#NightWolf5628

New Premium FV201 (A45), Tair 7 British Heavy

69 posts in this topic

WGEU always 1ups everyone else.
You could get the FV201 for free on NA and now we have to pay to get the same sucky tank on EU.

If you bought all the keys, wasn't the price on NA about $70?  I might buy this tank for $30, but not for $70 and I don't have time for the missions.  EU got the better deal in my opinion.

I bought one last night being a Pom myself, only had a few games and they haven't gone well so far.  I intend on using it to train up a heavy crew before I start the Heavy grind.

WGEU always 1ups everyone else.
You could get the FV201 for free on NA and now we have to pay to get the same sucky tank on EU.

OH NOES!!!! WGEU confirmed shit AGAIN!!!! I really don't see the hate here personally, other than as a manifestation of preexisting conformation bias . The NA one was "free" if you happened to be a student and so had the inclination to no-life your way to a premium. If I remember my player base statistics here the average age of a WOT player is in the neighborhood of 28-33 which means the WGEU is spot on with this deal, i.e. on average more money than time. I would have loved to have the option to pay a reasonable amount, rather the the ridiculous $60 WGNA wanted, but no my choice was either no-life it and piss off the wife or pay 2-3 times what the tank is worth and piss off myself. WGEU knows their player base, unfortunately probably better than WGNA does.

My job, family etc. have made it so I can play about an hour a day and almost never on weekends.  However, I am 10/10 a wallet warrior and proud of it.

I'm playing on EU server and i bought the tank.
Just played a few games in it and it seems ok, hull down its pretty good.

The acc of the gun suffers at long ranges but i like the tank.. just fun, no OP tank.

Worth it... i don't know...

Meh, I got the keys and just paid to keep it. Going to sell it once I finish grinding out the line

OH NOES!!!! WGEU confirmed shit AGAIN!!!! I really don't see the hate here personally, other than as a manifestation of preexisting conformation bias . The NA one was "free" if you happened to be a student and so had the inclination to no-life your way to a premium. If I remember my player base statistics here the average age of a WOT player is in the neighborhood of 28-33 which means the WGEU is spot on with this deal, i.e. on average more money than time. I would have loved to have the option to pay a reasonable amount, rather the the ridiculous $60 WGNA wanted, but no my choice was either no-life it and piss off the wife or pay 2-3 times what the tank is worth and piss off myself. WGEU knows their player base, unfortunately probably better than WGNA does.

It's all nice and dandy... but you still had option to get one for free, despite the effort you needed to put in to get one. It's always nice to have option A and option B. (also, did you have to buy all keys or you could buy few keys that miss you? If you could buy keys for less than $70 that's pretty sweet deal, you could partly grind the tank)

That's what I liked about WZ-111 mission. Have time? Grind it. Don't have time? Buy yourself keys.

It's all nice and dandy... but you still had option to get one for free, despite the effort you needed to put in to get one. It's always nice to have option A and option B. (also, did you have to buy all keys or you could buy few keys that miss you? If you could buy keys for less than $70 that's pretty sweet deal, you could partly grind the tank)

That's what I liked about WZ-111 mission. Have time? Grind it. Don't have time? Buy yourself keys.

You could buy single keys to get to 45 and they combined with those you got for playing.

Also, why is this EU vs. NA when RU got the best mission again, as usual?

RU had to get 30 keys out of 47 and then got the tank and slot permanently, while NA had to get 45 out of 65 keys, and then had to grind out 200k XP and 200 kills on the FV201 before the 1st of August and within 8 days. Which meant if you completed your mission on the 31st of July, you got the tank for 8 days but only had the rest of the day to grind out the XP and kills.

Also, on RU you had to pay $30 for the tank if you chose not to get the XP any of the keys, while on NA you had to pay $59.54.

NA keys were $0.01 cheaper than on RU, though. Thanks Wargaming.net.

I love this tank, I'm on EU so bought it despite the negative comments. (I love the excelsior and the tog and I have gotta catch 'em all syndrome), I haven't been so enamoured by a tank since the Berlin is-2. Accept the hull is garbage and use the oh so bouncy turret to out dpm the bigger hitting heavies. Safe stowage is a must but I already have that on my crew as its a serious weakness of both the heavy and medium lines.

I love this tank, I'm on EU so bought it despite the negative comments. (I love the excelsior and the tog and I have gotta catch 'em all syndrome), I haven't been so enamoured by a tank since the Berlin is-2. Accept the hull is garbage and use the oh so bouncy turret to out dpm the bigger hitting heavies. Safe stowage is a must but I already have that on my crew as its a serious weakness of both the heavy and medium lines.

I run VStab, Rammer, and Wet Ammo Rack + Loader having Safe Stow. With that I stopped getting ammo-racked all the freaking damn time

SEA got it for completing a set of missions. I then sold this tank for silver to buy other tonks during the Anniversary sale. Not worth keeping.

Do I really have to pay gold to remove equipment from this thing now that the free rental has expired? If I had known that, then I wouldn't have played those 2 games in the POS.

Meh, I got the keys and just paid to keep it. Going to sell it once I finish grinding out the line

Did the same, no way I was grinding 200k xp and 200 kills in it. Dropped the few quid to keep it.

Do I really have to pay gold to remove equipment from this thing now that the free rental has expired? If I had known that, then I wouldn't have played those 2 games in the POS.

Same, I assumed it would be removed from my garage and equipment placed there.  Yes, you need to pay gold to remove equipment.

I picked this up yesterday for a British heavy trainer and because I’m American with too much money I guess.

I only played 9 games in it so far but of those 9, two were T8 games and the rest were T7 games. This thing is a beast with crushing DPM if top tier. I know my stats in this will come in line with my overall shitter level stats but so far 78% W/R and 2557 WN8 make me feel like I am kinda good at this game. I’ll work on ruining my stats in it today or tomorrow with a few more games.

I find that with the good gun handling you can continue to move back and forth while hull down to minimize the turret roof weakness. I have bounced quite a few shots doing this against tanks that I should not be bouncing. I do miss a fair amount of shots doing this but with the super fast reload it does not hurt the tank as far a I can tell. 

It's on sale again on NA, Krugg seems to like it but I'm curious what the rest of WoTLabs thinks of it.

To buy, or not to buy?

On sale again on EU for another 7h.

i'll just leave this here