Never

Map Rotation Checker

202 posts in this topic

I can probably provide the raw data, but Wargaming's probably gonna have a problem with such an analysis.

Aren't we supposed to deny stat deniers?

I dont know if theres a wotlabs app or anything, but if there is a wotlabs app, you should incoporate the map rotation into the app ^_^

Getting a .NET framework error.

"String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."

See the end of this message for details on invoking 

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.DateTime.Parse(String s)
   at MapRotation.Form1.getReplayInfo(String replayPath) in C:\Users\Von\Dropbox\Projects\MapRotation\MapRotation\Form1.cs:line 102
   at MapRotation.Form1.OnRenamed(Object source, RenamedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Von\Dropbox\Projects\MapRotation\MapRotation\Form1.cs:line 180

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MapRotation
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/World%20of%20Tanks/Rotation%20Checker/MapRotation.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 7.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.1.18503
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/World%20of%20Tanks/Rotation%20Checker/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Can you send me that replay?

http://wotreplays.com/site/1949547?secret=0dd2510f4d16bd497068e948e28f7ea4

Seems to be happening repeatedly, but this is the only one where I was paying attention to which replay caused it.

Edit: Seems to just happen with every attempt. Here's another replay. http://wotreplays.com/site/1949553?secret=0dd2510f4d16bd497068e948e28f7ea4

I can only assume that the game client hasn't finished dumping all the data on the replay file by the time the program tries to process the data. I'll give it a bigger interval in RC5 (which by the way is pretty much ready to go).

Regarding the "Server failed to process data", if you're in a battle with someone who is also running the program, platoon included, then it will return that. That's to prevent more than 1 record per battle.

I changed the code server side to provide better feedback in such cases.

Same here since yesterday. As you can see, my forum skills are stronk. Can´t find spoiler button...

at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at MapRotation.Form1.getReplayInfo(String replayPath) in C:\Users\Von\Dropbox\Projects\MapRotation\MapRotation\Form1.cs:line 102
   at MapRotation.Form1.OnRenamed(Object source, RenamedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Von\Dropbox\Projects\MapRotation\MapRotation\Form1.cs:line 180

mscorlib
MapRotation
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/lupo/Downloads/MapRotation_RC4/MapRotation.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 7.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 7.0.1.18503
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/lupo/Downloads/MapRotation_RC4/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Piling onto this:

at MapRotation.Form1.getReplayInfo(String replayPath) in C:\Users\Von\Dropbox\Projects\MapRotation\MapRotation\Form1.cs:line 95
   at MapRotation.Form1.OnRenamed(Object source, RenamedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Von\Dropbox\Projects\MapRotation\MapRotation\Form1.cs:line 166

mscorlib
MapRotation
    CodeBase: file:///D:/WorldofTanks/MapRotation/MapRotation.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
System.Drawing
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
System.Configuration
System.Xml

Can you include build number in either the about page or the header? I keep downloading RC 4 thinking I don't have the latest... but since I played arty people already knew I'm dumb.

Version 1.0.0 will be dropping in about 1 hour with the following changes and fixes:

- Battle tier will now be uploaded.

- Fix for the DateTime parsing issue (Hopefully. I could never replicate the issue so I changed the parsing method to a more reliable one).

- Uploading replay data will no longer lock the UI.

- Version now appears in the About popup.

Also: From 1.0.0 on, updates will be done automatically. If there is an update available, the program will prompt you to update when you start it.

Version 1.0.0.0 is here.

We are now using a different installation method. To install, follow these steps:

Go to http://wotlabs.net/files/map/

Click on "Install". Do not click on Launch, even if you have the .NET framework installed.

Follow the steps on the screen.

If SmartScreen blocks the installation, click on "More Info" to see the option to continue installation.

This new installation method allows the program to check for updates, and install them if they're available. Every time you run MapRotation the program will check online to see if a new version is available. If it is, it will prompt you to update. This will ensure that everyone has the updated program and data can flow faster.

I have the right version of .NET, but clicking on the launch link just takes me to a page with a bunch of code and nothing happens.  Do I need to put that text into a file and run it?

I have the right version of .NET, but clicking on the launch link just takes me to a page with a bunch of code and nothing happens.  Do I need to put that text into a file and run it?

Don't click on Launch, click on Install. That launch link doesn't work properly, it's supposed to make the application run online, which is not what we want. Couldn't find anywhere to disable that on Visual Studio.

Where did it install the files to?  I only seem to be able to find the start menu icons.

It installs in a rather obscure place in your user folder, AppData, Local, Apps and a bunch of other folders. This is just how the ClickOnce install works, not something I put in deliberately.

Current Map Rotation database has been wiped as the server is now able to process the Battle Tier and store it. Older versions of the program will no longer work.

So has anyone been able to use this to successfully select tanks for a maps currently in the rotation? Has it helped anyone complete missions?

It does not check to see if it's already running, you can launch it multiple times and have half a dozen instances running concurrently, which could lead to false data reporting.

Auto-update-check on launch is nice, but won't guarantee that "everyone" is running an up-to-date version. Until I replaced my UPS yesterday, I hadn't powered-down my computer since Feb-2015...

If feasible, a check-for-update-daily option would be nice.

I keep my machine running often as well.  I'd say rather than a 'check daily' thing, just have the API use a different return code if the version is old and let the client pop the alert.

It does not check to see if it's already running, you can launch it multiple times and have half a dozen instances running concurrently, which could lead to false data reporting.

Auto-update-check on launch is nice, but won't guarantee that "everyone" is running an up-to-date version. Until I replaced my UPS yesterday, I hadn't powered-down my computer since Feb-2015...

If feasible, a check-for-update-daily option would be nice.

I keep my machine running often as well.  I'd say rather than a 'check daily' thing, just have the API use a different return code if the version is old and let the client pop the alert.

False data reporting is impossible, the server checks for duplicate values, but I see your point about updating once a day. I also leave my computer on for months. Will look into it, I'm pretty sure it's possible with ClickOnce.

EU - just started running it now.  Remembered that I should install it after getting Himmelsdorf 3 times in a row in 12t :)  

Didn't realise this had been updated to something that is easier to run and keep updated.

I added it to my launch bat, so it should start with WoT from now on (for me).

Is it possible for us to get a frame or dedicated page to show the current map rotations? There is too much other stuff on the main site page, when all I want is a simple view.