Never

Map Rotation Checker

205 posts in this topic

I added it to my launch bat, so it should start with WoT from now on (for me).

What folder location did you use? I can't find it anywhere that doesn't appear to be a GUID.

Would it be possible to show the maps in rotation in the past 2 house as an option instead of 5 hours?

Would it be possible to show the maps in rotation in the past 2 house as an option instead of 5 hours?

I agree. Five hours is way too long for it too be really useful, the rotation is much shorter.  I would prefer if it just listed the individual games. Crappy mock-up from a few pages back:

ns7nxti.png

In fact, I'll probably write my own program that over time tries to reconstruct the list from the aggregated data.

Alternatively, if we could figure out how the rotation works from the collected data, the server could probably show us exactly which maps are now in rotation and when the rotation changes. Never, can you give us a dump of all the data, so we can collectively figure out how the rotation works?

You're not, i just need to update to latest.

Is there a way you could set it up to auto-update?

Latest version will look for an update every time the program starts.

Was meaning to do that, changed it to 2 hours, however there are really not a lot of people using the program right now so there isn't a lot of data.

I agree. Five hours is way too long for it too be really useful, the rotation is much shorter.  I would prefer if it just listed the individual games. Crappy mock-up from a few pages back:

In fact, I'll probably write my own program that over time tries to reconstruct the list from the aggregated data.

Alternatively, if we could figure out how the rotation works from the collected data, the server could probably show us exactly which maps are now in rotation and when the rotation changes. Never, can you give us a dump of all the data, so we can collectively figure out how the rotation works?

Listing individual games is really not useful for the end user. It's nice if you're looking to format it some way, but for the purposes of this experiment, there's no point.

Judging from the data we've had so far, it looks like there isn't any "rotation" in the sense of only a few maps are picked for a time period. Rather, it looks like all maps are in rotation, only they are weighed differently, making some appear more than others.

I'll do a data dump when I've gathered more. So far I have only 1000 records in the NA server, spread over 4 days it's really not enough for any good conclusion.

Listing individual games is really not useful for the end user. It's nice if you're looking to format it some way, but for the purposes of this experiment, there's no point.

Judging from the data we've had so far, it looks like there isn't any "rotation" in the sense of only a few maps are picked for a time period. Rather, it looks like all maps are in rotation, only they are weighed differently, making some appear more than others.

I'll do a data dump when I've gathered more. So far I have only 1000 records in the NA server, spread over 4 days it's really not enough for any good conclusion.

I would argue that the showing the last 5 hours aggregated also isn't useful.

I was basing my reasoning on the reason for the rotation being server capacity and on how I would implement it. You have better data than I do obviously so maybe my guess is completely wrong. It's also possible that you need a lot of simultaneous data to see the pattern. I'll just wait for the data dump and take a look then.

Thanks for the mod.  It works well, however not many people are using it.

This is a great idea, but wouldn't vbaddict already have all of this from a much larger installed base (users running their dossier uploader)?  Seems inefficient to both be collecting the same data.

Is there a way to have the server stats page on the front page display something other than "last two hours"?  I'd like to see a longer timeframe, maybe up to the past month or so.

Can we have data just for the EU servers?  I only see a choice between the two NA servers in the app.  Or does it not matter and all is reported?

Can we have data just for the EU servers?  I only see a choice between the two NA servers in the app.  Or does it not matter and all is reported?

click "EU" on the black bar above

So I started using this today, and it's running just fine (or so it says), but nothing is coming up in the data for the west server. 

First game apparently wasn't counted, but it's starting to show up now.

This might be a bit off topic but seems relevant enough to post here as an aside.

I've built a small desktop app call Lorp (Local Replay Profiler) which works in a similar way to the tool developed to gather map rotation data - it scans replay files and extracts data.  

Lorp will also help you see what your map rotation is like as well as your performance on those maps (by tank, game-mode, battle type, etc).

For the first time yesterday I used it (EU1). It works even though there are obv. only a few people uploading data.

Not once did I get a map that was not shown in the cycle. Very good.

So I deciced to also help and installed the uploader. I only did so for 9 battles, then my internet went on vacation. But from now on I will upload when I play.

I strongly suggest the WOTLabbers use it and help, it really works.

I am one of the few (I assume) uploaders for EU, I think it gives a pattern, so the more we are the better it will be. I hope this program kicks in, it would be of great importance for LT missions expecially.

I switched to win10, so haven't been playing and haven't been using the app.

I will this evening though.

The map selection today has been retarded so far, with the same maps over and over and over again. Summarized, Yoshi and I got Lakeville x4, Pearl River x4, Siegfried Line x3, Fisherman's Bay x2, Himmels x2 (winter is the same map, basically), Ruinberg x2 (ditto), Tundra x2, Karelia x2 and Serene Coast, El Hallouf and Sacred Valley x1. It may not sound like that bad of a variation but I've put the order we played them in a spoiler below:

Serene Coast, Sacred Valley, Pearl River, Fisherman' Bay, Pearl River, Lakeville, Karelia, Tundra, Fisherman's Bay, Pearl River, Lakeville, Pearl River, Lakeville, Winter Himmels, Lakeville, Siegfried Line, Winter Ruinberg, Prokh, Siegfried Line, Siegfried Line, Tundra, Karelia, Himmels, Ruinberg, El Hallouf.

It was fucking maddening when the maps just repeated themselves over and over: There were nearly 2 hours of gameplay where it was almost only Pearl River, Lakeville and FIsherman's Bay and it felt like being trapped in some sort of hellish reality where the concept of variety didn't exist. It got a little more varied towards the end but we still got Siegfried in 3 out of 5 battles there. The maps are weighted but not weighted very well.

PS. WoT has released 49 maps for general play and while a few have been removed and some restricted to lower tiers, there are probably ~40 maps available for all tiers. Yoshi and I got 11 different maps over a little less than 3½ hours of play, which I have to say isn't very good. 11 maps over 25 battles are too few, especially with the sheer amount of repetition among the battles. With some 40 maps available, you wouldn't expect 25 different maps but you would probably expect at least 18 or so. It almost felt like I was back in beta with the map selection today.

Edited by Zinn

Strangely, there are still no map stats for the SEA server. May I inquire if info for SEA is just not supported, or is there insufficient data, or some other weird thing that's preventing me from seeing any stats under the Asia tab on the main page? I've been running the map checker app since its conception and I'm not sure if it's working. Cheers.

Or maybe map stats don't really matter because Pearl River and South Coast seem to be the predominant maps as of late. :P Fuck SEA server.

Edited by sundanceHelix

I'm pretty sure I'm the only SEA server player using this app. There seems to be never any data unless I've been playing.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only SEA server player using this app. There seems to be never any data unless I've been playing.

With sundanceHelix, that makes 3 of us from ASIAaaaaah server.

Neverwish, whenever you read this, any way to have a count of the agents per WoT cluster? Is there a threshold from which the Map Rotation applet will kick in?

We definitely can spread the word on ASIA forum. However, knowing the apathy and language barrier over here, we might want to be able to show some preliminary figures to get people interested in. Chicken and egg issue, I know.