#NightWolf5628

New Premium FV201 (A45), Tair 7 British Heavy

69 posts in this topic

So if you haven't seen it already, link to mission http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/freedom-to-play/

Mainly seems like another WG cashgrab, Just wanted to know your opinions on the stats:

WYR5wmY.png

The stats look pretty nice for a T7 Heavy. Looks like a stock Centurion 1 pretty much. Depends on if pref mm or not, right, to make a guud tenk or a meh tenk.

DPM, Turret armor and depression are nice, hull is pretty weak, you're right it seems like a stock cent1.

Am I right in reading that even if you manage to grind all the way to meet the requirements, you only get to keep the tank for 8 days?? I mean, all that freaking effort over a month and you only get to keep it for a week?

WG has done some stupid specials/missions in the past, but if this is real, this probably takes the cake.

As for the tank itself, it does indeed look like a Cent I with the top turret but only the 17-pounder. Problem with that is that the 17-pounder is starting to struggle by tier 7 - the alpha is too small and the pen is starting to become an issue against tier 9s. It's probably going to be decent, but all that effort, then 'decent' isn't worth it.

EDIT: Okay, just woke up so brain not working, I get now that you then have to complete an additional grind within 8 days in the tank in order to make it permanent. Still, point stands that it's a crappy mission for what will likely only be a 'decent' tank. If it had the A-barrel it might be fun.

Edited by Balthazars

It can't be worse than the black prince but I don't see why I would want a non pref T7 prem with a weak gun that struggles against tier 8 heavies and is completely worthless against most tier 9 tanks.

From the video they posted on FB it looks like it goes decently fast.

So, definitely not a 20kph cap.

So, $15 for a tier 7 prem if I play almost every day for a month, meh

Edited by Evelyn

3zYoSIg.png

You are missing the real strength of this tank. OP rear gun depression 

This new system that we have to play to earn the right to buy a premium/reward tank is absolutely disgusting. 

Wrong thread damn it. Apologies.

Edited by kariverson

200K XP while driving a non pref tier 7 with 150 alpha?

I aint buying the thing for it, and theres no way I could get 200K XP in 8 days so I wont get it forever it seems

Better than when it first appeared on blogs many months ago, but still nothing to get excited about.

Looking at gamemodels3d.com I was hoping to see it justified but it's not looking good. Assuming their info is accurate it's a bit "uhhhh?"

Pros:

• Better DPM than the BP, 1800 vs. 2093.
  • Mostly tough turret from the Cent I (but see below).
  • Mobility good for a heavy, 31 max speed is meh but HP is solid and traverse is above average.
  • Nice gun depression, 10 degrees.
  • Huge improvement on gun handling over BP, turret rotation is 0.12 compared to BP's appalling 0.20.
  • 380 view is pretty good for a tier 7 heavy.
  • 1500HPs is great for a 7 heavy.

Cons:

• Gun has poor pen and alpha problem of the BP
  • Accuracy horribadworse than BP for some reason, 0.39 instead of 0.34. Negates gun handling advantage and even likely worse.
  • Turret is NOT top Cent I turret, but some sort of variant. The top of the Cent I turret is about 67 degrees and thin, which means it relies on autobounce and can be iffy. Hull down you're good, even ground it's very weak. This turret is only 62 degrees and similarly thin, which means it's a massive easy pen weak spot with no chances for auto bounces at any angle. Any one who knows this tank's armor will be able to blast through your face virtually every shot with AP at <200m. It's about 120mm effective.
  • Same vulnerabilities to ammo rack damage as Cent line and weak front armor make hull armor poor for a tier 7 heavy. Optimal angle is maybe 160mm upper plate 120mm lower and autobounce side.
  • I HEARD U LIKE ARTY because you're driving a tank that is a slower version of the Cent I which is already full pen arty bait.

Overall I think it can work but we're talking a C student at best. Playing as a heavy is out right away, this is a hull down tank with a huge vulnerability in the turret against any player which is aware of it. Its characteristics basically have no synergy, its role is unclear. It can't tank with such bad armor, can't snipe with such bad accuracy, and in its niche of close range hull down it's exceptionally vulnerable to an enemy who knows its weakness as well as arty. If it's like other esoteric tanks its weakness won't be well known and it may be pretty effective in that mid range hull down role. But it's basically a "wtf?" tank.

That top speed is awful for something without insane armor or a god-tier gun. I think it'll kill the tank for sure.

At least the HP of 1500 and DPM of 2092 are decent, and the turret is okay I guess.

dLysLUh.png

BTW, turret is complete shit, top red and lower red part are 152mm eff and the center of the mantlet to the left of the gun (looking at the tank from the front) is also 152mm eff. Plus with the tumah, you have to be really hull down.... which is hard with -8 gun depression

3zYoSIg.png

You are missing the real strength of this tank. OP rear gun depression 

According to tank inspector, this has a bit better DPM than BP, about the same gun handling, equal hulldown capabilities (cheeks of turret 220-240 effective on A45, however center of mantlet is 120-150 effective), 31kmh speed limit, and god awful hull armor.

I suspect the amount of players that will be firing into their engine decks during the 8 day mission to be on the high side.

Also works as a fantastic way of pointing out where sky cancer should be firing.

Tell me why I should drive this thing over the Tiger, or the Berlin IS.

Tell me why I should drive this thing over the Tiger, or the Berlin IS.

crickets-chirping.gif

Compared to the TOG and Excelsior as a crew trainer?

Wow. That seems like a lot of work for a tank I wouldn't even buy for $15.... 

Thread bump.  Anyone driving this thing?  Thoughts?

I've yet to see a single good to great player driving this tank, it's been nothing but red shitters and a few yellows, and for good reason.

I've yet to see a single good to great player driving this tank, it's been nothing but red shitters and a few yellows, and for good reason.

I've seen some purple collector in his. Did nothing to contribute to win.

Also, @Never has one, must be good then! :doge: 

They gave this away for "free" on the SEA server (30 tokens of 25k exp per day)

I wouldn't pay for this tank. It's manageable if top tier, but other than that really not worth much. Some might want to use it as a crew trainer, but that's likely to be a painful exercise.

For credits, a Tiger 1 would make more money.

I collect tanks.  I have this.  So far I'm at 75% winrate and 1920 1980 dpg solopub.  Yes I shoot a lot of apcr.

No Ace yet, mostly because of games like this:

pnQrVB1.jpg

Edited by Dlur

This thing is basically a better Black Prince.
Same matchmaking, worse accuracy in return for much needed DPM, roughly the same turret armor and hull armor is as worthless and unreliable as it is on the BP, and better gun depression plus infinitely better speed.
The only bad thing is that there's no reason to play it. Black Prince is a shit tank and being better than a shit tank is not much of an achievement.

This is one of those tanks that you take one look at (paper stats or otherwise) and just go, "Nope!" 

I collect tanks.  I have this.  So far I'm at 75% winrate and 1920 1980 dpg solopub.  Yes I shoot a lot of apcr.

No Ace yet, mostly because of games like this:

Hidden Content

What equipment are you running? I was thinking vents, gun laying drive, and rammer.