Sign in to follow this  
Garbad

Garbad reviews the LTTB

Best t7 scout?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Best t7 scout?

• Walker Bulldog - endless apcr spam
    • T71 - tiny autoloading lolboom
    • WZ-132 - medium firepower on an actual soviet wedge?
    • LTTB - DPM MODE GO
    • AMX 13 75 - i got nothing. :/
    • AwfulPanther -- fuck the facts \o/
    • Who cares, lights suck ass.

123 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Purple_Prose said:

Tried it. No luck. :(

Short of hunting him down on the AW forums and asking him to repost them, I doubt we're ever gonna see them again, which is a real shame going by the guides that still exist.

Bully @Rexxie about it. Pretty sure he once threatened to have saved Garbad's posts before he deleted them

On 10/4/2016 at 6:20 AM, Fulvin said:

Garbad retaliated by editing most of his useful posts to garbage like that after he got banned

Which isn't surprising considering his content as whole package.

I do have a number of guides saved (at Garbad's own request), but last time I tried posting them, he threw a fit. If he wants all his content deleted that badly, he can be my guest.

I miss his ability to get this forum riled up. It was much more fun visiting this place back then.

21 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I do have a number of guides saved (at Garbad's own request), but last time I tried posting them, he threw a fit. If he wants all his content deleted that badly, he can be my guest.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to send them my way? Since they aren't doing any good sitting on your hard drive, and I'm curious about what he has to say, antiquated meta or not.

Necrophilia alert

So, I have this in my garage now, along with a BC 12t and a Bulldog.  I know its a little soon, but is there any reason why I would choose this as my go-to tier 8 SH light tank? Other than a little bit of armor, it looks inferior to the bulldog in every way.

I just find it much easier to do damage and influence matches in the LTTB.  From the stats, it should be maybe the worst of the T8 LTs, but it just fills the role of assassin tank so naturally for me.  It shoots very well on the move, in my experience.  I'm always flexing across maps in it. And the troll bounces.....

I'm pretty close to selling the Bulldog, even though I like it in some ways better than the GF, as it's hard to justify bringing a T8 LT knife to a T10 gunfight, but I think the LTTB will stay in my garage for a bit.  

The only reason I'd keep the Bulldog is to grind the T49 (I never did before).  But if I really didn't want that particular brand of derpishness at T8, I'm not sure why I'd want it at T9, and I can't think of any reason to grind and buy any T10 LT.  

The problem with the tier 7 lights promoted to tier 8 - after all the discussion on VR -  is the alpha: 170 / 180 doesnt cut it at tier 8. It just takes too many shots to have an impact on the battle. Fast reload is nice but it means you have to expose when still lit if you want to use the dpm.  

Overall I think Bulldog and LTTB are both weak now, compared to any t8 medium anyways.

27 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

The problem with the tier 7 lights promoted to tier 8 - after all the discussion on VR -  is the alpha: 170 / 180 doesnt cut it at tier 8. It just takes too many shots to have an impact on the battle. Fast reload is nice but it means you have to expose when still lit if you want to use the dpm.  

Overall I think Bulldog and LTTB are both weak now, compared to any t8 medium anyways.

But it was never top tier in tier 7 anyways, so the LTTB was buffed and has better MM (new 3/5/7...) yet you think it is worst than before, if anything its much better

Interesting. I liked the LTTB back in the day when grinding it, but sold it. Just got it back for free after the changes because of the 54ltw in garage, was wondering if it's worth gearing up and trying again. I have a crew that i can use in it. 

Also grinding the wz132 - not sure if its worth keeping now that the higher tiers exist, I only have one Chinese light crew. If Crab says it's the best I'll give it some thought!

28 minutes ago, GotTank said:

Also grinding the wz132 - not sure if its worth keeping now that the higher tiers exist, I only have one Chinese light crew. If Crab says it's the best I'll give it some thought!

From what i've seen so far it's probably better tier for tier than either of those above. That being said i can't help but think WG may do some balance tweaks to a few of the lights at some point so this could change. I'm quietly hoping that whoever thought 0.42 accuracy was good for the game goes back to boats or something.

3 hours ago, GotTank said:

Interesting. I liked the LTTB back in the day when grinding it, but sold it. Just got it back for free after the changes because of the 54ltw in garage, was wondering if it's worth gearing up and trying again. I have a crew that i can use in it. 

The LTTB fun factor is higher. I kept my 132 around to 3 mark, but moved up the crew to grind out the 132A. More zoom and lols with Russia tanks than Chinese though.

Is there a "secret" to this thing as to why so many players I've run into recently seem to shoot nothing but HE from it? 

Might just be one of those weird streaks, but I've run into a bunch of these things that seem to shoot my 54LT and T40 with HE, and the number of shots they fire would seem to indicate that they carry a lot of HE. 

38 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Is there a "secret" to this thing as to why so many players I've run into recently seem to shoot nothing but HE from it? 

Might just be one of those weird streaks, but I've run into a bunch of these things that seem to shoot my 54LT and T40 with HE, and the number of shots they fire would seem to indicate that they carry a lot of HE. 

LTTB has unusually high HE damage compared to AP, 300 vs 180 and generally enough pen for other LT's

Seems like a waste of ammo space to me since 44 pen is still only 44 pen.

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

LTTB has unusually high HE damage compared to AP, 300 vs 180 and generally enough pen for other LT's

Seems like a waste of ammo space to me since 44 pen is still only 44 pen.

Ah K, hadn't really paid any attention to teh damage, i was just looking at the pen and wondering why so many were using it vs my lights.

Could just be one of those random things, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Ah K, hadn't really paid any attention to teh damage, i was just looking at the pen and wondering why so many were using it vs my lights.

Pubbies love their HE. I just angle a bit so that their autoaim HE spam generally hits my frontwheel for mediocre damage. Its best to stick to AP when facing other LT's. 1 shot not penetrating is the difference between living and dying at times.

I load some HE in the LTTB, maybe 4-6. It's less for LT duels and more for borsigs and skorps and arty. I will use it for desperation 1 shots though. The HEP on the M41 90 and RU251 is a lot more useful at 102 pen though. But the LTTB can change or queue ammo so quickly that it's nice to have some on hand for butts and quick dispatch of subhuman TDs.

Edit 2 shotting Hellcats in under 5s is golden.

On 5/12/2017 at 4:23 PM, Canadian_Reaper said:

HE spam is the bread and butter of your average pubbie... but so is sniffing glue.

Bring along some HE (4 or 5 rounds) for those very thinly armored TDs but keep firing AP/APCR at everything else including other light tanks.

I never use HE on LTs, too hard for me to aim well when we are both zipping around. Hit the turret or track and you don't pen :( Each shot matters for sure. Also whenever i do load it for arty and stuff it still doesn't pen sometimes, even broadside. I'm just bad with HE. Still bring a few shells for resets and so forth, or the occasional oblivious RHM/Grille when i have time to set up or he just fired. 

How is this tank compared to the LTG? Camo rating any better? Cause I'm loving the LTG right now.

From the stats it sure looks like this thing can haul ass compared to the LTG
http://tanks.gg/compare/ltg?t=lttb

OMG this tank is a piece of shit. Forget about camo. It's pointless on this tank. I'm better off with BIA for that extra range and firepower.

Sign in to follow this