as in t9 tanks

Stab me with a fork to my dick but let me finish this grind. With stock gun even full heat spam + food on a bia + gun skills crew means nothing when you get weekend teams.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:05 AM, hazzgar said:

Ehh it will hit probably after I finish it. Thank god for that 5x bonus code. Now I have the top turret +24k exp for the new top gun. Though it's idiotic that the cost of the top gun is almost as high as in t9 tanks

Because the top gun is the t9 med 100mm gun.