t___a

T-22sr: Get Over E-50M, A medium tank with better armor than the IS-7 has arrived

211 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Buddy of mine blocked 8.6k damage in his T-22 via side-scraping. Tank is balanced

Seems like a dream to me...a tank that excels at reverse sidescraping, and has all the mobility to make reverse sidescraping work...

1 hour ago, weesh said:

Seems like a dream to me...a tank that excels at reverse sidescraping, and has all the mobility to make reverse sidescraping work...

Reverse side scraping to me seems to be situational. Also fighting any heavy, they can plunge AP onto your deck since you can see quite a lot then reversed.

Mobility of the tank is nice but the armor to me seems to be lack luster since my T9s have no problem fighting them 1 on 1.

Any reason why the armor would be lackluster? The 907's armor isn't, and the T-22 is a 907 with better sloped sides, a better sloped LFP, no turret roof weakness, a stronger turret front, and better mobility & gun handling to abuse all of it. I can't see why the T-22's armor would ever be lackluster.

59 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Any reason why the armor would be lackluster? The 907's armor isn't, and the T-22 is a 907 with better sloped sides, a better sloped LFP, no turret roof weakness, a stronger turret front, and better mobility & gun handling to abuse all of it. I can't see why the T-22's armor would ever be lackluster.

The 22s UFP is 200 max when straight on at the very cheeks of the pike. Put a slight angle to either side and you are talking 160mm. 

Where the 907 has a more gradual UP. Straight on it can be up to 285mm and 190mm at the worst angle. The turret is over matchable which is a problem though.

Also hull down the 907 Is all auto bounce and OM zone on the turret is hard to hit. While on the 22 only half the hull is auto bounce on the pike cheeks but easily penned by heat since the angle is only 71 degrees. 

The extra troll side are not worth it to me when a T8 light wrecks my UFP. Thats just my opinion though.

The main reason I ask this is because the T-22's current "% of shots received without damage" rivals the Obj 260 and is outperforming every other T10 medium to an absurd degree. Obviously the stats are very skewed because of how good the average player T-22 is in comparison, but even compared to other tanks with a similar population, it's insane. It's bouncing 49% of incoming hits according to VBA - for some comparison, the 140 bounces 32%, 907 bounces 36%, E-100 bounces 45%, IS-7 bounces 47%, and 260 bounces 48% - the fact the T-22 is better than all these, even with its skewed population, is absolutely absurd. I expect even with a worse player population, the tank would still be bouncing similar numbers of hits as the E-100.

I dont know, though, as I dont own the tank, and I certainly also see that the UFP is a bit weaker than the 907's - it just seems like a small price to pay, in my mind, and I cant find out how to explain away the absurdly good stats the T-22 is spewing out.

26 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

The main reason I ask this is because the T-22's current "% of shots received without damage" rivals the Obj 260 and is outperforming every other T10 medium to an absurd degree. Obviously the stats are very skewed because of how good the average player T-22 is in comparison, but even compared to other tanks with a similar population, it's insane. It's bouncing 49% of incoming hits according to VBA - for some comparison, the 140 bounces 32%, 907 bounces 36%, E-100 bounces 45%, IS-7 bounces 47%, and 260 bounces 48% - the fact the T-22 is better than all these, even with its skewed population, is absolutely absurd. I expect even with a worse player population, the tank would still be bouncing similar numbers of hits as the E-100.

I dont know, though, as I dont own the tank, and I certainly also see that the UFP is a bit weaker than the 907's - it just seems like a small price to pay, in my mind, and I cant find out how to explain away the absurdly good stats the T-22 is spewing out.

Mainly because of bad players shooting nothing but its side. I seen one one 22 just sit in a field where he was tracked. Full UP exposed and at an angle your couldnt bounce. It took 3 mins for him to die. It was just 45% shooting the sides. As I am just watching from 3rd person of this guy taking hit after hit. 

I seen a handful of 22s so far and they do try to side scrape. But once I push them almost none bounced. Its almost as if its the Super-P all over again. Give it time.

35 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I think that high percantage is also because people are not aware of the stronger armour, so they shoot it at angles that normally would penetrate on most other mediums. New tank syndrome. I was bouncing shit left right and centre with my T28 concept when I got as one of the first-ish (first 10k people :P) but now it doesn't do shit because people know it now. That is also why I suppose good players wont find the armour of the T22 *that* hard to penetrate as they know when and where they can pen what.

I am not arguing that the T22 isn't strong, I am just saying that the numbers are double skewed because of good players AND the freshness of the tank itself. 

5 hours ago, monkey10120 said:

Reverse side scraping to me seems to be situational. Also fighting any heavy, they can plunge AP onto your deck since you can see quite a lot then reversed.

Mobility of the tank is nice but the armor to me seems to be lack luster since my T9s have no problem fighting them 1 on 1.

Agreed. If you are going to reverse side-scrape, be aware you have less depression than chinese tanks (1 to 2.5 degrees of gun depression when R.S)

On 27.11.2015, 15:19:39, MissNurkie said:

I've started my 2nd day of trying to get 10 kills, 2 of which needs to be by airstrike and 8 of them with shooting or ramming. Almost crying every game I pass 5 kills, because it's such a fucking retarded mission.. Also, I have to get three different types of vehicles. Closest so far was 2 kills away by shooting, sadly got blocked and rammed out in fire by a RMBLE retard, I died so I couldn't complete the mission that game.

I have been 1 kill short for like 8-9 times playing solo and few times in toon as well. Was close 3 times yesterday, every time 1 kill away with arty but RNG says no no no - low hp tank shall not die, on the other hand my full hp tank can get rekt but those consumables.

Hoping for some mission nerf some day soon but think is in vain.