Spawnster

AW Refugee Camp/IGN List

190 posts in this topic

hey MKW, I'd be interested. I am not committed yet to the idea of abandoning WoT and would like to test the game without the purchase of a founder pack.

Does anybody know the IP or DNS name of the NA server so I can pinglotter it?

Code sent by PM. See here for a trace I did previously to the NA and EU AW servers while investigating why my ping to Europe is markedly different (worse) than that of a player in MY.

Do you have to pick a new name for each test?

No.

your ign is yours for good once you choose it

And no. The IGN you choose now is yours for the EA and likely CBT. OBT and release will require a rename, none of the IGN's are being reserved yet.

Same IGN reserved on NA.

No access at this time and don't know if I will play it when I do get access, guess it comes down to when WoT makes me rage quit again and whether I have access at that time.

how it should be

Hey Westybig, I heard you lost your/my sig in the server transfer 
So I went ahead and pimped it a bit more xo

Edited by theironmind

Hey Westybig, I heard you lost your/my sig in the server transfer So I went ahead and pimped it a bit more xo
VJkeDEv.png
http://i.imgur.com/VJkeDEv.png

take my picture out of it all it use it ya wanker haha

I hope to be able to negotiate an AW game session with wifey this weekend. Who will be online? I may try PVE first though.

I tested AW on NA this weekend and l liked the experience. Fast pace PVP. Once a team makes a mistake, it goes South very fast. Had a few games with BlackPaw. He mentioned that on contrary to WoT, it seems hard to carry in solo.

LTs are in the process of bieng overnerfed and they scale terribly with all the tier 8 strapped to the fucking eyeballs with ERA tanks. i know because i have the stingray 2. tds are more potent imo.

lav/ centaro/ stryker is where is at for mobile tanks now

What I like about AW:

- Game is gorgeous for an Alpha game. The graphics engine is amazing
- 10% RNG not 25%. (I would lol so hard if WG changed theirs from 25%, given they explicitly stated that they never would)
- Tier 1 is viable in Tier 4
- Tanks HP's are random-ish
- The effects when firing weapons look so good
- Arty doesn't 1 shot you
- Wheeled TD's
- You need to play well and do damage from a distance or scout to unlock tanks other than the MBT's

What I don't like:
- The Stingray going SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIII boom and taking 400hp. 

NA was down last night so I logged in EU to have a peek at the new premium. The wheeled TD tier 3 is fun! Poor MBTs.

pretty much exactly the same free exp > profit. although the stock grinds are far more forgiving so maybe they will try other things

I had a question, I got in too the test, but as soon as I launched the game I fiddled with the graphics settings a bit, and did it step by step so as to be able to roll back anything I didn't like. Well I unchecked V-sync and clicked apply, and the entire screen zoomed in on one section of the UI, I wasn't able to click anything and had to force quit the program. I went snooping in the game files but couldn't find anything relevant and tried verifying the game using the mygames.com client. That didn't work so I did a clean install of the entire game, and still the problem persists, any ideas what a fix might be? 

If and when I fix it, my IGN is Meows_Externally

Edit found a solution, but too late, will have to wait till next round of testing to see if it works:

go to - my computer/hard drive/user/saved games/Armored Warfare/user/profiles/default/attributes

Change the settings to what you normally use, or copy and replace with the below settings to get you started, so you can then change it in game. 

<Attr name="Height" value="1080"/>
<Attr name="Width" value="1920"/>

Joyrider, I have a Nvidia graphic card. I had to manually associate the game executable to the card in Nvidia advanced control panel. By default, the game would run with the motherboard's built in GPU. From 2 FPS to 40 in high quality mode.

Anyone know where to go to download the client without having access, wouldn't mind pre downloading the game at some point but can't find a place on the my.com site where you can download.

Anyone know where to go to download the client without having access, wouldn't mind pre downloading the game at some point but can't find a place on the my.com site where you can download.

oh wait you dont have access rip. nah you cant preload it unless you have code. ask around cronk theres still a few people around with spare codes

I could just buy one for $15 I guess, are the servers up all day or still during certain hours?

I could just buy one for $15 I guess, are the servers up all day or still during certain hours?

During certain hours during EA phases with notable shutdown periods in between. Note the risk of account reset.