Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Garbad

Garbad reviews the LTTB

Best t7 scout?   203 members have voted

1. 1. Best t7 scout?

• Walker Bulldog - endless apcr spam
    • T71 - tiny autoloading lolboom
    • WZ-132 - medium firepower on an actual soviet wedge?
    • LTTB - DPM MODE GO
    • AMX 13 75 - i got nothing. :/
    • AwfulPanther -- fuck the facts \o/
    • Who cares, lights suck ass.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

123 posts in this topic

Strange. I remember the LTTB being one of the better light tanks in its tier. With troll armour, very good bloom, decent accuracy for a light and rather nice DPM, I found it rather easy to work with.

On 8/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, lavawing said:

Strange. I remember the LTTB being one of the better light tanks in its tier. With troll armour, very good bloom, decent accuracy for a light and rather nice DPM, I found it rather easy to work with.

You forgot non existent depression. :doge: 

But i agree, it was good T7 light. It can’t be that bad as T8.

It was a blast at tier 7, still pretty dang good at tier 8. It is very much a "W key is OP" scout.. it makes active spotting runs better than almost any other scout. The slim profile is still annoying for people to hit, the only complaint I have for it is the sub par view range for a scout. 

It is still extremely fast with a solid gun.  This thing excels at pushing forward and surprise lighting where the other team usually crosses and GTFO of there. 

Sorry but this tank is shit. Yeah it is good on paper but it flips every time the driver farts. I managed to flip the tank on flat ground going 30kph. On uphills. 3 battles in a row. This tank just cant turn for some fucking reason

On 29/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, hazzgar said:

Sorry but this tank is shit. Yeah it is good on paper but it flips every time the driver farts. I managed to flip the tank on flat ground going 30kph. On uphills. 3 battles in a row. This tank just cant turn for some fucking reason

It's not that bad but it does flip a lot. Alpha is bad even if you shoot a lot you seem do no dmg. 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:58 AM, hazzgar said:

It’s problem that isn’t exclusively LTTB’s. Many tanks have this issue with shitty physics they introduce. 

17 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

It’s problem that isn’t exclusively LTTB’s. Many tanks have this issue with shitty physics they introduce. 

Yeah I know I play lights almost exclusively lately but LTTB is the worst of them all since if you turn at even the slightest incline the LTTB will flip. Other tanks needs an obscale. This just needs not to drive in a straight line. 

I got used to it and it's a very good tank but the camo is WAAAAY worse than I expected. 3 crewmembers at 100% camo, soon will train it at commander too and 28 camo? Meh.

42 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I got used to it and it's a very good tank but the camo is WAAAAY worse than I expected. 3 crewmembers at 100% camo, soon will train it at commander too and 28 camo? Meh.

I forget where it maxes, maybe 33 or so? It's lower than the Hwk and Bat12t. It's just barely enough once you get big view range. It relies on speed and driving skills to do work.

26 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I forget where it maxes, maybe 33 or so? It's lower than the Hwk and Bat12t. It's just barely enough once you get big view range. It relies on speed and driving skills to do work.

Yeah but many scouting positions are out of question. It's more of a fast med than a true light. Leopard 1 with no gun dep

51 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Yeah but many scouting positions are out of question. It's more of a fast med than a true light. Leopard 1 with no gun dep

I cannot think of any I'd avoid in it...

38 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I cannot think of any I'd avoid in it...

Very agressive positions on lakeville - the bushes close to the middle of the map next to the city - you will get spotted going there. 

It's also easier to get spotted on fiery salient encounter when you rush from your base to cap to spot their heavies going hill. 

I don't use those Lakeville bushes in any LT so no experience there. I feel like most prok runs to the described position are always spotted. It IS tall though.

My biggest complaint is that it rolls too easily, which makes the speed less useful. 

1 hour ago, CraBeatOff said:

I don't use those Lakeville bushes in any LT so no experience there. I feel like most prok runs to the described position are always spotted. It IS tall though.

I can easily rush to that position on prok in my 13 57 and 13 105 without getting spotted (though 13 105 requires no meds rushing mid). I do that run reliably in china prem lights too.

As for lakeville mid bush - it was useful right after the patch. It depends on the current server meta and where pubbies go. By the way - where do you go on lakeville?

As for other areas where it's spotted I think there is one bush directly in the middle of redshire where it can't go. Though it's an untested area for me. I've tried it like 5 times in the 13 105 but when your team doesn't choke on their own snot it can work magic. Saw some pubbies do it and strangely may work

On 12/25/2017 at 0:49 AM, hazzgar said:

Very agressive positions on lakeville - the bushes close to the middle of the map next to the city - you will get spotted going there. 

It's also easier to get spotted on fiery salient encounter when you rush from your base to cap to spot their heavies going hill. 

You have just had opponents with better viewrange/better positioning, little bit of camo differences do not make some positions viable/unviable.  Playing with camo calculator, LTTB gets spotted 19m earlier compared to 13-90. But as 13-90 is tier higher tank, it also faces higher view range opponents so guess they have about equivalent camo really.

6 hours ago, sahtila said:

You have just had opponents with better viewrange/better positioning, little bit of camo differences do not make some positions viable/unviable.  Playing with camo calculator, LTTB gets spotted 19m earlier compared to 13-90. But as 13-90 is tier higher tank, it also faces higher view range opponents so guess they have about equivalent camo really.

A not fully vision kitten tier9 Patton with 480 view range spots the LTTB at 337 vs 312 so it's a 25m difference.

Also you underestimate how big of a difference 25m is. It's a few tank lengths and in some cases it's the difference between having to choose a safe route around something vs the shortest route. I really feel the difference beteen the camo on my lttb and my amx 13 57, 105 and a few others.

21 hours ago, hazzgar said:

A not fully vision kitten tier9 Patton with 480 view range spots the LTTB at 337 vs 312 so it's a 25m difference.

Also you underestimate how big of a difference 25m is. It's a few tank lengths and in some cases it's the difference between having to choose a safe route around something vs the shortest route. I really feel the difference beteen the camo on my lttb and my amx 13 57, 105 and a few others.

25m does not break or make if you can use some spot on map. Its nothing compared to how much your opponent view ranges can differ. Bad/newish enemy scout/medium/heavy tank player with no optics equipped vs good player with optics and food makes much larger difference than 25m. For example: M41 bulldog using casual player setup, no food, no optics, no crew skills: 400m view range. Same tank just with food + optics: 459m. Or even worse, someone doing scouting missions with binocs, +120m spotting range compared to base setup. So just by enemy scout having bit different setup can make  60m-120m or more spotting range difference, impossible to predict unless you run xvm and make educated quesses.

Like I said, 13-90 and especially 13-105 face on average lot better view range enemies so effectively LTTB has just as good or better camo agaist its average opponent.

Also depends luck if you can use positions. For example Lakeville spot you mention, is that north spawn scouting spot where you go behind rock/bush E6? If it is, its totally countered by opponent scout using the best south spawn scout position behind house in G6. Also, passive spotter in middle road bush (F4) will  probably spot you going E6 pretty easily unless you can keep rock/bush between you and expected enemy spotter while approaching your own scouting spot... I thing it was possible in E6 spot but not sure. Lakeville is fun scout map, soo many options and counteroptions though usually not best for pure numbers.

1 hour ago, sahtila said:

25m does not break or make if you can use some spot on map. Its nothing compared to how much your opponent view ranges can differ. Bad/newish enemy scout/medium/heavy tank player with no optics equipped vs good player with optics and food makes much larger difference than 25m. For example: M41 bulldog using casual player setup, no food, no optics, no crew skills: 400m view range. Same tank just with food + optics: 459m. Or even worse, someone doing scouting missions with binocs, +120m spotting range compared to base setup. So just by enemy scout having bit different setup can make  60m-120m or more spotting range difference, impossible to predict unless you run xvm and make educated quesses.

Like I said, 13-90 and especially 13-105 face on average lot better view range enemies so effectively LTTB has just as good or better camo agaist its average opponent.

Also depends luck if you can use positions. For example Lakeville spot you mention, is that north spawn scouting spot where you go behind rock/bush E6? If it is, its totally countered by opponent scout using the best south spawn scout position behind house in G6. Also, passive spotter in middle road bush (F4) will  probably spot you going E6 pretty easily unless you can keep rock/bush between you and expected enemy spotter while approaching your own scouting spot... I thing it was possible in E6 spot but not sure. Lakeville is fun scout map, soo many options and counteroptions though usually not best for pure numbers.

Saying 25m doesn't make or break if you can use certain spots on the map is a very faulty assumption since it assumes all spots on maps have the same margin of error. 

Usually you spot your enemies from a certain specific place and you don't differ from it because there is a ledge/a bush/cover you back up to. So you can't go 25m back and still be safe. 

Also very often the problem is getting spotted on the way to some spots. 

And yeah enemy vr matters more but that 25m is RELIABILITY. I still go for certain spots in my LTTB but I get spoted in it on a regular basis when going where while in my BC12t, amx 13 57 this isn't an issue. Being spoted early on means focus but also enemy tanks hiding before your allies can shoot them

Also why the hell are you comparing an LTTB to a tier9 and tier10 light when I'm comparing it to tier 8 tanks? It's not a valid comparison. You can as well compare it to ltractor. Not to mention I still get spotted less in my 13 105. 

Lastly no I don't mean the E6 because E6 is in the middle of the lake on lakeville

1 minute ago, hazzgar said:

Saying 25m doesn't make or break if you can use certain spots on the map is a very faulty assumption since it assumes all spots on maps have the same margin of error. 

Usually you spot your enemies from a certain specific place and you don't differ from it because there is a ledge/a bush/cover you back up to. So you can't go 25m back and still be safe. 

Also very often the problem is getting spotted on the way to some spots. 

And yeah enemy vr matters more but that 25m is RELIABILITY. I still go for certain spots in my LTTB but I get spoted in it on a regular basis when going where while in my BC12t, amx 13 57 this isn't an issue. Being spoted early on means focus but also enemy tanks hiding before your allies can shoot them

Also why the hell are you comparing an LTTB to a tier9 and tier10 light when I'm comparing it to tier 8 tanks? It's not a valid comparison. You can as well compare it to ltractor. Not to mention I still get spotted less in my 13 105. 

Lastly no I don't mean the E6 because E6 is in the middle of the lake on lakeville

I compared LTTB to 13-90/13-105 as you specially mention that you get certain spots easier with 13-105, even though they face opponents with better base view ranges/equipment/crews. If you thing some spot is viable for 13-105 agaisnt tier 10 opponents, then its just as viable for LTTB against tier 8 opponents.

Now if you compared LTTB to other scouts in same tier which has better camo, then surely LTTB is bit weaker in edge cases. But its movement camo is still perfectly fine for scout jobs.

Yes, I meant E7 spot. And behind house spot is G7, not G6. You did not understand it from context? Really?

1 minute ago, sahtila said:

I compared LTTB to 13-90/13-105 as you specially mention that you get certain spots easier with 13-105, even though they face opponents with better base view ranges/equipment/crews. If you thing some spot is viable for 13-105 agaisnt tier 10 opponents, then its just as viable for LTTB against tier 8 opponents.

Now if you compared LTTB to other scouts in same tier which has better camo, then surely LTTB is bit weaker in edge cases. But its movement camo is still perfectly fine for scout jobs.

Yes, I meant E7 spot. And behind house spot is G7, not G6. You did not understand it from context? Really?

Not according to my observations which I value more than on paper theorizing with picking and choosing what is important

1 minute ago, hazzgar said:

Not according to my observations which I value more than on paper theorizing with picking and choosing what is important

So how many hundred times have you tried spots to get proper sample size?

On 4.01.2018 at 6:45 PM, sahtila said:

So how many hundred times have you tried spots to get proper sample size?

I didn't post this in training room. All I see is that I get spotted less when going to certain positions in my t54lwt than I did in my lttb despite that tank being full tier higher. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0