Fyreon

Fyreon's replays | 5k+ recent

188 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Fyreon said:

I'd say you don't go there in one go. Personally if I get spotted crossing E0, I prefer to regain stealth for a bit and then make the push to the first red dot. If you hug the redline properly, tanks in the middle will spot too late for the campers K line to shoot you. Either that or they have a really small window to shoot you. Note that I assume here that there is nobody sitting at J0 spotting you constantly. If there is, it is a lot riskier agreed.

I guess in the end it all comes down to the game at hand whether you can actually make it across without taking any damage or more damage than necessary.

well never know until you try...as claus says a lot recently...put yer big boys pants on :doge:

worth a shot bc depending on pubbies to light while i farm dmg is getting boring BabyRage

A lot of you have made some good points and I will take them into account next time I play this map :)

However, I would like to stress out one more detail which I probably haven't made as clear as I should have - by the time you reach that bridgehead at E0, you already know where half of the enemy team is. Your lights usually rush towards the middle ridge and light enemy tanks, sometimes you even see who is going towards that corner at K0. To be honest, that is not as often. But nevertheless, even though you don't see who is there, you do know who is not there and who is not going towards there. IMHO, that is equally important.

Of course that is not wise to go there no matter what. I realize now that I haven't made an argument in which I say that and that you couldn't conclude that from what I've said until now :P 

On 11-4-2017 at 11:13 PM, Enroh said:

well never know until you try...as claus says a lot recently...put yer big boys pants on :doge:

worth a shot bc depending on pubbies to light while i farm dmg is getting boring BabyRage

Well I can't be too aggressive when I play, because there are always people willing to throw away their tanks just to kill me. If such a thing happens too often, I tend to go tilt.

On 12-4-2017 at 10:28 AM, IfICouldFly said:

A lot of you have made some good points and I will take them into account next time I play this map :)

However, I would like to stress out one more detail which I probably haven't made as clear as I should have - by the time you reach that bridgehead at E0, you already know where half of the enemy team is. Your lights usually rush towards the middle ridge and light enemy tanks, sometimes you even see who is going towards that corner at K0. To be honest, that is not as often. But nevertheless, even though you don't see who is there, you do know who is not there and who is not going towards there. IMHO, that is equally important.

Of course that is not wise to go there no matter what. I realize now that I haven't made an argument in which I say that and that you couldn't conclude that from what I've said until now :P 

Fair enough, but once you get to that position you are somewhat stuck there and are likely to take a hit when you want to leave that position.

On 14-4-2017 at 10:39 AM, volim_velike_sise said:

i hope Fyreon won't mind my greennes, but here's my replay on sand river attack

http://wotreplays.com/site/3501821#sand_river-volim_velike_sise-t-62a

I watched your replay, but I don't really think this was the greatest example of why to push 9-0 line on Sand River right from the start. Sure the Jgpz is spotted at the start of the game, which I guess was the most important spot besides the tvp. I feel like you were somewhat lucky that game. When you crossed at E0 the STB could have easily shot if he was paying attention. After you killed the PTA, you did some nice damage on the tanks in the middle. However, you could have died easily near the cap since you were fully in the open. You could have done most of this from the K line as well and that line offers more protection. Although in the end you have a nice score.

The crossing at E0 is risk i was willing to take, actually expected to get shot once, and combine that with my logic of lurking in the open(without a proper idea) at that point in the game is why i'm not and probably never will be a unicum :D

@IfICouldFly actually said the same thing about the K line, i'll give it more thought next time, but i do agree i was lucky as i've tried that position couple of times later without great success, they've countered my moves quite easily

Appreciate the insight, will try to learn :armoredcar:

57 minutes ago, Fyreon said:

M48 Patton - 11 games - 5.6k games

https://www.mediafire.com/?nmf8522k256c4le

Thank you for these! I really need some replays for this tank. I've been playing mine and it has left me completely frustrated. It's not like I don't understand the play style it needs because I do but it's just not working. I have trouble winning even 50% of my matches in the M48. The gun also has been pretty derpy, which has been the biggest annoyance about it.

Sorry for the lack of replay packs lately. I have not been playing tier 10 much lately. Only really played some 30B and Maus. Not sure if I can even put a replay pack of the 30B, since it is quite hard to get decent games in that tank. Have been playing mostly the new lights in order to unlock the tier 10 lights. So today I got the Sheridan. First 15 games were quite good with 4.1k average damage.

https://www.mediafire.com/?s8lt6g561ddzket

On 26-4-2017 at 9:45 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

Thank you for these! I really need some replays for this tank. I've been playing mine and it has left me completely frustrated. It's not like I don't understand the play style it needs because I do but it's just not working. I have trouble winning even 50% of my matches in the M48. The gun also has been pretty derpy, which has been the biggest annoyance about it.

I am not sure how I can describe the play style that the M48 needs. I don't think I really play the M48 differently compared to the other tier 10 meds. You just have to take into account the poor camo rating and the low top speed. So maybe if you don't read the map properly you get caught a lot?

As for the gun, I think the gun is pretty reliable. With my setup of vents, bia, food I don't really miss a lot of shots unless RNG doesn't favour me. It is also pretty good at snapshotting in my experience. Although if you can fully you should of course.

Not sure if there is any interest in replays of WZ-132, but I might as well put them up. Played some on stream today to unlock the tier 9. You can also watch my latest VOD on Twitch.

13 games WZ-132 - 3.1k average

https://www.mediafire.com/?5hmf9v87z76kfq5

I played some games in the WZ-132-1 on another account. Actually really liked the tank, but maybe I got really lucky with maps and the matchmaking. Anyway here most of the games I played. Had 2 games in which died doing almost nothing.

11 games - 4.3k average damage

https://www.mediafire.com/?58k8gj54twi45mr

tAV1qj5.png

I finally got 3 MoE on the Strv 103B today. Played for 2 hours and managed to go from 91.17% to 95%. Eventhough I got all the bad maps (again), this time I was slighty more consistent. Uploaded the last game that I played. Quite a nice game with some nice teamwork in the end.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3654473#malinovka-fyreon-strv_103b

I have been playing the 140 lately and getting really good results with it even though the 140 got a nerf with the HD rework. It probably helps that I am getting a fair amount of tier 8 battles. You can also watch the two latest VODs to watch the games.

35 games - 5.7k average damage

https://www.mediafire.com/?qm6oo6dweeka193