Kolni

[EU] Kolni will expand his mentoring

83 posts in this topic

Yo fellas, I've been mentoring a few people recently, and I like them raising my E-peen of how good I am

MIC FOR TS NEEDED

What I'm good at and will go through with you if possible:

Medium tanks (if you play them), and how to be aggressive in them (this is such a large subject that it's likely I'll just brush the surface and give you a clue of what it actually is, and then figuring out on your own)

• Map awareness, situational awareness and initial deployment/positioning in general
  • Autoloaders, what do to in them and when to use your clip
  • Keeping your gun hot
  • When to push/when to retreat and why

Heavies

• Initial deployment (very important)
  • Timing reloads within brawls (I.E poking the second your gun is reloaded so the enemies can't retreat fully
  • Proper use of armour abusing
  • Making your shots count

Lights

• Spotting in general, spotting areas
  • When to be a minimed
  • When to yolo
  • When to not yolo

I can also go through the actual mechanics of the game with you if you want to, like vision (including camo) and help you out with other things like crew skills and equipment/loadouts and what to use for what purpose. 

It's completely free of charge but if you wanna shitgift/gudgift me shit I won't say no :^)

Me me pick me senpai!

I've mostly dragged myself up from 500 WN8 shitterdom by my own efforts but I'm struggling to break 1800 recent. I need to work on my consistency and would love someone to yell at me when I do tomato things.

I would also love to have camo explained to me because I'm dumb as shit and can't wrap my head around it. I've rocked up behind the same bush on the same map in a light tank, been spotted, taken fire, not spotted anything back (despite maxed view range and camo crew) yet I've done the same thing in a heavy, spotted people, fired killed and heard the lamentations of their women and not been spotted at all.

I would love to get the chance of some mentoring.
I need to improve my decision making and when to be agressive and patient.

Got plenty of T10 meds + heavies + TS installed with mic.

I would love to join for some mentoring. I rejoined WoT after long break and trying to get better in playing.

I enjoy meds and lights though they tend to be less consistent. For some reason I have quite big problems with heavies... 

I'm trying not to rush to tier X but rather get good on the road with lower tiers.

For meds I got available T20, A44 (which is damn not easy tank) and some premiums like t-54 prototype

For LTs wz-131 (this one i love), amx 13 75, vk 28.01

For HT T32, AMX 50 100

TS and mic available :-)

Yo fellas, I've been mentoring a few people recently, and I like them raising my E-peen of how good I am

MIC FOR TS NEEDED

What I'm good at and will go through with you if possible:

Medium tanks (if you play them), and how to be aggressive in them (this is such a large subject that it's likely I'll just brush the surface and give you a clue of what it actually is, and then figuring out on your own)

• Map awareness, situational awareness and initial deployment/positioning in general
  • Autoloaders, what do to in them and when to use your clip
  • Keeping your gun hot
  • When to push/when to retreat and why

Heavies

• Initial deployment (very important)
  • Timing reloads within brawls (I.E poking the second your gun is reloaded so the enemies can't retreat fully
  • Proper use of armour abusing
  • Making your shots count

Lights

• Spotting in general, spotting areas
  • When to be a minimed
  • When to yolo
  • When to not yolo

I can also go through the actual mechanics of the game with you if you want to, like vision (including camo) and help you out with other things like crew skills and equipment/loadouts and what to use for what purpose. 

It's completely free of charge but if you wanna shitgift/gudgift me shit I won't say no :^)

I will take you up on that. Posted a while ago about getting mentored and the things you mention in your post is just the things I need to improve on. My stats are improving day by day and when I found LABS I had like 400 WN8 and 46% winrate... Been getting a lot of help here on the forums and from a clan member of yours (Xmenxmen2) who is awesome, helpful and really fun to platoon with. I figure that the more input I can get from different players the better and also I see this as an opportunity to not spam poor Xmen too much (I actually don't spam) as I know he has a lot with his University etc. Mic and TS works is available for me. 

A little about what I've analysed so far and the things I think I need to improve on:

• Situational Awareness - Most often I realise that it's been a while since I watched the minimap and by that time it's most often to late to do something about it. I also realise that I don't use the information provided as good as it could be used, not understanding the flow, realising if we're winning a flank or not etc.
  • Aggressiveness - I play extremely agressive, mostly due to impatience but also because I like fast paced games. I want to learn when to be aggressive and when to pull back and take the safe path.
  • When to retreat/reposition - I've come so far as to sometimes notice that I need to reposition as we are getting overwhelmed but I often relocate to worse positions.
  • Light tanks - Having issues with consistently doing well in tanks like the 13 90. I often think I'm the one spotting to realise it actually isn't me spotting... Doing damage and surviving is getting way better in this tank but I want to be of more use to my team especially in the first minutes without dying.
  • Keeping my gun hot is the nr 1 factor to why I'm only averaging 1K DPG... I know I can double this if I learn how to keep my gun hot. I figure this has a lot to do with positioning and being proactive instead of reactive but I'm eager to learn how. 

Looking forward to taking some lessons :)

heey yung, teach me master! I can use some help

Hey1

I'm in dire need of help. I feel my map and situational awareness sucks and that gets me killed way too often in faster tanks.

Yep, sign me up.

Especially need help in my obj140.  I just don't seem able to get the tank to work for me ...

is it bad i  read your name as koni? 

I'ma going to hell now

KOLNI 2015 confirmed, KONY 2012 nothing against that

snip

snip

snip

I am a fag 

snip

snip

snip

I'll holla at you all via friend reqs!

KrVa, My current DPG in the 140 is around 3500, I might suggest that you go look through TCAmir's replays for total ridiculousness when it comes to the 140

however I'm gladly teaching my RU-med ways :)

Also: i have literally the worst temper alive, be prepared for sudden RQ screams

heey yung, teach me master! I can use some help

cannot tell if srs or not srs :(

if you are i'll gladly be of service though

Can you teach me how to not be bad like you?

I can teach you the Pocktio way:

get mad that Yung_Lean outdamages you all the time and call it damagestealing instead of carrying and develop a grudge where you ultimately try to harass the subject in a futile attempt to think you're better than him when you aren't even superuni recent <3

How to be bad the Yung Lean way:

Yell at Pocktio in TS for being bad and get so frustrated with Pocktios shit plays that you as well start playing poorly

may or may not inquire 0.5 RQ/PG

First mentoring session today, went pretty well :D

The format will be that I send out mentoring plat invites whenever I have the time, and it'll be first come first serve, and I can go with two people at a time unless it's something very specific you want input on that requires a lot of guidance.

I jumped on the bandwagon today, we played several games together. Now I actually regret thinking that Constie is Mr.Sexii, I'm quite sure Kolni beats that by a mile lel. <3

giphy.gif

So yea, consider me IN! I'll gladly do it more often.

And btw, that game we lost on South Coast to that E75, I actually think it was a mistake for me to push, cause Vintage got shot by that Borsig so I had to keep that in mind when I moved in.

Yes I am serious!

Kolni, after meeting you on that damned Fjord map (and playing like a tomato), I have been TKed, Artied 3 times, and overall gone on tilt for the rest of the evening.

Would you care to add me to the list of people to mentor a bit? after WW's mentoring, I had found a good rythm of play, but I seem to have lost it a bit.

I jumped on the bandwagon today, we played several games together. Now I actually regret thinking that Constie is Mr.Sexii, I'm quite sure Kolni beats that by a mile lel. <3

giphy.gif

So yea, consider me IN! I'll gladly do it more often.

And btw, that game we lost on South Coast to that E75, I actually think it was a mistake for me to push, cause Vintage got shot by that Borsig so I had to keep that in mind when I moved in.

Yes I am serious!

Kolni, after meeting you on that damned Fjord map (and playing like a tomato), I have been TKed, Artied 3 times, and overall gone on tilt for the rest of the evening.

Would you care to add me to the list of people to mentor a bit? after WW's mentoring, I had found a good rythm of play, but I seem to have lost it a bit.

I'll put you all in then, sweet

I can recommend this guy so much.

He took me under his wings like a month or two ago (has it been that long really?!) Hes a good player and good explainer, hes fun to be around with and play with. we have so much fun on ts when we play and hes always up for answering your questions and say "gj" whenever you've done something great :D Hes quickly becoming a great friend of mine.

Before i met him I was proud of having barely 1200 greenie sessions. In my Obj.140 I was doing about 1300 past month(before i met him). Now I see my monthly in obj 140 nearing 2k wn8 and im reguarly and iif not disappointed if i dont have at least 1500 wn8 sessions. Ive got a lot to improve on like situational awareness but ive come  far with his help and im thankful for that so for anyone reading this(that needs mentoring) definitely give him a try.

(yay my overall has become green!! Thanks Yung especially)

I can recommend this guy so much.

He took me under his wings like a month or two ago (has it been that long really?!) Hes a good player and good explainer, hes fun to be around with and play with. we have so much fun on ts when we play and hes always up for answering your questions and say "gj" whenever you've done something great :D Hes quickly becoming a great friend of mine.

Before i met him I was proud of having barely 1200 greenie sessions. In my Obj.140 I was doing about 1300 past month(before i met him). Now I see my monthly in obj 140 nearing 2k wn8 and im reguarly and iif not disappointed if i dont have at least 1500 wn8 sessions. Ive got a lot to improve on like situational awareness but ive come  far with his help and im thankful for that so for anyone reading this(that needs mentoring) definitely give him a try.

(yay my overall has become green!! Thanks Yung especially)

Glad to see that you're improving! :)

Glad to see that you're improving! :)

dude i spam you the second you are online, you know how much improvement im making :D Im making sure you don't miss a second of it! muhahaha

That E75 game once again, remember that SU122 that couldn't kill him? xD

cNqhWCA.jpg

That E75 game once again, remember that SU122 that couldn't kill him? xD

cNqhWCA.jpg

So this game was a 1500 HP bot E 75 vs an SU-152, SU-122-44, T69, an IS and AMX 12t, and they all went one by one and the AMX 12t failed to circle him (how can you not just hold W and D at the same time?) and he got a free kolobanovs ;_;