Yolofessional

Total War: Arena

13 posts in this topic

Afaik it's "only available for eu" If you know what I mean, from what I've "heard" it's basically wot with armies instead of tanks.

Those I have spoken to, who have played it, seem to like it, but not sure of the long-term entertainment value,  Unfortunately, I am North America and don't have access to the Alpha testing.

Pubbie intellect and gameplay in TW? Jesus fuck no.

As UgliElmo said, it's not as bad as you think but kinda.. unlike wot, it's pretty hard to carry alone if not impossible, you sure can influence the battle heavily if you take the right actions at the right time. This means that you will rarely see people wandering off alone, as you progress up the tiers people tend to stick together, the rock,paper scissors interaction is much clearer and easier for players to understand. You will see spears trying to block cavalry or holding choke points, archers killing other archers before killing other units,etc.

Also, "tooning" imo has a much higher impact in this game, you can party up to 4 players with 12 units out of total of 30, crushing flanks like this is actually pretty easy.

Unfortunately, I am North America and don't have access to the Alpha testing.

it's "only available for eu" If you know what I mean

emphasis on "only available for eu" aka there's no ip block. :^)

lol I didn't catch that! Will check into it. It's quite easy to get around the regional ip requirement if you look into it. :)

The interesting part of Total War Multiplayer, over the years, is your team of 4 players is only as good as the weakest of the bunch. Realizing who this is, and exploiting it, is normally the mey to winning. One person cannot carry as in WoT. I imagine with Arena this is even more the case. One teammate not fullfilling his roll, could cause your entire team to rout. Though, I pretty much know most of the top players, from having played with them when they were new and learning the game, so I could easily put together a good team. However, it isn't as much fun to run over the enemy team like it is in WoT. :)

Hey, I started playing this game it is quite fun and was hoping there are some of you out there to ease the pain of solo or duo play. Having a party of four to play with sounds like it would be quite fun and definitely team shifting considering the game is 10 vs 10 currently at tier 4-5!  

Username:  SmyleeRage 

There's a beta invite code out now for anyone interested.

PLAYTWA

Can input it via the tanks portal as per other codes and you will get an invite sent to your email addy.

Played two games, you get PvE only for the first 2 or 3 tiers, seems interesting, as per above it's basically WoT except you control 3 "armies" at once in a top down RTS type game. The tier system, unit upgrades, consumables and economy etc appear to be WoT clone through and through.

Oh and they have artillery so....