2127faerthereaper

Common test for pen nerf

445 posts in this topic

E 50 Ausf. M:

• Dispersion on the move of the E 50 Ausf. M suspension reduced by 14%.
  • Dispersion on hull traverse of the E 50 Ausf. M suspension reduced by 14%.
  • Crossing capacity of the E 50 Ausf. M suspension on solid terrain increased by 18%.
  • Crossing capacity of the E 50 Ausf. M suspension on medium terrain increased by 15%.
  • Crossing capacity of the E 50 Ausf. M suspension on soft terrain increased by 9%.
  • Aiming time of the 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/52 Ausf. K gun for the E 50 Ausf. M turret reduced from 2.1 to 2 s.
  • Reload time of the 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/52 Ausf. K gun for the E 50 Ausf. M turret reduced from 9.6 to 9 s.
  • Penetration of the Pzgr 40 K shell for the 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/52 Ausf. K gun reduced from 270 to 240 mm.
  • Penetration of the Gr 39 H1A K shell for the 10,5 cm Kw.K. L/52 Ausf. K reduced from 330 to 310 mm.

This seems oddly worded to me but I am pretty sure it means they are buffing the terrain resistances. That is good at least.....

And, even MORE snap shots to be had!

Playing the test certain tanks are going to be broken at first, I struggled to pen an e5s cupola with my obj140, ditto for IS-7 and E-100 lower plates. They need to actually reward aiming/knowing weak spots now and give many of these tanks genuine frontal weak spots, either that or redesign maps to make flanking viable.

This seems oddly worded to me but I am pretty sure it means they are buffing the terrain resistances. That is good at least.....

It does. Crossing capacity is inversely related to terrain resistance.

Seems as much as anything just good old "sell dat ammo" stuff. High tiers have too many tier 10s and 9s running around lately, they're trying to shove people back down to 8 and lower by bankrupting them for playing 9-10. I don't see any other reason to single out tier 8-10, if anything armor is more effective at high tiers in the face of gold ammo than at lower tiers.

This is a test - it is likely they are overnerfing med pen so as to try out how they perform and the real changes will be somewhat halfway to what we see here, at least with regard to standard MT pen values.

Nonetheless, WG is missing a golden opportunity here: They should start giving standard and premium ammo different damage values, make firing gold a real trade.

Currently tier 10 meds are not pay to win. Which is great.

It would be sad if Wargaming destroyed that.

I can see where this might be going...

wtf 121 has worse pen than the wz-120?

and they nerfed the 183 and jpe again? those have nothing going for them at all

this is overkill, i don't have issues with med pen values as is, why not get rid of arty and leave pen as it is fucktards

not getting penned by arty yet still taking 700+ splash damage from a tank you can't do shit to is the problem

time to try AW

The "HE always does damage!" argument might ACTUALLY be gain some traction if the nerfs stay as they are...

Test server be crazy. You get all tier 7+ tanks with crews with ALL crew skills... BUT you start with 200k credits, so gold is artificially more limited than on live server. So the test is ran in "tomato mode" basically, where "I KEEP 5 ROUNDS 4 EMERGENCY" as opposed to the real world.

Pay 2 win like Wot China

WoT CN wasn't exactly pay2win as much as it was pay4uber_exclusive tonks.

Test server be crazy. You get all tier 7+ tanks with crews with ALL crew skills... BUT you start with 200k credits, so gold is artificially more limited than on live server. So the test is ran in "tomato mode" basically, where "I KEEP 5 ROUNDS 4 EMERGENCY" as opposed to the real world.

Just sell random shit for creds :beard:

How is it opposed to the real world? In the "real world" you grind credits for gold spam, either with premiums or stronks or whatever. Why should it be different for testing? I watched Sela spamming HE from his E100 because "it makes money", the next day he had a ton of money and someone asked on stream and he had sold his WTF100. If not even Sela can keep up with goldspamming why should it be given for free in the test?

I tried the T62A on the Testserver with only normal ammo.

I could not pen Is7 Lower plates, i could not pen Is4 lower plates i could not pen E-100 lower plates, even when they tomatoed around completely unangled.

When shooting a  Maus in the side hull that was nearly completely unangled i bounced 3/4 shots.

230-240 is just not good enough to go trough weakspots.

This is absolutely retarded.

People complain about goldammo, and what does WG do?

Nerf Normal ammo and buff the tanks, so that when you keep spamming gold, you actually get buffed.

I'm not sure if WG is just this incompetent or if that is an effort to sell more premium accounts...

Well i got E-100+Is7+Maus in my garage, guess if i don't ragequit after this stupid change i will be immune to everyone to poor to fire HEAT ...

Its hard to know if wargaming are actually incredibly smart by making us all think they're incredibly retarded...

I am not entirely sure how similar this TS is to older ones. Given that they force you to play the economy game aspect of WoT they might very well simply be trying to gather dater on how this change would affect in game spending behavior.
At least I hope that that is their goal...

I can totally see where this is theoretically headed: They want to bring more skill into the game with quicker aim times and worse penetration so that you have to aim for weakspots again. I would totally approve of all this if they wouldn't fuck the maps up recently by flattening them so that you can't flank...

The other thing is that I don't feel like this keeps the balance between the tanks. The STB for instance will profit massively of this (and might be the best T10 med after) whereas the 62A with already nonexistant dispersion won't benefit at all from this...