Fyreon

Fyreon's replays | 5k+ recent

182 posts in this topic

Man i wished that you stream ever since i watched your replay pack that batgurl recorded for youtube. Keep up the good work and thx for streams, i find it really helpfull.

13 games in the E50M and Leopard 1 from today and yesterday I think. Averaged 6k damage in those games.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7p9d94stqm4gbbj

Most of these games can also be seen in the lastest VOD along with some other incomplete games in Leopard 1 and E50M. Averaged 5k damage during today's stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126873715

On 4-3-2017 at 2:36 PM, ProxyCentauri said:

Well personnaly speaking I still don't really like to play the Maus even in its current state. Too often I have the idea that the battle is running away from me and that results in me making stupid plays. Though when you get the right map for that tank, it is awesome. You are right that if you get such a platoon you should win a lot, but then again you should with most platoon compositions. I guess in some cases it is a little bit easier or harder, but I am probably not the right person to say as this as I don't platoon that often.

Well done on your Kolobanov's! That is always a hard medal to get

On 6.3.2017 at 11:00 PM, Fyreon said:

13 games in the E50M and Leopard 1 from today and yesterday I think. Averaged 6k damage in those games.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7p9d94stqm4gbbj

Most of these games can also be seen in the lastest VOD along with some other incomplete games in Leopard 1 and E50M. Averaged 5k damage during today's stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/126873715

Very interesting games. I have found a particular fascination for assault mode play in meds. Assault generates bias, with a potential advantage to
the defending team on most maps. 
Whenever a player like you is given Sand River defence in a tier x med it is not a question about winning. Its almost a give-away. Not so the other
way around. In attack mode on Sand River you do a 9k dmg game in Leo. All the damage done is with positive expectation, you take huge risks
for your team and spot for them in the only viable but very risky central part of the map while dishing out dmg. In addition it has to be said
that the team comps were extremely favorable for a Leo. No shit barns, no deathstars, no clickers.
Yet with an almost flawless 9k game you were on the verge of loosing. Due to clumsy teammates and the critical time limit of 10 mins who
99% of the players greatly underestimate.
Illustratingly enough, the only player that really is helpful to you is a tier 8 110 of all candidates. He is the first to enter gully and take hits for
his team, he is the first to enter cap when you ping it in the closing stages and makes it possible for the team to win.
If WG bothers to gather intel about why Sand River assault is broken, I believe this game illustrates it perfectly.

Your Erlenberg assault games were also interesting and they show the essence of time problems both when attacking and defending.
In one defence game of yours the game was essentially won after 2 mins due to extremely clumsy and hestitant enemy play.
Your problem again was to try to rack up some decent dmg without overextending due to enemys lack of will to control any part of the map.

IMO the most interesting game were one where you are in Erlenberg attack mode. To me it seems that you have an inclination of going 1-2 line
when attacking and do the job from there. The major part of your team went there so you cannot be criticized for going there. I have a personal theory
that both teams at least when the comp is favorable regarding hill fights should duel it out on cap side and not 1-2 line. For the attacking team
this can be especially favorable because you can potentially save so much time. If you manage to actually clear out enemy on cap side
you have the luxury of controlling the cap and can if necessary start capping. 
When you win 1-2- sooner or later you have to do the dreaded river pass one way or another and even some tanks down I have found this
pretty easy to defend against. In defence you always chose to stay at cap side btw.

You lost simply because your team ran out of time. Dmg-wise you did fine but you didnt have the time to finish the work.
Lately with that team distribution I am pretty sure I would have played the tail-back role on cap side always ready to retreat. Sure, most likely
with so few of your team on cap side they will eventually die-but not you. And with some luck you get some free dmg and even manage to
invite enemy over the river so your kemping collegues in castle can help.
In that game you must take part of the blame for loosing because you spent too much time scavenging and looking for sniping shots.
In a regular game or encounter that might have worked out fine. But in this case you simply didnt have the time.
Could be interesting to hear your views on that.

Again , thanks for sharing these games. Apart from streams they are my personal gems these days

On 3/13/2017 at 1:47 PM, ProxyCentauri said:

Very interesting games. I have found a particular fascination for assault mode play in meds. Assault generates bias, with a potential advantage to
the defending team on most maps. 
Whenever a player like you is given Sand River defence in a tier x med it is not a question about winning. Its almost a give-away. Not so the other
way around. In attack mode on Sand River you do a 9k dmg game in Leo. All the damage done is with positive expectation, you take huge risks
for your team and spot for them in the only viable but very risky central part of the map while dishing out dmg. In addition it has to be said
that the team comps were extremely favorable for a Leo. No shit barns, no deathstars, no clickers.
Yet with an almost flawless 9k game you were on the verge of loosing. Due to clumsy teammates and the critical time limit of 10 mins who
99% of the players greatly underestimate.
Illustratingly enough, the only player that really is helpful to you is a tier 8 110 of all candidates. He is the first to enter gully and take hits for
his team, he is the first to enter cap when you ping it in the closing stages and makes it possible for the team to win.
If WG bothers to gather intel about why Sand River assault is broken, I believe this game illustrates it perfectly.

I agree with you that Sand River heavily favors the defending side. The middle is such a strong position on that map from which you can control the 2 attacking routes that the attackers have. Plus you can spot the camping tanks on the ridges. As an attacker you can only hope to get some damage on the camping tanks on the ridges and then push the 9-0 line which is in my opinion the best way to win. Sometimes it is also possible to push through the middle of the map, but only if they have very few tanks there.

If there is arty present, it becomes almost impossible to win as an attacker. Arty can just negate any offensive moves on that map. Especially, since you need to cross quite a bit of distance before you are somewhat artysafe.

On 3/13/2017 at 1:47 PM, ProxyCentauri said:

Your Erlenberg assault games were also interesting and they show the essence of time problems both when attacking and defending.
In one defence game of yours the game was essentially won after 2 mins due to extremely clumsy and hestitant enemy play.
Your problem again was to try to rack up some decent dmg without overextending due to enemys lack of will to control any part of the map.

IMO the most interesting game were one where you are in Erlenberg attack mode. To me it seems that you have an inclination of going 1-2 line
when attacking and do the job from there. The major part of your team went there so you cannot be criticized for going there. I have a personal theory
that both teams at least when the comp is favorable regarding hill fights should duel it out on cap side and not 1-2 line. For the attacking team
this can be especially favorable because you can potentially save so much time. If you manage to actually clear out enemy on cap side
you have the luxury of controlling the cap and can if necessary start capping. 
When you win 1-2- sooner or later you have to do the dreaded river pass one way or another and even some tanks down I have found this
pretty easy to defend against. In defence you always chose to stay at cap side btw.

You lost simply because your team ran out of time. Dmg-wise you did fine but you didnt have the time to finish the work.
Lately with that team distribution I am pretty sure I would have played the tail-back role on cap side always ready to retreat. Sure, most likely
with so few of your team on cap side they will eventually die-but not you. And with some luck you get some free dmg and even manage to
invite enemy over the river so your kemping collegues in castle can help.
In that game you must take part of the blame for loosing because you spent too much time scavenging and looking for sniping shots.
In a regular game or encounter that might have worked out fine. But in this case you simply didnt have the time.
Could be interesting to hear your views on that.

Again , thanks for sharing these games. Apart from streams they are my personal gems these days

Erlenberg assualt as defender can be really easy to win. If you can quickly steamroll the eastern side and then go the bridges, it becomes almost impossible for the attackers to breach through. However, this does not mean that is easy to rack up damage, since the attackers tend to camp quite hard as well. This is what I usually do when defending myself.

When attacking, I indeed tend to favor 1-2 line. I feel like this area of the map favors the attackers and most of the time you have support from your team there. After that, I usually move to the middle bridge or the southern bridge and take it from there. It is indeede quite easy to counter these plays. However in case of the middle bridge I feel like you have to have tanks there in order to counter that move. From the middle you can easily spot the campers on the ridges and force them back while having enough cover yourself.

One thing that I think I need to try more is going middle, when attacking, in mediums maybe. If you get there quickly, you can get shots on the heavies that try to go 1-2 line and also help the other side. When your team has won the 1-2 line, it also saves you some time/trouble to cross one of the bridges. I tried this sometimes with I guess varying results, since I don't do it too often.

Since I don't have a client installed on this PC, I can not review that particular game that you are talking about.

Right, ok. Tnx for the reply mate always a joy to watch you

Yesterday I finally had some decent games again after a horrible weekend. Played some M48 Patton on stream and averaged about 5.5k damage. I put the link to the VOD here, but I can upload the replays if needed as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/130016862

On 3/6/2017 at 9:33 PM, Gr1nch_1 said:

Man i wished that you stream ever since i watched your replay pack that batgurl recorded for youtube. Keep up the good work and thx for streams, i find it really helpfull.

Thanks! Well I never thought there would be an audience that would want to watch me play as there already loads of streamers out there.

19 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Right, ok. Tnx for the reply mate always a joy to watch you

You are welcome! Hope it was somewhat useful

7 hours ago, Fyreon said:

Thanks! Well I never thought there would be an audience that would want to watch me play as there already loads of streamers out there.

Keep em coming man:) There is always an audience for top level play.

On 3/20/2017 at 7:32 PM, Fyreon said:

Erlenberg assualt as defender can be really easy to win. If you can quickly steamroll the eastern side and then go the bridges, it becomes almost impossible for the attackers to breach through. However, this does not mean that is easy to rack up damage, since the attackers tend to camp quite hard as well. This is what I usually do when defending myself.

When attacking, I indeed tend to favor 1-2 line. I feel like this area of the map favors the attackers and most of the time you have support from your team there. After that, I usually move to the middle bridge or the southern bridge and take it from there. It is indeede quite easy to counter these plays. However in case of the middle bridge I feel like you have to have tanks there in order to counter that move. From the middle you can easily spot the campers on the ridges and force them back while having enough cover yourself.

One thing that I think I need to try more is going middle, when attacking, in mediums maybe. If you get there quickly, you can get shots on the heavies that try to go 1-2 line and also help the other side. When your team has won the 1-2 line, it also saves you some time/trouble to cross one of the bridges. I tried this sometimes with I guess varying results, since I don't do it too often.

Since I don't have a client installed on this PC, I can not review that particular game that you are talking about.

Going mid on erlenberg assault has led to me going mid every time I get that map, irregardless of tank or spawn. It's such a strong position that allows easy spots and side shots into the enemy. Try doing it in erlenberg standard as well, it's alot more fun than brawling it out on the 1/2 imo. 

(never go mid on encounter tho of course :kappaross:

2 hours ago, Va1heru said:

Going mid on erlenberg assault has led to me going mid every time I get that map, irregardless of tank or spawn. It's such a strong position that allows easy spots and side shots into the enemy. Try doing it in erlenberg standard as well, it's alot more fun than brawling it out on the 1/2 imo. 

(never go mid on encounter tho of course :kappaross:

It is a very good position, but I don't like to commit to it at the start of the game. When playing assualt you need to rely on your team to push 1-2 line. Otherwise you might end up in a crossfire from both sides of the map. This is less of a problem when playing encounter or standard mode on that map, since most teams do not heavily commit on both sides for you to get into a crossfire. The thing with the middle is that you can't stay there forever or you end up being shot from multiple angles.

wU7tDLS.png

I managed to get the 121 marks to 100% today even though I started to play it worse than I did before I got the 3 MoE on it. Here are some of my recent games in the 121:

18 games in 121 - 5.2k average damage

https://www.mediafire.com/?t3o4p6a26lb7pta

Fyreon, at what point (how many games) did you start playing consistently at your current level?

So, firstly, I want to congratulate my brother for having been praised by Fyreon in game. :epicsaxguy: 

Fyreon, I thought you were better than this...

Secondly, when you talked about assaulting on Sand river, I have come up with a route that I find is very potent and can negate most of the advantages that the defenders get on this map.

I will explain it now so you can tell me how wrong I am :)

First and main condition is that you are in a faster tank, like Leo 1, RU 251, Batchat, or something. In some cases, I have found that it works even with russian meds, but since they are slower sometimes you get wrecked before you reach the position. It depends on the enemy and how many tanks they send on that line. 

To explain this better I attached a pic so you can see... The red line is your route (don't take it literally I didn't draw it perfect) and the first red dot is the first position that you take. Usually enemy doesn't send all that much there, maybe 1-2 TD's and 1 other tank. I found that in vast majority of cases they become useless once you get underneath them cause your team is ready for sniping. Even alone, I've managed to break that side and then you get to second red dot and from there those 2 positions which I have marked in blueish color become very vulnerable and weak. This all happens very fast since from the start you just drive and you don't stop until you get to the first red dot. Once you're there, no one can shoot you save those TD's who can yolo you, but will be punished heavily in return. On other advantage is that the enemy doesn't expect you to be there so fast. If you have 2 faster tanks to get there early on, you have a really high chance to win that game. 

I've played a lot of games using this tactic and I'm very satisfied how it works. Of course, there are games in which it fails, you don't have anyone in the middle or on the hill as sniper support, or something else happens, but I found that those cases are very rare...

So, I would like to know what you think :)

sandriver.jpg

7 hours ago, IfICouldFly said:

So, firstly, I want to congratulate my brother for having been praised by Fyreon in game. :epicsaxguy: 

Secondly, when you talked about assaulting on Sand river, I have come up with a route that I find is very potent and can negate most of the advantages that the defenders get on this map.

First and main condition is that you are in a faster tank, like Leo 1, RU 251, Batchat, or something. In some cases, I have found that it works even with russian meds, but since they are slower sometimes you get wrecked before you reach the position. It depends on the enemy and how many tanks they send on that line. 

To explain this better I attached a pic so you can see... The red line is your route (don't take it literally I didn't draw it perfect) and the first red dot is the first position that you take. Usually enemy doesn't send all that much there, maybe 1-2 TD's and 1 other tank. I found that in vast majority of cases they become useless once you get underneath them cause your team is ready for sniping. Even alone, I've managed to break that side and then you get to second red dot and from there those 2 positions which I have marked in blueish color become very vulnerable and weak. This all happens very fast since from the start you just drive and you don't stop until you get to the first red dot. Once you're there, no one can shoot you save those TD's who can yolo you, but will be punished heavily in return. On other advantage is that the enemy doesn't expect you to be there so fast. If you have 2 faster tanks to get there early on, you have a really high chance to win that game. 

I've played a lot of games using this tactic and I'm very satisfied how it works. Of course, there are games in which it fails, you don't have anyone in the middle or on the hill as sniper support, or something else happens, but I found that those cases are very rare...

sandriver.jpg

First red dot is a great position if there is no arty, one of my favourite places for Russian meds in the game, with arty? It sucks. 

3 hours ago, Va1heru said:

First red dot is a great position if there is no arty, one of my favourite places for Russian meds in the game, with arty? It sucks. 

Yeah, arty can ruin your day, but I feel that on this map and on attacking team, every route you take is risky and hard to play

20 hours ago, IfICouldFly said:

sandriver.jpg

This is probably the safest/best way to break camps on this map yes, but theres one big problem. If they camp that corner with a few good hulldown tanks you will get raped when crossing to there + you are open to shots from mid when crossing. Yoloing in there blind straightaway is pretty much suicide tho.

Forgive me but how in the holy hell are you getting to your first red dot in one go without getting fucked? My experience on NA is you WILL get TDs at the least camping out on the ridge at F8, F9 or further back at J0 well before you get to E0, let alone your dot at H0

Vernl and Enroh,

Well that's why I said you have to be in a faster tank. If you are slow you are dead the moment you creep up on that straight open plato before the first red dot.

I know it's risky. Of course it is and there still are games where you fail miserably if the enemy deploys more than a few tanks there, or some light decides to make a run across that open plato. But, however unlikely it may sound, I have found that significantly more times it pays off. Maybe just because the enemy doesn't expect you to do so. I'm tired of all the other tactics I have tried to use. When you go on the other flank at E1 area, you get shot from the middle and it's hard for you to shot back. If you try to make a run towards G1, you again get wrecked from the middle. If you try to take peeks from the middle say E4 or F6, enemy lights constantly light you up from that middle position... Of course, if I'm in a heavy, or slower TD or slower med, I don't use this tactic because of what you said, you will die very quickly. 

I remember this map few years ago, before they changed it to the way it is now, that corner was a lot more popular brawling ground than it is now. Back then every heavy tank would go there and every TD on the defending team would be waiting for them. Now it's different, but I think people still remember those old days too much. 

On 10.4.2017 at 10:29 PM, IfICouldFly said:

sandriver.jpg

I respect your brave move to do smth to break the standard deployment, but as a couple of the guys have mentioned against competent opposition
it is quite easy to wreck you. Sand river assault defence is the most broken map in the game IMO. Due to this I often take of very passive
and defensive positions simply because the enemy will pop up in your sights anyway because they have to deploy quite aggressively(like your move)
to stand any chance to win at all. Usually I seek up the mid spots when in a fast tank. But say I am in a Maus I often go to that corner of yours, especially
if I am initially deployed in pos 1. And I do not need much help then to completely wreck you unless you got 3 focused clickers or smth.
No team in defence will survive 2-3 top meds in your initial pos due to as you point out- permaspotting of middle and most competent players
will realize that. So in a slow heavytank with a large health pool I'd gladly take some hits for the team and negate your play.

well we tried it a couple of times, i wasn't thrilled really,  but it does have potential

you have to go there blind if you want to be there on time, sometimes it works perfectly sometimes you dont get there

it's great  when it works  but you won't get consistent results, 

There are fast tanks and then well fast tanks. You would have to be damn lucky to get there without being spotted which if you are negates your advantage as a light you have very little to offer other than spotting. Assuming there is no arta i tend to think if you get lit your'e fucked. If not you have a chance. I will give it a whirl in an M41 or something and see how it plays out (im not afraid of tryng something new) but i cant see this paying off more than valley strat on lakeville and its VERY risky

On 10-4-2017 at 3:29 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

Fyreon, at what point (how many games) did you start playing consistently at your current level?

I am not quite sure when I started to play at my current level. If I recall it correctly, it must have been somewhere in between 20k - 30k games played. I suddenly made the jump from playing at 3-3.5k WN8 to around 5k WN8. Have been playing around 5k WN8 ever since I think. Not quite sure if WN8 is the best metric to evaluate player performance though, but it is the only thing I can remember. However, it might be possible using a stat tracking website, like WotLabs, to find out exactly.

On 10-4-2017 at 6:07 PM, volim_velike_sise said:

oh, i'm the 140 on steppes :D

Hello again!

On 10-4-2017 at 10:29 PM, IfICouldFly said:

sandriver.jpg

Well if he hadn't fallen back and taken a good hull down position, I would have been swarmed and killed. Just by being there and probably getting some damage done himself, I could hold there and we could back their attack on that flank. We might have lost the game otherwise. Or maybe I should say, it was nice to change to see someone not brainlessly suiciding into the enemy team like the others did on that flank ;)

As for Sand River assualt, the route that you mention is the one I suggested in my earlier post, but that was probably wasn't as clear as your image. I agree it is probably the best route in general to take if you also have some support on the mid ridge. The position of the first red dot is a good position to take, but like others have mentioned this position is completely negated by arty (although which position on that map isn't?). If they have a lot of tanks at the second red dot, the position can be sub-optimal as you can not really push from that position nor leave it if they still have tanks in the middle that can not be pushed. Once you get to second red dot position, you should probably have won the game by then.

I don't think that it is a good idea to go there right from the start. It is a too big of a risk and the position does not allow you to relocate if needed (at least at the start of the game).

13 hours ago, IfICouldFly said:

Yeah, arty can ruin your day, but I feel that on this map and on attacking team, every route you take is risky and hard to play

In general I think it is the least risky route to take on that map. In some cases pushing down to the middle bit can be a good option as well in the middle to late game.

3 hours ago, Enroh said:

Forgive me but how in the holy hell are you getting to your first red dot in one go without getting fucked? My experience on NA is you WILL get TDs at the least camping out on the ridge at F8, F9 or further back at J0 well before you get to E0, let alone your dot at H0

I'd say you don't go there in one go. Personally if I get spotted crossing E0, I prefer to regain stealth for a bit and then make the push to the first red dot. If you hug the redline properly, tanks in the middle will spot too late for the campers K line to shoot you. Either that or they have a really small window to shoot you. Note that I assume here that there is nobody sitting at J0 spotting you constantly. If there is, it is a lot riskier agreed.

I guess in the end it all comes down to the game at hand whether you can actually make it across without taking any damage or more damage than necesarry. The factors I just described are the ones that I take into account when considering such a move.

Double post. Guess something went wrong when saving my replay. If you someone would kind enough to delete this post, that'd be appreciated :)