Sign in to follow this  
Garbad

Garbad reviews the LTTB

Best t7 scout?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Best t7 scout?

• Walker Bulldog - endless apcr spam
    • T71 - tiny autoloading lolboom
    • WZ-132 - medium firepower on an actual soviet wedge?
    • LTTB - DPM MODE GO
    • AMX 13 75 - i got nothing. :/
    • AwfulPanther -- fuck the facts \o/
    • Who cares, lights suck ass.

123 posts in this topic

I found it to be pretty poor. Certainly worse than the Bulldog & buffed T71. Probably worse than the WZ-131 too, although my only experience with it has been a few games on Ziddy's account.

The gun depression combined with gun handling that feels more T-44 than T-54 just didn't make for a very good combat light. Certainly is a (very tall) drag car, but in 90% of cases it's not going to mean any performance difference compared to bulldog speed. DPM isn't really any good, I think it's actually below average for a T7 light. Pen was nice, though - and who doesn't love 85mm HE.

I agree, its worse than each of those 3.  Despite that, I gave it an average rating because the tier 7 scouts, despite my earlier hate, are actually somewhat decent in general.  I also disagree on the speed -- outrunning other scouts to a key spot is pretty clutch.  Likewise, the depression/height is balls I admit, but the insane DPM has been really quite decent.  Multiple times I've posterized tier 8/9s in a 1v1 brawl just from DPM alone.

P.S.  Stop hating.  T-44 has -7.  -_-

Awe, your poll option for my beloved 1375 makes me sad.  

I'm grinding towards it, and if it outperformed the 1375 for me I'd be thrilled.  

Midpoint! \o/

Replay Pack:  http://www.filedropper.com/replays

Results:

oNZIGk1.jpg

Highlights:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1908408#mountain_pass-garbad_the_weak-lttb

I want to know why this didn't complete the kill/damage/spot 3 cancer mission.  -_-

http://wotreplays.com/site/1910965#highway-garbad_the_weak-lttb

pubbies

http://wotreplays.com/site/1910974#lakeville-garbad_the_weak-lttb

A decent effort to keep a blowout close :/

http://wotreplays.com/site/1910979#malinovka-garbad_the_weak-lttb

Garbad in a scout on campinova wut?  Note my brilliant dogfighting skillz while I shanked the TD but was firing on other targets.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1910983#karelia-garbad_the_weak-lttb

The best part is how badly my team struggles to kill a 600 hp T32 4v1.

JRlSH0z.jpg

Lexi is concerned about what I have become. :/

79.65% MOE at the 50 game mark.  Stats have stayed about the same, rolling along.

This is the most cursed tank I have ever played. nearly every game is tier ten with bots and shitlords on my side vs G/pbkac/otter/bulba on other team. I can't wait to get out of the thing. I am hating so much. Even the 1375 was better for me.

Not sure why this tank is getting so much hate >.> The lack of depression can really troll you, but the speed and agility let you get into passive spotting locations very quickly. It's also a great assassin as it's very capable of hitting and running before the opposing team can react. 

this tank is super fun.  I plan to keep it.  the first 50k xp flew by.  I don't even have a good equipment setup...i'm trying to get LT15.2 with it, so I have lots of vision shit.  I've gotten to 3800 multiple times today...so not getting very close to 5000.  

I don't know how you guys can like this tank sure it is fast but that is about it. It's not even "that" fast compared to the other lights. That gun depresion is just quite frankly shit and the gun is bad anyway especially as there is no vstab. Even the bulldog can run vstab but the lttb can't? 

The best I can say about this tank is that it is OK!

I like it, but with its 3 degrees of depression it has a serious skyshooting disorder...

LTTB does real well in those early scout vs scout shootouts, especially if you use HE. Potential 300 dmg every 5.4 secs if you pen, plus extra prob of module damage, crew kills, etc. Its great to see a 1390 or T49 closing in and drop that on him.

Also great for killing arty of course, I love the smell of Pasuccis when playing the LTTB.

Gun depression mitigation is key, but playing Chinese mediums helps

I think the bad gun depression on this tank is so bothersome due to it's height and the long gun.  It's pretty frustrating when you add in moving at high speed and bouncing around a lot.  I'm almost done with it though.  I'll be glad to move on to the T-54lw.

I think the bad gun depression on this tank is so bothersome due to it's height and the long gun.  It's pretty frustrating when you add in moving at high speed and bouncing around a lot.  I'm almost done with it though.  I'll be glad to move on to the T-54lw.

how does the long gun hurt?

Shells come from the base of the gun, not the end, so the size/shape of the barrel are just cosmetic.

With that said, yes, the gun depression and height of the tank itself completely ruin it for me. The tank is hilarious incompetent at things scouts generally like to do, like dancing around opponents and sidehugging. This is immensely crippling if you're a fan of autoaim (which is completely reasonable to use when flanking in a light) because suddenly you're skipping off engine decks all the goddamn time. Unless you're on a road, firing on the move is a complete crapshoot too - the smallest little rise in terrain will throw your gun above your opponent.

This is the sort of tank that you'll like if your LT gameplay mostly consists of static medium-to-long range shots and frantic active scouting runs. It's good at these things. If you do a lot of circling, passive vision control, and on-the-move combat, it's one of the worst T7 lights.

Shells come from the base of the gun, not the end, so the size/shape of the barrel are just cosmetic.

With that said, yes, the gun depression and height of the tank itself completely ruin it for me. The tank is hilarious incompetent at things scouts generally like to do, like dancing around opponents and sidehugging. This is immensely crippling if you're a fan of autoaim (which is completely reasonable to use when flanking in a light) because suddenly you're skipping off engine decks all the goddamn time. Unless you're on a road, firing on the move is a complete crapshoot too - the smallest little rise in terrain will throw your gun above your opponent.

This is the sort of tank that you'll like if your LT gameplay mostly consists of static medium-to-long range shots and frantic active scouting runs. It's good at these things. If you do a lot of circling, passive vision control, and on-the-move combat, it's one of the worst T7 lights.

No, its still average.  The shitlord pen autoloaders are worse.  That really only leaves the US lights and WZ-131 better.

It might sit in the middle if you're going to rate the LTs, but considering two of the tanks that are worse than it (Type 62, Awful) are about to be buffed/removed, the tank is quickly heading toward being bottom of the pack. T7 lights in general are already garbage, congratulating the LTTB for being only middle of the pack is like congratulating a dark red for not being a bot.

Regardless, I meant more that the LTTB is one of the worst T7 lights if that's what your gameplay consists of. The 13 75 (and 13 57) is much better at circling and passive vision control than the LTTB, despite being a worse tank overall.

Edited by Rexxie

You're being unfairly racist against lights.  While never good in the sense of being equal to a medium, the power creeped lights are reasonably effective.  Is the LTTB really that much shitter than a T-34-2, T-44, IP, or so on?

You're being unfairly racist against lights.  While never good in the sense of being equal to a medium, the power creeped lights are reasonably effective.  Is the LTTB really that much shitter than a T-34-2, T-44, IP, or so on?

Yes it is shittier, and I love me some light tanks. 

T-44 has workable depression, and the 34-2 has alpha and better armor. IP has good dpm/depression. The only LT's I would rate as good as tier 8 meds are the Bulldog, T71, and WZ 131. 

Yes, I think so. It's not as mammoth as a gap as it could be, though; T8 meds aren't exactly carrymachines. Substitute the T-34-2/T-44/etc with the IS-3/T32/etc. and yes, the LTTB is horrific. Obviously there's more to it than that, but T7 LTs are reasonably more shitty than T8 MTs, which are poor compared to (most) T8 TDs or HTs.

Edited by Rexxie

Eh, we are saying the same things.  All agree t8 hvy > t8 medium > t7 light, generally speaking.  But a t7 light dominates on a vision/camo map, even against higher tiers (say ~20% of maps, even still).  And even in a typical corridor brawl, the t7 medium is not THAT much worse than a t8 medium.  For example my 131 averaged 1800 dpg, my CDC is like 2100.  My LTTB put out ~1625, my T-34-2 put out 2k.

They are similarish in power and role, and that's not that insane of a gap.

P.S.  However, they need buffs to pen and HP, and if needed tone down agility.

Tier 7 seems to be the worst tier for scouts as they get pretty much the same mm as tier 8 scouts get.

Tier 7 seems to be the worst tier for scouts as they get pretty much the same mm as tier 8 scouts get.

That is not my experience at all.  My Tier 7 lights get plenty of tier 8 matches.  Tier 8 lights don't get to pick on tier 6 tanks.  

---

Eh, we are saying the same things.  All agree t8 hvy > t8 medium > t7 light, generally speaking.

Doesn't the speed and camo for the tier 7 light scale better into tier 10 matches?  Armor becomes less relevant, and speed stays relevant.  

I'd agree that the IS-3 and T-44 are better than the LTTB in a tier 8, but I'd rather have the LTTB at tier 10.  

That is not my experience at all.  My Tier 7 lights get plenty of tier 8 matches.  Tier 8 lights don't get to pick on tier 6 tanks.  

---

Doesn't the speed and camo for the tier 7 light scale better into tier 10 matches?  Armor becomes less relevant, and speed stays relevant.  

I'd agree that the IS-3 and T-44 are better than the LTTB in a tier 8, but I'd rather have the LTTB at tier 10.  

I'd rather punch myself in the dick and go back to garage.

Yeah, but tier 7 lights have to fight at tier 10 so they get the full +3 mm where tier 8 lights only get +2 mm.