Mort

The Mort Q&A

119 posts in this topic

Cuni asked me to do a Q&A thread, so here I am.

I play the KV-5 and other tanks.

I statpad.

I do gold league.

I caused LIMBO to die and be reborn as AWFUL.

Here's my replay thread: 

AMA

To the best of your knowledge, how did "o7 mort" start?

o7 mort :3

I caused LIMBO to die and be reborn as AWFUL.

Way to take all the credit, you fucking cunt.

how do make q/a thred

HnNa4tv.png

w8 ur in gold?

KT and I joined a team together.

To the best of your knowledge, how did "o7 mort" start?

I disdain the use of "o7" when used seriously. Back when I was in LIMBO, when strongholds first came out, I played strongholds a lot and a lot of the teams we played would say "o7" or "o7 Limbo". In response, I would say "o7 Limbo" right back. It just started happening that clanmates would say "o7 Mort" whenever I said "o7 Limbo" in response to the baddies.

Way to take all the credit, you fucking cunt.

Until Toro tells you to go seek mental help, I claim the responsibility for the death of LIMBO.

How tall r u

o7 mort

5'11" or thereabouts

how big is your ignore list?

7omort

I currently have 295 people on my ignore list.

I never heard the story, and have always wanted to ask. How did LIMBO die? I heard about back stabbing but that was it.

Do you think there should be a feature that allows for a person to be on both your friend and ignore list? :^)

Have you found mental assistance?

If you could change the sky to one color other than blue, then what would it be?

If you went on vacation to Europe, then what country would you go to?

Australians are cool - confirm / deny?

And, most importantly, are you as hot as your replay thread?

Why are you so bad at Cards Against Humanity?

Am I on your ignore list? and if not how do I get there?

I never heard the story, and have always wanted to ask. How did LIMBO die? I heard about back stabbing but that was it.

There wasn't really a whole lot of backstabbing. It's just a really stupid story.

Please note that I might not get the sequence of events in perfect order, and I might not be able to represent the events exactly as they occurred, but the following paragraphs should still give you a good idea of what happened:

​CHAPTER 1:

The Bimbo Episode

It started on Reddit. Some random person made a recruitment post about how their clan was recruiting, and that their clan was good because they once beat PUPEH and BIMBO in strongholds. Someone replied that that's not really saying much, because PUPEH and BIMBO are shit. I replied to that comment and I quoted the part that said "BIMBO is shit" and I said "I can't disagree with you there." Now, I had a LIMBO flair, so it should have been quite obvious that I was joking around. Despite the fact that I was obviously joking, a couple days later, I was on TS when I was moved to a different channel and told that what I did was unacceptable and that I had to make an apology thread on JKLB's private forums, as well as apologize to a bunch of BIMBO players when they were gathered in the muster room before clanwars. I didn't have to apologize on TS right away; they said I could wait a few days to do that. I waited to apologize on TS because I figured that they would forget about it.... And they did. As for the post on the JKLB forums, I couldn't get away with that quite as easily. So I made an 8-sentence apology post on the forums that spelled out "NOTSORRY" if you took only the letters at the beginning of each sentence. Nobody ever found out about that except for the few confidants in LIMBO that I let know.

Apparently they wanted to take away my position as executive officer too, but they were talked out of that by a helpful LIMBO representative.

The next incident was a couple days after, when I renamed a skirmish channel that I was in to "bimbo is shit". We were just messing around and having fun, but in retrospect, it was pretty irresponsible. Anyway, ToroHabs came in and was very prickly about it and told me that I couldn't do that... so I changed the name of the channel and that was that. I don't think anything else really came of that.

CHAPTER 2:

Thread Titles are Srs Biznis

Nothing else major happened until _Knobby made a thread on the JKLB forums titled "LIMBO to become a PLSGO subclan?" Obviously it was a joke. It linked to a thread that some PLSGO shitter made about how PLSGO was looking for subclans. There was a list of potential subclans that was drawn up, and one of the clans on the list was LIMBO. So basically, Knobby made a thread about that and he filled his thread with gay anime .gifs and a silly poll with stupid entries. It was all clearly a joke. Nevertheless, True_North (a deputy commander in JIMBO at the time I think) made a post that read:

This form is ridiculous. 

Probably the worst idea KnobbyHobbyGoblin has come up with. Bad and he should feel bad.

The Idea that LIMBO would move to PLSGO is simply ridiculous. For some reason Knobby has some weird liking to PLSGO, a clan full of disrespectful trolls which is not a  "well-liked and incredibly well respected clan". If he wishes to leave LIMBO then he is free to do so. However LIMBO is still a member of the JKLB family and cannot go romping around to join another family. 

If this turns out to be a Up-vote farming thread with trolling intentions I will immediately wipe Knobbys Karma. This is not stuff to joke about. 

Also as Toro has said if no progress comes from this form it will be swiftly deleted.

I responded to him by quoting his post and simply saying "True_Jimmies." That was one of my finer moments. Anyway, ToroHabs got very angry about the thread because of the title. He made some small post about how the thread was "garbage" and then he archived it.

Naturally we were upset, because it was a popular thread and it was in the LIMBO subforum. It's not his job to moderate our subforum. Someone in LIMBO un-archived it and then after a few more posts were made, Toro deleted it (or maybe True_North deleted it, but it doesn't really matter either way). We were mad, and so we talked to Toro on TS about it. He said that because of the title of the thread, some people who were new to JKLB were confused by it and legitimately thought that LIMBO might be leaving JKLB. That's why it was deleted. We responded by saying that if someone was confused by the thread title without so much as figuring out that the thread was a joke, that's their problem, not ours. Toro then did some mental gymnastics about how we were wrong and he was right and then the discussion ended after awhile. We then made the LIMBO subforum unavailable to anyone without LIMBO tags so that we wouldn't confuse any of the bright minds in JIMBO or BIMBO with our dank thread titles.

CHAPTER 3:

Trouble with Tags

For a while, I had been running skirmishes with a group of guys. It was mostly KT, Seedeath, Commander_Swagg/Commodore_Swuage, o7_Mort, Troplcthunder, Mordator, ozonopro and me. I had given KT and Seedeath Bimbo tags on TS as a joke a few weeks previous. Nobody noticed for the weeks that they had them, but eventually at some point while we were skirmishing, they got removed by some officer in BIMBO or JIMBO. After the day of skirmishing was over, DirtD0G helped us with some new tag designs. Specifically, we made a "Not BIMBO" tag for KT and Seed. It was basically like the normal BIMBO tag, but it was a black B on a pink background instead of a white B on a pink background. It was also drawn poorly, unlike BIMBO's B which didn't look like it had been drawn by a 5-year-old. So basically, they were similar but different. Apparently whoever originally removed the BIMBO tags from KT and Seed were quite upset about this, so they promptly banned KT and Seed for having the "Not BIMBO" tags. It was quite hilarious, and I unbanned them, so there wasn't really any harm done... Unfortunately the "Not BIMBO" tags did get taken off the TS server, never to be seen again.

The following event was the straw that broke the camel's back: Later on, a skirmish or two down the road, we were messing around with tags again. o7_Mort had left JIMBO and joined LIMBO. We were told by an anonymous source in JIMBO that in JIMBO's ingame chat, Inkni was talking shit about o7_Mort. He was saying something to the extent of, "before he left JIMBO, he was annoying, but now that he's in LIMBO he's just a massive cunt." Like I said, at the time, we were messing around with tags. As it happened, we had just made a tag called "easily rustled." We decided to debut it on Inkni, who was in a different channel at the time. I had two separate TS identities at the time, so I logged on with the other one (with a different name so he wouldn't know who it was obviously), and with that identity I gave him the Easily Rustled tag. It didn't take long for him to enter the channel we were all in and ask "which one of you did that?"  After we feigned not knowing what he was talking about, he made the famous declaration that "you are all fucking cunts" and left.

The next day, SharpShooterX talked with Knobby and just said that it wasn't worth the effort for us to stay in JKLB if no one outside of LIMBO or KIMBO could take a joke. Knobby agreed and the news that we were planning to leave pretty much just spread slowly throughout LIMBO that day. That afternoon, Tex (basically the commander of all of JKLB) had a private discussion with DirtD0G in which he told Dirt that if he didn't kick Knobby and me out, Dirt would get the boot as well. As it so happened, we were all planning on leaving anyway, so Tex's ultimatum turned out to not matter in the slightest.

So that's how it happened. We left JKLB because JIMBO/BIMBO couldn't handle the slightest amount of gentle trolling. It all worked out for the best though. AWFUL rose like a phoenix out from the ashes of LIMBO, and that is that.

To this day, I don't understand why they wanted to kick Knobby out of LIMBO. All he did was make a silly thread with a slightly misleading title.

Do you think there should be a feature that allows for a person to be on both your friend and ignore list? :^)

I don't think I'd find much use in a feature like that. I don't find you annoying in type.

Do you consider yourself sexy

Yes.

Am I sexy?

I mean, you'd have to pay me a lot for me to suck your dick.

I'd rather be bad than short.

brb gonna kill myself

1. Have you found mental assistance?
  2. If you could change the sky to one color other than blue, then what would it be?
  3. If you went on vacation to Europe, then what country would you go to?
  4. Australians are cool - confirm / deny?
  5. And, most importantly, are you as hot as your replay thread?

1. Yes, Toro's advice helped me greatly.
  2. Probably a nice pale green
  3. Switzerland
  4. that's roit ya cheeky buggah
  5. Hotter

Why are you so bad at Cards Against Humanity?

uwotm8? ill punch u roit in the gabbah

Favorite pub-stomper tanks?

KV-5, SP, E 50 (even though I sold it), E3, Batchat

Am I on your ignore list? and if not how do I get there?

Triple platoon in arty.

How did u come up with your name?

It comes from a Discworld novel.