Fiaura The Tank Girl

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone Out there?

255 posts in this topic

So I've been playing this a bit and am finding the Open server is quite devoid of actual life despite the claim of nearly 80,000 active players.  So my question here, does anyone here actually play this or am I truly alone in the vast voice of space?

I play(ed) elite dangerous, it's a great game. But it's been a while since I played, last time I did it was still in beta..since it was released I haven't had the time/motivation to play again.

They just released the Powerplay 1.3 update.  Added a bunch of stuff.  Was kind of interesting on the patch notes but still waiting for the server to come up.

I got it, love it but don't have the time to play Elite AND WoT. I got a couple of useful links that help with setting up the controls (default sucks), and other stuff. The forum is very useful as well.

I have encountered quite a few human players within the game (Eravate seems like a common place to be).

If you start jumping to other, remote systems it will become quite lonely. But hey, at least you get credited for discovering all those new systems :-)

I've since stopped playing too.  Doesn't feel like there's much a point to, it's too shallow.  Everything's a grind for the next ship, and exploration, my true love, got old *really* fast thanks to the complete lack of visual scale and the nearly identical systems.  There's some nice views to be had on occasion, but that's about it.

I've since stopped playing too.  Doesn't feel like there's much a point to, it's too shallow.  Everything's a grind for the next ship, and exploration, my true love, got old *really* fast thanks to the complete lack of visual scale and the nearly identical systems.  There's some nice views to be had on occasion, but that's about it.

should try honorable PVP pirating. its the most fun you can have in this game. unless powerplay changed something.

should try honorable PVP pirating. its the most fun you can have in this game. unless powerplay changed something.

Tried it.  Was fun for a bit.  Didn't really make the game worth playing any longer though.

I haven't played in a while, mainly due to the continual breakage with the update system (E.g. Game refuses to update because it claims some file or other is broken.)

I just re-installed using Steam and hopefully that will fix the update issues for once and for all...

Nice. I'm busy waiting for the Planetary Landings expansion to release. The videos of it so far are looking superb. 

Games like this I have trouble getting in to by I still enjoy just popping in and flying around now and then for the looks.

On 11/25/2015, 6:52:35, BattleMetalChris said:

67% off on Steam at the moment. Just bought it :disco:

Yeah it's sitting it my cart atm. I've seen it compared unfavorably to "World of Trucks in Space", but the thing is I quite like World of Trucks. Is it possible to play the game in a similar way? (ie can you pick it up and put it down and still have an interesting gaming experience). 

3 hours ago, Kilpanic said:

Yeah it's sitting it my cart atm. I've seen it compared unfavorably to "World of Trucks in Space", but the thing is I quite like World of Trucks. Is it possible to play the game in a similar way? (ie can you pick it up and put it down and still have an interesting gaming experience). 

Yeah, I think so. There's nothing forcing you to play 24/7 or anything...?

Yeah, there's nothing stopping you just dipping in and out as you see fit. The only real issue will be things like missions which have a realtime deadline  - if you log off and the deadline passes, you fail.

I'm about 10 hours in and it's AMAZING :D It completely captures the spirit of Frontier: Elite 2, a game that the 14 year old me sank hundreds upon hundreds of hours into.

Picked it up on sale, spent a couple hours trying to dial in controls.  Got it to the point where it started to feel comfortable.  Started doing something else.  Haven't managed to get back to it since.  Much like 5-10 other games, I keep saying I'll give it another go...

2 hours ago, Deusmortis said:

Picked it up on sale, spent a couple hours trying to dial in controls.  Got it to the point where it started to feel comfortable.  Started doing something else.  Haven't managed to get back to it since.  Much like 5-10 other games, I keep saying I'll give it another go...

I know what you mean. Right now my latest reason for not playing is waiting for the Horizons expansion :-)