Deliberate

FCM Playstyle?

11 posts in this topic

Hi!

So I'm new here and yes, this is a reroll since my mate got on my old account and sold all my tanks Q.Q 

(Alright, alright, stats also played a part)

So...I decided to buy a 50t....

Except I don't really know how to play it since I am experienced with Russian mediums and American TDs. I've not played tanks like the FCM which require vision control and cautious playstyles and I'm struggling to average over 1.5k damage per game. -_-

Can someone please halp me with some tips mainly about the playstyle of this tank?

Support tank fully.  You can play the medium role if needed, but it's nowhere near as good as a real medium of equal tier, the T-34-3 plays medium better IMO.

Snipey snipey preserve your HP in the beginning kind of deal, take hits at the end.  Carry a healthy dose of APCR because sometimes 212 pen is just not enough.

Just remember that you are not a heavy.  You're a shitty medium that supports the heavies in the 2nd or 3rd line :D 

Support tank fully.  You can play the medium role if needed, but it's nowhere near as good as a real medium of equal tier, the T-34-3 plays medium better IMO.

Snipey snipey preserve your HP in the beginning kind of deal, take hits at the end.  Carry a healthy dose of APCR because sometimes 212 pen is just not enough.

Just remember that you are not a heavy.  You're a shitty medium that supports the heavies in the 2nd or 3rd line :D 

Most apes don't understand that and you'll end up in front lines in Tiger 1 style tank getting rekt.

That is so true.  Usually when I find myself in the front line in my FCM, I know for certain I fucked up, and that I'm going to die in like the next 30 seconds.........

yeah what shifty said I made a post like this yesterday which I apparently don't need anymore because I somehow mastered this tank overnight and got a moe this morning XD but its legit support only playing it like a heavy gets you killed asap and playing it like a med is generally still to up in your face play it more like a passive scout in medium positions with a gun that recks everything :D 

On 03/07/2015 at 1:11 AM, Shifty_101st said:

Thanks for your reply.

So in terms of map positioning, what would you recommend?

For eg. Prokhorovka Standard North Spawn, would I head to the centre or would I head towards the position at F9 and snipe the campers at J7?

And on Fishermans' Bay would I head towards the centre and skirmish there and shoot into the town or would I find some other place?

I do realise these positions are highly team makeup dependent but in general, what positions suit the vehicle more?

I think you're right and that I'm playing the tank too aggressively.

Best playstyle Ive found is selling it and getting a CDC!

(CHAI sniper, cause EVERYTHING outspots this gigantic ammo rack!)

Thanks for your reply.

So in terms of map positioning, what would you recommend?

For eg. Prokhorovka Standard North Spawn, would I head to the centre or would I head towards the position at F9 and snipe the campers at J7?

And on Fishermans' Bay would I head towards the centre and skirmish there and shoot into the town or would I find some other place?

I do realise these positions are highly team makeup dependent but in general, what positions suit the vehicle more?

I think you're right and that I'm playing the tank too aggressively.

What campers at J7? That's a retarded idea, you'll get nailed from the side from mid and you won't find anything to shoot.

Go to E6 and shrek the pubbies that are on the other side of the ridge, if there's arty then delight and switch positions constantly, you should be flexing to E4 to poke and catch the side of people's turrets off guard when you can anyway. Once you've smacked their mid players into submission you can try to assist in clearing hill if anything is there or if that flank is locked down and nobody is spotting, you can try to kite the campers in 1-2 line and light them for your team, hugging the right side of the ridge that goes down the 3-4 line and poking for lights. If you don't spot anything, move in to the next ridge and poke until you start lighting.

What campers at J7? That's a retarded idea, you'll get nailed from the side from mid and you won't find anything to shoot.

Go to E6 and shrek the pubbies that are on the other side of the ridge, if there's arty then delight and switch positions constantly, you should be flexing to E4 to poke and catch the side of people's turrets off guard when you can anyway. Once you've smacked their mid players into submission you can try to assist in clearing hill if anything is there or if that flank is locked down and nobody is spotting, you can try to kite the campers in 1-2 line and light them for your team, hugging the right side of the ridge that goes down the 3-4 line and poking for lights. If you don't spot anything, move in to the next ridge and poke until you start lighting.

Thanks for the reply. I think Sirfoch used that position in a couple of his videos and it seems decent if you can use view range and have an accurate gun. Sirfoch's Tiger review utilised that position.

Anyway, seems like a good idea, I've always went middle in most of my tanks and it's worked decently so I'll do it in the 50t as well.

Also, one other map has always confused me on both spawns, and that's Fjords. Any ideas for the 50t? Thanks.

You mean on the side of the hill? Yeah I remember that... I used that for my Easy 8 Ace game... It depends on the team and on your enemies to be stupid enough to ride on that side of the tracks upto the center... (higher chance in encounter I guess).

As I've said before, the FCM is one of the best teaching tanks out there; you have to be cautious and careful, because you're a huge ammo rack on treads, but you also have to stay in the fight because the alpha of the thing is so pitiful, and you have to keep the gun working if you want to get anything done.  In short, it teaches you to ride the razor's edge.

You are one of the most easily spotted tanks in the game, you are huge, and you have no armor to speak of.  Play as if you are driving around in a very large bright light-bulb with a very nice gun.  Never allow a spawn-tard to convince you that you are a heavy tank.