SixFutSvn

6th Sense Timer Mod

10 posts in this topic

I have seen some videos where once spotted and taken cover,  the 6th Sense begings a timer sound for 10 seconds and stops when the tank is hidden again. 

What is the mod name? I tried searching but most turned up to be just Sixth sense Icon mod and not the Sixth sense count down timer mod.

I use Aslain's modpack to install, so I get to select one of a few options: 9 second, 10 second and 12 second. If you're doing individual mod installations, try searching sixth sense with 'sound'/'audio'/'timer'... I did a google search and did turn up some results.

Bear in mind that the timer counting down doesn't mean you're unspotted (inferred from your description). It's just a set duration from when you're first spotted. Depending on the situation, you may not have dropped-spot yet when the timer finishes counting down.

edit: Not helpful, here are a couple from my search:

2. http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/358159-0981sixthsenseiconaudiocountdownno-xvm/

This is user-customizable in XVM.  In your XVM configuration folder you will find the file elements.xc.  In that file you'll find a line that looks something like this:

"sixthSenseDuration": "sixthSenseDuration",

Replace the bold/underlined text with the number in milliseconds you want the 6th sense icon to remain lit.  (In this example, 5000 = 5 seconds)

"sixthSenseDuration": 5000,

(Note:  I am starting with J1mb0's XVM configuration; what you see may differ depending on whose configuration you're using.)

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Edited by hoffersintx518

Piece of advice: You don't need the mod. heck, it is probably better to use the reload timer to gauge how long you have left until you go dark. The danger of this mod is that you might start to rely on it and peek again just after the count down. However since it starts just after 6th goes off you have a fair chance that an enemy still had LOS prolonging the time until darkness.
It is safer to do a count down in your head after you break line of sight.

Would anyone please have a link to the mod (outside of a modpack) that only displays a discreet warning sound when sixth sense goes off, but does not do an audible countdown?

Edited by Mureke

Sorry for being so rude but I just can't help it:

You pubs can't even count to 10 nowadays? gtfo or l2p...

i saw a youtube video and wondered how it would be using the mod.  Forum is the place for me to learn more about the game so if u have a problem then dont reply.

Anyways , STFU and go troll elsewhere .

i saw a youtube video and wondered how it would be using the mod.  Forum is the place for me to learn more about the game so if u have a problem then dont reply.

Anyways , STFU and go troll elsewhere .

Well in order to improve I strongly suggest you learn to tell when you've gone dark without some shitty mod counting down from 10 whenever you have been spotted.

Because you know, just because x time passed doesn't mean everyone is looking the other way now. You still actually have to drop LOS again, which depending on the situation you are in this does not relate to a fixed time intervall at all.

I guess my impatiance with the sheer stupidity of the idea has left my first post rather unspecific. I sincerely hope to have been more comprehensible now.

oh, and welcome to my blacklist.

Well in order to improve I strongly suggest you learn to tell when you've gone dark without some shitty mod counting down from 10 whenever you have been spotted.

Because you know, just because x time passed doesn't mean everyone is looking the other way now. You still actually have to drop LOS again, which depending on the situation you are in this does not relate to a fixed time intervall at all.

I guess my impatiance with the sheer stupidity of the idea has left my first post rather unspecific. I sincerely hope to have been more comprehensible now.

oh, and welcome to my blacklist.

blah blah blah, all my 5k battle have been without the mod and i know how the Sixth Sense works and as i mentioned i recently saw a video of it and wondered how it would be. 

So instead of being rude , you should have read properly and then posted.  

Btw, you talk like ur a SUPERUNI. Do you see much better player then you being rude like that? 

There is nothing wrong with the mod, it's a simple tool to give you a simple indication that you've PROBABLY gone dark again. If you believe it will help you, that's really all that matters. Just remember sixfutsvn; sometimes in this zoo, it's better to not feed the animals.