RichardNixon

WN9 candidate prototype

632 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Ezz said:

From recollection the prominence of hit rate and battle count were the hairiest of chin moles. But since then they've even managed MoE which ticks many a box in many a circle.

Yes PR version two is basically WNx with a battle count component. MoE is a little messy, but it's better in v2 than v1. MoE ironically suffer from the same problems that folks complain about with WN8 - that you're measured on your ability to distance yourself from the center of the unwashed masses, rather than just your ranking. And the EMA function, while a clever data storage solution, makes passing the mark thresholds a little random/luck dependant. Plus, at least on small pop. NA, the targets move a lot when say there is a rental, or all the WGLNA players are back to practicing.

Soooo, any updates?

Honestly, just bring it out. If you keep delaying it more and more stuff is going to come out which will affect it. If this doesn't get implemented within the next month this honestly isn't going to get implemented, period.

1 hour ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

Soooo, any updates?

Honestly, just bring it out. If you keep delaying it more and more stuff is going to come out which will affect it. If this doesn't get implemented within the next month this honestly isn't going to get implemented, period.

That's exactly how you motivate folks for a pain in the ass volunteer project, for minor at best improvements and a dozen implementation barriers!

I guess that introduction of LT X will delay WN9 so no rush. 

On 2/26/2017 at 4:08 AM, MacusFlash said:

I guess that introduction of LT X will delay WN9 so no rush. 

Would the shake up of the lights be a reason to look at the value of historical data?

I know Richard Nixon did a comparison between wn9 and some of the other metrics a long time ago but since wn9

changed so much, especially at the end, does anyone even know how much efficacy wn9 holds over wn8/WGPR/TEFF?

I believe the consensus is that overall account numbers are worthless.  They have been for awhile and keep getting worse.  For that if you want a number use WGPR.

Recents are the only thing meaningful if handled well, and the discussion was generally about using wn9 for recents only.