Never

Map Rotation Checker

205 posts in this topic

Is this all servers and regions (NA-East, NA-West, EU1, ...) combined? It is my understanding that different servers rotated different maps. Not sure if it makes sense to combine all of them, since this will average all servers...

Nevermind. Apparently I can't read...

Question, If i download it, would it interfere with other mods?

no

Despite the incoming hate likely to be incoming faster than arty spotting a Maus tracked in the open, here goes:

Very cool idea, i will use it if you at some point make it run on mac OS :)

So I'm playing world of tanks on a double toaster hooked up to 3 potatoes. Right now I have about 15 fps with Disconnects and lag spikes often. I have no technology clue at all but will having this installed slow down my game performance, which I really can't afford?

Need more people from ASIA to give this a try. I see only one map as of now lol. 

Btw, I need to keep the application minimized right ?

No need to keep it minimized. You can minimize it to get it out of the way, but it will work just fine maximized.

Is there btw anyway of checking if it works? (i started the exe, gave up replay folder, and thats it i assume?)

That's it. If you have another screen you can have it open while you play. As soon as you leave the battle, the statusbar below will change to "Found replay, starting upload". After a couple of seconds it will tell you the result of the upload, if there were any errors, etc...

Question, If i download it, would it interfere with other mods?

Nope, it's not a mod and works completely separated from WoT.

So I'm playing world of tanks on a double toaster hooked up to 3 potatoes. Right now I have about 15 fps with Disconnects and lag spikes often. I have no technology clue at all but will having this installed slow down my game performance, which I really can't afford?

Highly doubt it, the program is as simple as can be. It hooks into an event that is already raised by the Windows file system every time a file is changed, so even the "watching" of the folder has no performance impact whatsoever. It also only communicates with the WoTLabs server when you leave the battle, so even the small network traffic won't interfere your gameplay at all.

Here's an analogy to better understand how the program detects new replays:

Imagine someone with an extremely boring job. He watches over some documents, and every time he sees that a documents's content was changed, he is supposed to raise a literal flag. He does this regardless of anything else. That's his job.

Then imagine that I come along and tie a little cord from the flag to a bell on my desk. Now every time that guy raises the flag, the cord is pulled and my bell rings.

That's basically what's happening here. I'm hooking into something that already happens regardless of my program existing or not, so it will give my program a nudge.

So how do you actually use this info to improve your battle performance? I tried playing the tanks which should be good on the first two maps that appear on the list. But those maps still happen rarely to me, or not at all.

So how do you actually use this info to improve your battle performance? I tried playing the tanks which should be good on the first two maps that appear on the list. But those maps still happen rarely to me, or not at all.

We don't really know yet. Finding patterns is the point of gathering this data. Then it could prove useful for picking which tanks to play.

The current map statistics are displayed on the sidebar of WoTLabs, at the bottom, right under Server Statistics. It applies to the currently selected server.

Can you update the original post to show the new location whenever you change it? I kept looking for the map rotation in the side bar until I noticed the "content" area changed... because I'm dumb. I don't look at places that don't change often.

Done, I probably won't change the location again, that's a pretty good place and it's out of the way.

I'll look into adding it to the program.

Awesome, thanks. I do like the new page too.

This should probably try and break down maps by battle tier as well, since we know some maps only show up at certain tiers, and the server may not provide the same rotation at different battle tiers.  Also game modes, as someone else pointed out.

Thanks for doing this!  I had just made a thread on the WoT subreddit asking if exactly this functionality existed somewhere, and someone pointed me to this.  Awesome :).

What about a "start in the background" thingy? :D

I hate when I have to minimize it all the time :(

If you right-click the icon, you may be able to set it to start minimized.

As others have previously suggested and requested before, this 'feature' needs more graduality.

• For server origin (NA, EU, RU, ASIA, KR et la);
  • server number (NA east, NA west; EU1, EU2; RU1 to RU8 et la);
  • mode type (standard, encounter, assault, team battle, domination, tank company);
  • by Battle Tier range (e.g. Tier 1 to 3 -- Mitten-shit, Province et la; Tier 3 to 6 -- Widepark, Komarin; Tiers 7 to 10 et la )

Otherwise the results given will be inaccurate and biased.

Perhaps it would be possible to create a statitistical sampling measure to tell us, how accurate the map rotation results given are? 

It's public knowledge how many people are 'x, y, z' wargaming server & server number.  Never should know how many individuals are active in this map rotation service at any one time.  Thus it is do-able to create statistical confidence measurement, for every single optional mode in the game.

I was under the asumption that the maps rotated in something like 60 to 90 minutes. If that is the case, 5 hours is a really long time.

In order for this to have maximum usefulness, i.e. to make it as easy as possible to game the map rotation with your tank selection, I think a more raw view of the data is required. Perhaps something like this crappy mock-up I made:

ns7nxti.png

The real upside to having the uploader as a mod is that we would get the data when the game starts instead of after it. I understand the reasons for it being a separate program for now, but in the future someone might want to whip together a mod.