Fiaura The Tank Girl

Elite: Dangerous - Anyone Out there?

255 posts in this topic

Glad i helped you along! Sorry that you died the first time, i'm still not sure what killed you though. No one was hostile nearby and nothing was shooting at you. 

And as much as I wish that I could pretend I was good enough to use fixed on the Corvette, I don't :D It's definitely a fun over optimal build, but it's so engineered and such overkill that it doesn't make too much of a difference. It's rocking two huge efficient beams and 5 overcharged multicannons, all gimballed because i'm lazy. Up against a decent PVP built ship it'd get walked all over. The Vette can definitely use fixed weapons but again - I'm lazy (and semi incompetent, but mostly lazy :D)

Bounty hunting is great fun and solid credits until you start wanting more expensive ships. Once you get a Vulture, and can start taking a few hits before your shields pop, it's so much fun. Engineering them adds a whole new level as well, though it isn't without its pitfalls. 

Edit: Here's my Corvette build: https://s.orbis.zone/x41

I ran a combat Cutter up until i got the rank for the Vette. 4 medium turrets, although it is maneuverable enough to get away with fixed if you are willing to put in the effort. Holy crap does it drift though, even with G5 dirties. 

I gotta say, the Krait really surprised me. easily one of my favorite ships in the game, it's just so versatile and fun to fly.

13 hours ago, skyf24 said:

Glad i helped you along! Sorry that you died the first time, i'm still not sure what killed you though. No one was hostile nearby and nothing was shooting at you. 

And as much as I wish that I could pretend I was good enough to use fixed on the Corvette, I don't :D It's definitely a fun over optimal build, but it's so engineered and such overkill that it doesn't make too much of a difference. It's rocking two huge efficient beams and 5 overcharged multicannons, all gimballed because i'm lazy. Up against a decent PVP built ship it'd get walked all over. The Vette can definitely use fixed weapons but again - I'm lazy (and semi incompetent, but mostly lazy :D)

Bounty hunting is great fun and solid credits until you start wanting more expensive ships. Once you get a Vulture, and can start taking a few hits before your shields pop, it's so much fun. Engineering them adds a whole new level as well, though it isn't without its pitfalls. 

Edit: Here's my Corvette build: https://s.orbis.zone/x41

I’m wondering if there wasn’t some sort of server glitch that time I died.  I initiated combat against somebody with a bounty, but I guess he just wasn’t present for you. Very weird.

Did you turn off Flight Assist when you were strafing sideways in that fight?  I haven’t dabbled in that yet.

10 minutes ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I’m wondering if there wasn’t some sort of server glitch that time I died.  I initiated combat against somebody with a bounty, but I guess he just wasn’t present for you. Very weird.

Did you turn off Flight Assist when you were strafing sideways in that fight?  I haven’t dabbled in that yet.

Probably was a server glitch. The game has a number of them here and there unfortunately, mainly instancing issues but I think i've seen what happened to you once before. 

Corvette generally doesn't need flight assist off for most targets (and I was drunk so i wasn't exactly on my A game lol) but here and there i'd be using toggling it. The Vette is amazingly maneuverable for being one of the big 3, the Conda comes close but the Vette is in a league of its own.